For a Sin 2 Daggers or Sword/Dagger or Dagger/Sword?

TheAnnointing-DN

D/S has the highest DPS if u got them of same quality as D/D. If you don't have a same grade sword use D/D and replace in time to D/S

reason being

1. dagger has lower base speed attack
  2. and a crit multiplicator of 2.2x
  3. where as sword has a multiplicator of 2.1x
  4. and a higher attack speed
  5. (which doesnt matter as much in off-hand, where the higher attack rating of sword and the 2strike factor is of more importance)

• 3 weeks later...

Dagger in the mainhand only was a meme started way back when the 50 Crit difference on Sword/Dagger base stats actually mattered.

Nowadays you should just use your strongest weapon in your mainhand and your strongest statstick in the offhand. If you have equal daggers and swords, use whichever weaves the most comfortably for you (for the majority of us that is D/S, but if you have high ping S/S will undoubted perform better and if you live beside the servers D/D will make you a god).

People need to remember this isn't Korea. You ability to use daggers effectively is diminished due to inflated ping.

I'm sorry but it's like being told to use Mace/Mace on dw glad o_o

Mace is really slow even dagger/mace setup it's still slower than dagger/sword even it said same speed but u can notice it.
Not like I'm totally rejected idea of S/S but I would buy some cheap sword to test speed first if I'm happy with it before do real investment.

2 hours ago, Nelewen-SL said:

I'm sorry but it's like being told to use Mace/Mace on dw glad o_o

Mace is really slow even dagger/mace setup it's still slower than dagger/sword even it said same speed but u can notice it.
Not like I'm totally rejected idea of S/S but I would buy some cheap sword to test speed first if I'm happy with it before do real investment.

Ummm, yes, a markedly better Mace will outperform a much lower tier Dagger. It's pretty basic knowledge that a level 80 Mythic mace is going to do better than a level 65 Eternal dagger. But the interaction and balance between Daggers and Maces for Glads is a completely different topic that probably should have died last expansion.

For Assassins, the line between Sword and Dagger is a lot more fine, so much so that it's not consistent between players, playstyles and opponents.There is a line of best fit, being D/S, but that only holds weight if your Dagger is roughly equal or better tier than you spare Sword, and only affects players whom have the choice.

EDIT: TL:DR; Weapon availability determines your choice.

What is your ping in game?

Ultimately Daggers = more speed, Swords = more damage.

Most use Dagger/Sword as to use the best of both worlds.

If you have really low ping though, D/D works great in PvP as, even though you may not do as much damage or DPS, you will attack slightly faster and weave faster. With this you can carve runes and react faster. 

Assassins have it rough needing to enchant two fully function weapons, and it is recommended to just stick with D/S. It provides a balance between speed and power. 

On 11.10.2017 at 3:50 AM, GenericUser389 said:

Dagger in the mainhand only was a meme started way back when the 50 Crit difference on Sword/Dagger base stats actually mattered.

That's incorrect. It's because of the crit dmg multiplicator of the mainhand weapon.

Dagger x2.2

Sword/Mace x2.1

PA/GS/Bow x1.7

Si if u would deal 1000 dmg non crit it would be 2200 dmg with a dagger-crit and 2100 with a sword-crit. Might not sound much, but if you sum it up for attacks over a length of 3min+ it's a lot

Let me stress it, that's only IF you got weapons of same quality.

As was said above, it's about playstyle and what fits for you.  Most people with ping in the 50-150 range use D/S.  Beyond that, S/S may work better, and below that, D/D may be better.  It's a personal choice.  Every Sin is different, just be ready to get some wierd looks if you're S/S.  They're pretty rare, because it really is substandard to most players.

Archived