Forums

Hiding transformations

GenericUser23541

Just now, 1s2B708F-KT said:

I have not as I'm not EU lol but I am fully aware of how terrible it is there. With my comment I'm more focused on how bad NCwest is latley with hardcore pushing cash shop. Lineage 2 classic is just terrible because of it so I came here and now I see they did the exact same thing. Maybe it really is time to just stop with anything NCsoft touches at this point. 

That's true, but transparent scrolls shouldn't be a luxury. This obviously isn't Korea where everyone has those deformed chibi toons and they like it because it's cute. I like my toons for their appearance.

3 minutes ago, Lumin-DN said:

Transformation is the most asinine system that NCsoft has ever come up with in the 9 year history of this game.  It's so nyerking stupid that it makes me want to kick a baby.

Minions were the best source of income, guess now it's the xforms :P 

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Guess you haven't played EU.

At this point is there really a difference?

I mean this scroll business really is:

"Like your character? Pay us $4 a day to see him/her."

--

I had utterly refused to use candies back in the day and would rarely even use slayer form as it made my character look hideous. Didn't spend hours creating her to stare at a children's book idea of a penguin or polar bear, or whatever.

Now?

"Use it or be gimped because no scrolls for you."

---

Think I'll stick to vermintide.

19 hours ago, Delessa-DN said:

So you have to pay to look at your character now?

What kind of lunacy is this?

I mean I just reinstalled after a 1.5 year hiatus and this is the first thing that's already annoying the hell out of me. It's either be completely gimped... or look like a complete idiot.

Sometimes, someone at NCSoft has delirious ideas, write them and show to CEO. CEO Likes the stupid delirious ideas and put em in game. That's what we have now with transformations...

AION offers a really good char creation and the nyerks it up with a stupid game mechanics no one really likes much.

If we all just refused to use them, convinced out legions and friends not to use transformations EVER, soon there would be no need for them and, no one would be gimped for it. I vendor them all, won't use them. If that gimps me, so be it but, I'm not going to make my characters look like stupid cartoons over a few stat points or a bit of running speed. 

At least, they could let us broker the stupid things to the fools that want them.

19 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

You know Luna is mostly free, right? Luna instances give 1 daily and 1 weekly entry for free. And for the Workshop you get materials from those instances.

You know what’s not free?  My limited free time. I don’t want to grind just to look how I looked since 2009.  

This entire system is unforgivable and was designed to annoy people into the cash shop.  A player-friendly change would have been keeping speed on shoes and gloves, as was the case since blue crafted level 32 gear in 2009 and until 6.2, and maybe create all in one scrolls for magic and phys classes that combine a few of the scrolls into one click. 

This is an absolute rubbish system and no former love of Aion will ever make me forgive it.  NC took something from us so vital as our characters appearance and is asking us to pay to get it back.  

3 hours ago, Channing-DN said:

You know what’s not free?  My limited free time. I don’t want to grind just to look how I looked since 2009.  

This entire system is unforgivable and was designed to annoy people into the cash shop.  A player-friendly change would have been keeping speed on shoes and gloves, as was the case since blue crafted level 32 gear in 2009 and until 6.2, and maybe create all in one scrolls for magic and phys classes that combine a few of the scrolls into one click. 

This is an absolute rubbish system and no former love of Aion will ever make me forgive it.  NC took something from us so vital as our characters appearance and is asking us to pay to get it back.  

Exactly. What's this talk about "free" anything? NCSoft doesn't give anything for free. We're either spending money or a lot of time/grind.

Scrolls = always give you what you want. I want attack speed and movement speed? Pop Courage + Running Scroll. Only requires 2 cube slots and they were easily obtained/bought/crafted.

Transform potions = RNG scrolls that take up way more cube slots than old scrolls because of how many different types there are. You can get potions with stats that don't benefit your class. And guess what? You can give them to people that actually need those stats? You're a glad that got transform potions with casting speed and healing boost? Well too bad. You can't give them to your cleric friend.

Transform scrolls/"permanent" transforms = p2w/grindy shit with RNG involved too (need luck to get the right transform). surprise surprise

And besides the p2w/grind/cube space issues, there's the issue that everyone's been mentioning of transforms replacing the look of our original characters. Which for most of us is unacceptable given that one of the main attractions of Aion is its character creator.

I really don't know how some people are defending the replacement of scrolls with transform pots/scrolls. Someone tell me a benefit of this new system? I'm just seeing lame arguments like  "transparent scrolls are free"  or  "well back in my day before beta, we were slow as nyerk so this change is good because it reminds me of the good ol' days."

And this was supposed to be the update that saves Aion. Of all the bullnyerk I have seen in Aion's history this one took the cake. "Aion has an extensive and detailed character creation! But once you create your character to make it look like you want, you gotta make a decision: pay dialy so you can actually see your character or don't use transformations and be wrecked in PvP and move at a snail pace (specially if you are new to the game and don't have a permanent mount); the choice is yours!". Gotta love NCSoft.

14 hours ago, Sachibi-DN said:

we dont recive any answer about GMs? I feel so envy about Lineage 2 classic were players was unconfortable with some stuffs and they read them and hear them. but its seems our Devs dont care about us. they throw us the 6.2 and day "take it now dont bother us".

I really hate this new "system" to force us to pay to see our characters. 

I would suggest to read the threads again, on the Lineage 2 Classic forum. Lots of the same complains but less than they were a few weeks ago, about nerfed rates compared to EU and KR, about bots and other things. Players are left with no clear answers. If you read some older threads you can see a lot of players quit and asked a refund. It was quite bad managed from the start.

13 hours ago, 1s2B708F-KT said:

I have not as I'm not EU lol but I am fully aware of how terrible it is there.

I would say that more players complaining doesn't make something more terrible. If you look at the server population here, you can see there are not many players left to play. EU still has a lot more players. EU have some terrible things, some that will get sorted out next week, some that already been worked on, but the game in general is pretty much the same as here.

I really don't see a big difference. On EU you are discouraged to buy from shop because it's expensive and some of the things hidden behind rng, so you have to rely on in game slow methods or spend lots of money. On NA you are encouraged to buy from shop. Any sane person would see the state of this game no matter the region and have the same reaction. This is not the savior patch of Aion.. Anyway, if they fix the things they promised, EU would be better from next week.

Archived