Unscheduled Server Maintenance - October 25, 2018

Cyan

Just now, Bryos-DN said:

https://shop.ncsoft.com/myshop/applyacode

Stop being so obtuse. How do you unlock transformations? With contracts, and its permanent. How do you unlock the effect of scrolls? With said scrolls, temporarily. Potions are the most beginner friendly and fairest way. 

And you stop being stingy..omg like if they would give a scroll ncsoft would be into  financial disaster..still 100 scrolls of 1 h..whatever what is done is done...hope to bryos to give him every reward and rng at half..or 1/4 ..is normal for him:P

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Thats intended. Not a bug. 

I'm not saying its a bug, i'm just saying it's too high. e.g. for a 10m item i'm losing +2m already. 1m something for listing and another 1m when it sells, by all means take it all AFTER it sells but let me list it for cheaper incase it doesn't sell.
We're not getting "alot" of kinah now anyways from selling to NPC's 

I am actually really enjoying this new patch, they really tuned pvp so everything is more balanced and the game is more user friendly to returning players as well as new players. There are something I do not agree with such as the transformations being the substitute for scrolls however, it does balance out the game a lot people just don't realize how op scrolls were and being able to dispell them gave a huge advantage to classes that had access to dispelling. I may not like some of the stuff they did but it really balances out the game in many aspects! Great Job!

6 minutes ago, Myaah-DN said:

Is there a thread for someone who hasn't played in years and has lots of questions (possible even stupid ones?)

@Myahh-DN Idk if there is a thread for that however I can try and answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability

5 minutes ago, Deathtouch-DN said:

Uhhh we had 1 hour scrolls and our items did have speed... [Boots] etc...

This is the new game design. There was a reason why Korea called it "Refly". It's a re-do of the game. Many many things have change and not all of them for the better. Yes. We are used to have speed on our boots, but when the game launched, you didn't get speedy boots until you got your pair of crafted boots at 30-something. We are also used to have scrolls for days and day, but when the game launched scrolls were hell to craft and expensive to buy. I remember turning people down as subs in my dredg group because they refused to use scrolls! So the game is going back to it's roots and will take some getting used to.

2 minutes ago, Khymera-DN said:

the game was destroyed with this new updt...
nyerked all our itens... scrools , potions, set, guns, instances...
good times was 3.5

See the above. 3.5 is hardly the roots of Aion. In fact, you could say that that's when the game started down it's downward spiral. Give it some time. What we are experiencing now will become normal to us in time. It's only been a day.

In fact i was wondering why Magic Resistance and Magic Defense have the same name on the items amors and skills. Even when them are separate skills in game have the same name that can be confuse, By Example Aether Armor skill says it gives you 2200 of Magic Resistence and 750 of Magic Resistence respectively both have the same names and they are not the same stat xD so is a bit confusing

they should have never given out the ultimate sets. the ancients, and legendaries yes, make everyone farm the end game ones. now all the ubers are running around in ultimate enchanted gear, wiping out all the ppl that are in clean ancient, and leg gear. and WTH with ppl already putting gear restrictions on groups.. get over your ego, it's a new patch, not a whole lot of ppl have gear to do it.

Also, i would let everyone go ahead and wear their 80 sets when they get them, but with stat restrictions, like the old sets, til they lvl. lots of zergs running around 24/7 in the new maps. and a lot of KS'ing..

2 minutes ago, Mystoganrr-DN said:

just ask in here, we'll answer as much as we can

5 minutes ago, CptLevi-DN said:

@Myahh-DN Idk if there is a thread for that however I can try and answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability

Thanks guys.

So, scrolls are gone. And the only speed buffs are from these potions that last like 3min? (the boxes we got in game, right? i haven't opened them). This is such a turn off for me. I hate being slow and one of the reasons I didn't level more toons was the drag of getting to level 30 and getting AP boots or crafted ones.

Crafting is gone? How does Aetherforge replaces it (if it does)? I loved crafted beautiful pieces. (Ok, I loved to hate when it didn't proc, but it was still love).

Gathering is still there, right? Both nodes and aether?

Cleric used to be useful in DPS (I was at least) and I could do both heal and dps, but I see the stigmas are very limited now (and harder to mix and play how I used to play) is is still competitive or Clerics are needed just for healing? 

How do I enchant a stigma? Same enchant stone as the one for gear?

There's no player database anymore? I'd like to see who took my name (or if it was someone who had that name in another server)

Just now, Acheillies-KT said:

they should have never given out the ultimate sets. the ancients, and legendaries yes, make everyone farm the end game ones. now all the ubers are running around in ultimate enchanted gear, wiping out all the ppl that are in clean ancient, and leg gear. and WTH with ppl already putting gear restrictions on groups.. get over your ego, it's a new patch, not a whole lot of ppl have gear to do it.

the ultimate compensation gear is actually rubbish lol, dont be stupid

Also, i would let everyone go ahead and wear their 80 sets when they get them, but with stat restrictions, like the old sets, til they lvl. lots of zergs running around 24/7 in the new maps. and a lot of KS'ing..

Well that is a very complex situation xD im fact i think you are totally right xD and even if people with the best gears in game with ultimate +15 may not agree, think about it!!!  if you go to a new expansion and you alredy have all the things you can get. Then...... well you alredy exhausted all the new content so what is the point on that xD

3 minutes ago, Myaah-DN said:

Thanks guys.

So, scrolls are gone. And the only speed buffs are from these potions that last like 3min? (the boxes we got in game, right? i haven't opened them). This is such a turn off for me. I hate being slow and one of the reasons I didn't level more toons was the drag of getting to level 30 and getting AP boots or crafted ones.

Crafting is gone? How does Aetherforge replaces it (if it does)? I loved crafted beautiful pieces. (Ok, I loved to hate when it didn't proc, but it was still love).

Cleric used to be useful in DPS (I was at least) and I could do both heal and dps, but I see the stigmas are very limited now (and harder to mix and play how I used to play) is is still competitive or Clerics are needed just for healing? 

There's no player database anymore? I'd like to see who took my name (or if it was someone who had that name in another server)

Okay so 1, yea scrolls are gone and I know it sucks ;( However for 9.9mil kinah you can buy 1transformation contract a week and with this it's like a perma xform it lasts for 7mins each time you use it and you need 1 xform scroll which costs 30k kinah however you will keep that transformation forever!

2. Aetherforging is the new end game crafting and it takes a bit to lvl it up but once you do you can craft some decent pvp gear as from what I've seen you cannot craft pve gear only pvp so for rn just worry about lvling until you hit 80 or at least 75

3. There are no more speed boosts from boots old gear you have keeps their speed boost unless they fix that with this maintence they are doing rn but other than that you just gotta get used to being slower

3 minutes ago, Myaah-DN said:

Thanks guys.

Not having the speed scrolls is definitely going to take some getting used to. It isn't just potions that give speed. You need to unlock "transforms" with Transformation Contracts. You then use Transformation scrolls to transform yourself into one of those transforms. They have run and attack/cast speed on them.

Crafting is now all Aetherforging. You can craft all your gear (PvE and PvP) with aetherforging if you want to.

Gathering is gone. Those essencetapping still exists, there are no nodes about. Just the ones in the housing areas that I have found.

Clerics haven't changed that much. Stigmas have been this way for some time. You have to change out your stigmas for the role you will be taking in instances. That's pretty standard.

You enchant a stigma by getting a second one just like the first and select the "enchant" button on your stigma page of your profile.

Nope. No database.

1 minute ago, CptLevi-DN said:

Okay so 1, yea scrolls are gone and I know it sucks ;( However for 9.9mil kinah you can buy 1transformation contract a week and with this it's like a perma xform it lasts for 7mins each time you use it and you need 1 xform scroll which costs 30k kinah however you will keep that transformation forever!

2. Aetherforging is the new end game crafting and it takes a bit to lvl it up but once you do you can craft some decent pvp gear as from what I've seen you cannot craft pve gear only pvp so for rn just worry about lvling until you hit 80 or at least 75

3. There are no more speed boosts from boots old gear you have keeps their speed boost unless they fix that with this maintence they are doing rn but other than that you just gotta get used to being slower

What I really think is a REAL problem !!!!! isnt the scrolls is that the weapons dont have Attack Speed!!!!! that for a physical type of player is really smellty shit xD so you now dont have the problem to have to get close while other clases just range cast or arrows or gun etc etc No isnt just that.... NOW you also hit SLOOOOW that is totally my dream made come true xD hahahahaha is like a death trap XD. Maybe they need to add a suicide move for this characters will be more reasonable xD

1 minute ago, Lenneth-KT said:

What I really think is a REAL problem !!!!! isnt the scrolls is that the weapons dont have Attack Speed!!!!! that for a physical type of player is really smellty shit xD so you now dont have the problem to have to get close while other clases just range cast or arrows or gun etc etc No isnt just that.... NOW you also hit SLOOOOW that is totally my dream made come true xD hahahahaha is like a death trap XD. Maybe they need to add a suicide move for this characters will be more reasonable xD

When I first hopped on my sin as soon as Aion came up yea I hated attacking so slow but if you noticed they compensated that by almost doubling if not tripling the amount of dmg your attacks and spells do! It's insane how much dmg you deal with some spells that used to do a messily 1-3k dmg, also idk about glad but my daggers and swords both give me attack speed, daggers give 1.7 and swords gives 1.4 maybe it's just the base attack speed but it says it gives attack speed

12 minutes ago, Lenneth-KT said:

Well that is a very complex situation xD im fact i think you are totally right xD and even if people with the best gears in game with ultimate +15 may not agree, think about it!!!  if you go to a new expansion and you alredy have all the things you can get. Then...... well you alredy exhausted all the new content so what is the point on that xD

Let's not forget the gear we got as compensation is not the "BEST" gear in the game ... it's RED but not the "BEST" ... it can't be upgraded like crafted or gear you get in game ... just letting you know ... so that gear is only good for so long ... 

Just now, CptLevi-DN said:

When I first hopped on my sin as soon as Aion came up yea I hated attacking so slow but if you noticed they compensated that by almost doubling if not tripling the amount of dmg your attacks and spells do! It's insane how much dmg you deal with some spells that used to do a messily 1-3k dmg, also idk about glad but my daggers and swords both give me attack speed, daggers give 1.7 and swords gives 1.4 maybe it's just the base attack speed but it says it gives attack speed

Ok Im Templar xD So RIP hahahahah no no joke xD as you can see even when they add a little more damage the values of HP now are insane a SW can easy have 50k hp so....... you need to trow a nuke or be very patience and also.... slow???????? maybe they need to fix thet values of transformations for atk speed so people can have a chance against casters and people from distance xD or a pet that gives atk speed anything xD

Archived