Forums

Is aion worth returning at 6.0?

JohnnyBravo-DN

Hi guys, I've played aion for some time and I liked the game in general. I had to quit the game because nearly nobody is online the times I can play (time difference) . Are there more opportunities for the people who like to go solo in 6.0? Or is aion worth returning for a player who rarely finds people to play with? All help is appreciated :D

It's a free to play game so you lose nothing but your time to give it a try.

In 6.0 it is easier to level. You get a full set of PvP and PvE gear when you reach level 80. It's not great, but it's a start. Players that have been around longer than you will kick your butt in PvP until you manage to gear up. The first instance in the new area is solo. It gives accessories. The second is a three man instance. It gives accessories and armor. (All PvE.) Something like the old bloodmark camps are back. You can solo those, but as I stated before.. you might get killed by a group of enemies or by someone more geared than you. The new patch isn't solo unfriendly, but this is an MMO and playing with other people will definitely get you where you want to go faster though you can play alone up until a certain point.

I think if you are a new player, or have taken a long break - now is a great time to look into Aion. 

The levelling catch-up is very quick, and most people had a complete reset on gear.  It's definitely doable to get into things now and not feel too far behind as the patch is new.  

If you are willing to spend a lot of money on your credit card for it, then yea, could be enjoyable. But if you're not trying to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars. No, personally I don't find anything about 6.2 to be enjoyable. But that's just my opinion. Listen to me NCsoft, either let me fly around with my wings,  or delete them and just turn us all into stuffed animals like some Saturday morning cartoon nightmare.

The music on the game is still really good. About it.

1 hour ago, Raiuken-KT said:

If you are willing to spend a lot of money on your credit card for it, then yea, could be enjoyable. But if you're not trying to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars. No, personally I don't find anything about 6.2 to be enjoyable. But that's just my opinion. Listen to me NCsoft, either let me fly around with my wings,  or delete them and just turn us all into stuffed animals like some Saturday morning cartoon nightmare.

The music on the game is still really good. About it.

Again you here with your credit card and wings stories...

Can you just leave?!!!

No, not worth at all, you would have better come at 5.x patches, those were cool :( No flight, no locations, new wings without flight time, new gear without any speed, in order to get faster you need to be transformed into a stupid animal that doesn't follow the colors of your armor, hair, even doesn't match your gender :( New weapons don't allow Godstones. :( Selling anything from older times is for 1 kinah, most things untradeable, Broker is disgustingly greedy, takes 13% fee when you register your thing to sell, you lose it if it doesn't get sold :(

6 hours ago, JohnnyBravo-DN said:

Hi guys, I've played aion for some time and I liked the game in general. I had to quit the game because nearly nobody is online the times I can play (time difference) . Are there more opportunities for the people who like to go solo in 6.0? Or is aion worth returning for a player who rarely finds people to play with? All help is appreciated :D

Hey man, don't listen to @Raiuken-KT and @MetaBlack-KT these guys are what we now call furry haters.

Overall yes if you enjoy looking like a cartoon animal or monster from the game 90% of the time and, spending hard earned kinah or real cash to do it, sure. Leveling s fast, very streamlined, only 3 locations exist. Poets/Ishalgen Heronin/Belusan Lakrum that's it, 80 levels in roughly 10-12 hours of play, then use transformations into cartoon critters or, nothing to do.

7 hours ago, JohnnyBravo-DN said:

Well, I'll advise staying away from the forums and playing through the game actually to experience it. You'll seriously only find furry haters here.

Archived