Compensation

So normally I just use the forums to monitor game updates, and I'm definitely not one to complain often. However I gotta be honest I both love and hate the compensation we got for the recent officer/AP/GP bug. At season reset when the bug first hit I took my glad into everything I could trying to climb the ranks as fast as possible. I think most of us did. And it didn't take us long to figure out we were getting screwed by the bug. Before any posts were answered I decided to try and see if it was char based or account based. Very quickly my glad reached officer 4 and my cleric reached officer 1. As soon as officer was reached the AP stopped. The posts then came out explaining what the bug was. Now the compensation was great for the char you were playing on. But there are some of us who purposefully avoided any event that would give us GP. We suffered for three weeks desperate to earn AP with a very limited amount of options to do so. Three weeks of paying for prestige without being able to access half of the things that I enjoy in this game just so my ranger wouldn't be held back. Again the compensation given to the chars that reached officer regardless of what officer rank was amazing 12 red stones and 37mill ap. That's a big deal. But, had we been informed in a timely manner what the compensation was going to be, I for one would not have limited myself. As it is now my ranger was able to claw his way into genisis pvp gear and upgrade the armor to legendary while my accessories are still ancient. Had I known I was going to suffer even more I would not have limited myself. Am I the only one that avoided GP events for the sake of char progression? Now I'm not saying "give me free stuff". But can't myself and others like me get something, at the very least a free month of prestige for the simple fact that most of the month the content was ruined. 

The compensation was done as easily as possible. Period.

Your hindsight of "I wouldn't have limited myself" is the same hindsight that many people had with the EK server. "Had I known that every EK player was going to be given excessive compensation just for existing, I would have rolled an alt there!" If I had only knooooooooooooooooooown! Hindsight is 20/20, right?

5 hours ago, ButchRyder-KT said:

So normally I just use the forums to monitor game updates, and I'm definitely not one to complain often. However I gotta be honest I both love and hate the compensation we got for the recent officer/AP/GP bug. At season reset when the bug first hit I took my glad into everything I could trying to climb the ranks as fast as possible. I think most of us did. And it didn't take us long to figure out we were getting screwed by the bug. Before any posts were answered I decided to try and see if it was char based or account based. Very quickly my glad reached officer 4 and my cleric reached officer 1. As soon as officer was reached the AP stopped. The posts then came out explaining what the bug was. Now the compensation was great for the char you were playing on. But there are some of us who purposefully avoided any event that would give us GP. We suffered for three weeks desperate to earn AP with a very limited amount of options to do so. Three weeks of paying for prestige without being able to access half of the things that I enjoy in this game just so my ranger wouldn't be held back. Again the compensation given to the chars that reached officer regardless of what officer rank was amazing 12 red stones and 37mill ap. That's a big deal. But, had we been informed in a timely manner what the compensation was going to be, I for one would not have limited myself. As it is now my ranger was able to claw his way into genisis pvp gear and upgrade the armor to legendary while my accessories are still ancient. Had I known I was going to suffer even more I would not have limited myself. Am I the only one that avoided GP events for the sake of char progression? Now I'm not saying "give me free stuff". But can't myself and others like me get something, at the very least a free month of prestige for the simple fact that most of the month the content was ruined. 

I'd like to address the bold parts of what you said.

First, it wasn't 3 weeks. It was 2. The issue was first reported on April 26th as you can see here. We can safely assume that it started with that week's maintenance on April 24th. It was then fixed on May 8th as you can see here.

Second, as seen here, you were informed in a "timely manner" that there would be compensation but not "what it would be" because they themselves hadn't decided yet on what that compensation would be and honestly if you've played this game long enough you should already know that they never tell you what the compensation will be, just that there will be compensation.

Classic example of give someone an inch, they take a mile. Like ok, you avoided siege and IB and ID... what else were you going to get other than GP, AP, and stones?? No, you wouldn't even have been able to get 31mil AP & 12 ult stones if you did them all for both weeks. So you're basically just dissatisfied that you didn't receive enough freebies?

2 minutes ago, Dingsky-KT said:

I wish people would be happy of what they get. 

Point is we didn't get because we avoided half of the content?

Either way, I'm only a little sad because of the stones, with the buff on EK I got more AP than that. The stones are freaking awesome. That's like 600 ancient or 60 legendary pvp stones plus fragments.

Either way, whatever. I could've gone for officer on the last siege but I didn't think of it in time! Took notes for next time.

To address OP, those 2 weeks were not ruined for me. Was I affected? Yes- and I received fair compensation- although I don’t understand why we received AP in the form of so many crowns, rather than just running a database script - seems like more of a punishment in a way.

For those people who avoided instances- how is NC supposed to read your minds and know that you did that because of the bug OR because you never run them? So really why should you get anything but minimal compensation to say “we’re sorry for any inconvenience “.

Finally, thanks for delivering as promised now @Cyan    please respond to the GP compensation AS OTHER REGIONS did for their users when GP was originally reset and update the gold sand shop.

Archived