Forums

Spellbook VS Orb in PVE...

Ziekel-DN

Hey guys,

I am really confused. Does the orb have an advantage over spellbook in PVE? I didnt see a difference except in weapon damage stat. Does this affect the overall damage in anyway? Or it just affects the auto attack? Because although my legendary tome (3628+216) has much higher magic attack than the orb (3225+397) , my Magic attack stats in INFO tab is reduced by 100 Magic attack. Can someone explain or give an advice?

Thank you very much.

I am not sure if I really made my message clear, my question is does ORB give some hidden Magic attack stats when using it besides the one written on the weapon itself which the tome doesnt?

My MATTK with Ancient Libertas Orb (3225+397 MATTK) =  11193 MATTK

MY MATTAK with Legendary Voidsoul Spellbook (3628+216 MATTK) = 11093 MATTK

You see what I was trying to ask about? How can my stats in INFO tab drop by 100 MATTK when using a weapon with more MATTK than the other one?

I had minion, buffs and everything turned off when switching them both.

6 hours ago, Ziekel-DN said:

I had an underfuse on the orb, but are you saying the fusion gives some other hidden buff than the total MATTK displayed on the weapon?

The option stats of underfuse are added to your total stats too, so if your underfuse has magical attack it will add on. 

On other hand, there might be a chance that it's the damage boost from weapon passive.    

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RoresJlypQ0sWRKT70XK_tqSl92TQaNAsE5Ii66yM5s/edit#gid=0

Seems like spellbook gives 8% boost while orb gives 44% boost. Might be something related to that.

It was not that way in the previous versions iirc.

And I found the 10% more attack thing by experimenting on my own toon. And then I tried the same formula with your orb (i found out your weapon-less magical attack by subtracting the spellbook stats cuz u said it was not fused) and it gave the same 10% result to me.

16 hours ago, Ziekel-DN said:

Well that seems to be the only logical explanation to what happened. May I ask you from where did you get that information about 10% more attack?! And was it always like that in prrvious versions or this is something new to 6.2? Thanks Primatus.

It has always been like this ever since combining two hand weapons started back in 1.9. 10% of the secondary weapon base magic boost and base attack were added to the total base stat.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:13 AM, Primatus-DN said:

The option stats of underfuse are added to your total stats too, so if your underfuse has magical attack it will add on. 

On other hand, there might be a chance that it's the damage boost from weapon passive.    

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RoresJlypQ0sWRKT70XK_tqSl92TQaNAsE5Ii66yM5s/edit#gid=0

Seems like spellbook gives 8% boost while orb gives 44% boost. Might be something related to that.

Weapon Attack affects auto attack only and do not affect skill damage.

Weapon masteries gives percentage boost to Weapon Attack.

• 2 weeks later...

we had in previous versions too, that 10% from the secondary weapon MB and Attack. 

But also that 10% was added on your weapon description. So you should see that number already added. It is not like a hidden number. 

for example:  if you fused 2 orbs with 1200+X MB, the result was an orb that said 1320+2X MB. That 120 was added. So results weir for me that is not in your initial numbers. 

Not sure if the attack and casting speed made a difference there. Maybe what you say is that we can have some pasive factor that aplies on each weapon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok This isn't as relevant now as it was before but the old stats system spell books had higher base magic accuracy while Orbs had higher base magic boost. I'm not sure if that is still the case as out of habit i still pick orb for pve but that is what the original different was. This was the only difference and really what people use to use depended on their own preference towards socketing. With this patch however Wep dmg does effect magic skills and your weps base stats are all very important. as you progress in the game right now you shouldn't worry so much about orb or spell book but instead focus on which gives you more stats overall. Especially the pve stats.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 11:40 PM, Ziekel-DN said:

Well that seems to be the only logical explanation to what happened. May I ask you from where did you get that information about 10% more attack?! And was it always like that in prrvious versions or this is something new to 6.2? Thanks Primatus.

it is 10% of the base attack of the fused weapon, it was always like this. Not +10% generally. So if you fuse a weapon that has 1000 m.attack you will get +100 magic attack on the fused weapon.

Archived