GP Rank Requirements - Perhaps Scaled Back for 6.0?

Sweetzerlandia

I will say I am not a person who chases rank but I have seen a lot of concern among the community about not being able to make enough GP to maintain their monthly quota in order to keep rank.

I wondered if there has been any though given to perhaps scaling the GP requirement to suit the new content?

Since we don't have as many sieges, the gp we're able to earn is much much less and in the case where one faction outnumbers the other and keeps the fortresses for an extended amount of time, the faction with the smaller number feels the strain of the quota that much more.

Could you guys pass along our concerns to the powers that be?

Thanks!

@Hime

@Cyan

I know Cyan has said that they are working on something to address GP, but something occurred to be last night regarding GP.

Hear me out and don't attack just yet! I understand that the way GP is now will cut both ways, but I think I see what the devs were getting at as this last piece falls into place.

In the past we have referred to a faction with the level 9 siege buff as "mini-transforms". Remember? It's like fighting a faction of mini-xforms! I feel like I am a mini-xform!

So what if the reason for that wasn't just to make up for a number imbalance but was also meant to make up for the fact that if your side gets to the level 9 siege buff you have been unable to make enough GP in order to maintain your xforms? So instead of giving you ways to make more GP, they just made the whole darn faction into a 1 hour long baby xforms.

It's rather genius when you think about it.

And it's not like everyone won't get their xform back when you gain the fort again and it will be the other faction that loses their xforms until the siege buff gets high enough in their favor to turn them all into mini-xforms.

I understand that the argument is all moot since Cyan has an announcement for us hopefully next week, so this is all really in theory. Just found it an interesting idea.

9 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I know Cyan has said that they are working on something to address GP, but something occurred to be last night regarding GP.

Hear me out and don't attack just yet! I understand that the way GP is now will cut both ways, but I think I see what the devs were getting at as this last piece falls into place.

In the past we have referred to a faction with the level 9 siege buff as "mini-transforms". Remember? It's like fighting a faction of mini-xforms! I feel like I am a mini-xform!

So what if the reason for that wasn't just to make up for a number imbalance but was also meant to make up for the fact that if your side gets to the level 9 siege buff you have been unable to make enough GP in order to maintain your xforms? So instead of giving you ways to make more GP, they just made the whole darn faction into a 1 hour long baby xforms.

It's rather genius when you think about it.

And it's not like everyone won't get their xform back when you gain the fort again and it will be the other faction that loses their xforms until the siege buff gets high enough in their favor to turn them all into mini-xforms.

I understand that the argument is all moot since Cyan has an announcement for us hopefully next week, so this is all really in theory. Just found it an interesting idea.

It is a good theory assuming actually have a working buff :-) .  As someone who loses transform on Monday cause no way to make 900 GP I can't wait.  Only play for ow pvp and since KT A has lil chance to get forts atm no point even pushing or attending siege for 90 gp and 200,000 AP.  At least I can stop spamming the world when die now lol.  The thing is as the last region to get this patch all this stuff with GP was known yet not fixed before going live.  There is the true problem.

2 hours ago, Tyd-KT said:

It is a good theory assuming actually have a working buff :-) .  As someone who loses transform on Monday cause no way to make 900 GP I can't wait.  Only play for ow pvp and since KT A has lil chance to get forts atm no point even pushing or attending siege for 90 gp and 200,000 AP.  At least I can stop spamming the world when die now lol.  The thing is as the last region to get this patch all this stuff with GP was known yet not fixed before going live.  There is the true problem.

If you don't siege, then why do you need a transform? It isn';t needed for gear. This is why the current system is better- if makes transforms at least show up to siege.

I have no idea what Cyan's proclamation will be- but if we were consulted I would have said lower the GP requirements but keep GP linked only to sieges, and ensure that someone has to show up for at least half of those sieges to maintain rank - so at least 700 GP. That would give people a chance to do other things, have a life, etc. but still help. 

48 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

If you don't siege, then why do you need a transform? It isn';t needed for gear. This is why the current system is better- if makes transforms at least show up to siege.

I have no idea what Cyan's proclamation will be- but if we were consulted I would have said lower the GP requirements but keep GP linked only to sieges, and ensure that someone has to show up for at least half of those sieges to maintain rank - so at least 700 GP. That would give people a chance to do other things, have a life, etc. but still help. 

Let me clarify for you

I have been to almost every siege as a KT A

What I am saying now as being on the currently dominated side

1:) No Point in Siegeing currently to get 90 GP and 200 K Ap

2:) Gonna lose transform anyways because can never make enough gp a month so why bother sieging?  So I started to not bother going to them last night If I am on I will go but not going to go out of way for how things are currently.

Honestly idc if I lose it tbh on the side with no chance currently exactly as you said why does one need it.  It will make OW more fun and less spammy as when you die less will know.  So what I was getting at as every region had this issue for the weaker side yet the patch was still deployed with the same issue when we got it last.  They changed other things for us and this maybe should of been considered and fixed as well before go live is all getting at.

Archived