Wonder Girls Dances(Emotes) and other Copyrighted items that can't be sold

Falcy-DN

@Cyan

Cause I wanna ping you on the thread to see if you have any input on this.

Is it possible to place all of the Wonder Girls dances, Miss A dances, and whatever dances we weren't able to get cause of copyright onto the Gold Sand Trader for Kinah or Gold Ingots? This would also include any costumes we couldn't get previously due to copyright. 

From my lack of understanding on how this copyright thing works, I believe you can't sell them for money without acquiring the copyright. So would putting them on the Gold Sand Trader for Kinah circumvent that problem? 

If it's possible, then I think a lot of the playerbase would absolutely love to be able to get their hands on those impossible to acquire items from the past. 

Unfortunately, Falcy, that is not how it works. Copyright prevents any (comercial) use of certain content, unless there is an agreement between the owner of the rights (Wonder Girls publishers) and the company wishing to use them (NCSoft), where the latter pays the owner for its usage. Infringement can result in a lawsuit and whatnot. What tends to happen with game companies and licensed content is that they make it so that you pay for it so part of that gain goes towards the original creator.

The Wonder Girls' dances are an odd case. I wasnt around back when they were being given out by Aion Magazine, so I cant say how they managed to give out copyrighted content in the first place. Whichever the case, the problem now is that while we have those dances in-game, NCWest cant distribute them to players as the agreement doesnt cover certain parts of the world (such as the West). Thats the reason we have been repeating all these years. :P Still not 100% sure, but it is a pretty strong reason.

33 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Unfortunately, Falcy, that is not how it works. Copyright prevents any (comercial) use of certain content, unless there is an agreement between the owner of the rights (Wonder Girls publishers) and the company wishing to use them (NCSoft), where the latter pays the owner for its usage. Infringement can result in a lawsuit and whatnot. What tends to happen with game companies and licensed content is that they make it so that you pay for it so part of that gain goes towards the original creator.

The Wonder Girls' dances are an odd case. I wasnt around back when they were being given out by Aion Magazine, so I cant say how they managed to give out copyrighted content in the first place. Whichever the case, the problem now is that while we have those dances in-game, NCWest cant distribute them to players as the agreement doesnt cover certain parts of the world (such as the West). Thats the reason we have been repeating all these years. :P Still not 100% sure, but it is a pretty strong reason.

I'm still gonna push forward with this suggestion to put them on the Gold Sand Trader cause I feel like that's a gray area for copyright law. Would need an actual copyright lawyer, though, to get a good answer. :(

36 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

besides, generally when a copyright is acquired they come with an expiration date, this mean you cant use them foreverand in the case of the wonder girls dance, it should not have been cheap to have obtained the rights, even for one or two years.

However, @Cyan can we have this one back??? please????

I REALLY REALLY WANT IT!!!

Wonder Girls disbanded back in 2016, Miss A even before that...I read one time about all the products related to disbanded groups even cover song etc.. cannot be done without payment/permisson for 1 year after the disband, i don't know if this works like that but-... i really think if we don't have that stuff related to them is just because devs are lazy to keep trying to get them.

Archived