Rewards

Iamloveshaft-KT

hello recently came back to the game, last i played was about 2 years ago and i remember munirunerks treasure chamber actually used to be worth spending luna on,but with how hard they are pushing spending money in the game all of the rewards for p2w such as luna gambling and prestige token turn ins seem to be horribly outdated and kind of like dogshit.do they ever intend to rework any of this stuff or is it the same ncsoft where they are unwilling/unable to talk to the community about things they are working on? also i bought the 30 day prestige pass and am just getting back into things but from what ive noticed its really not worth purchasing again correct?

19 minutes ago, Iamloveshaft-KT said:

hello recently came back to the game, last i played was about 2 years ago and i remember munirunerks treasure chamber actually used to be worth spending luna on,but with how hard they are pushing spending money in the game all of the rewards for p2w such as luna gambling and prestige token turn ins seem to be horribly outdated and kind of like dogshit.do they ever intend to rework any of this stuff or is it the same ncsoft where they are unwilling/unable to talk to the community about things they are working on? also i bought the 30 day prestige pass and am just getting back into things but from what ive noticed its really not worth purchasing again correct?

Prestige is still good for its PvE buffs, extra instances and prestige quests. No one does the luna dice thing anymore and yeah the munirunerk's treasure chamber sucks. Its only good for the stigma enchantment stone reward which you can sell for like 30mill of kinah this patch at 1200 luna spent. Funny enough what you said isn't even remotely p2w.

I'll answer your question about if the Prestige pass is really worth purchasing.

Welcome back to the game. Aion is in its last year or two of life, so keep that in mind with everything I'm about to say.

PVE:

There are some decent PVE instances in this patch. Some are pretty basic, and others are complicated and interesting. Prestige Pass will gain you an extra entry into each of the PVE instances and it will also give you a buff that gives you 400 PVE attack. The PVE flows in a very sensible manner. You start out in BoS/FM to get your baby gear then move onto PF easy mode and IDD, then to SL easy mode, then finally to SL normal mode and PF hard mode. (There is also VT, but only a few groups still do that for Prestige ulti stone quest.) There is also Herelym Mine for AP. It can be a bit tough to gear up in PVE sometimes because gear for your class might not drop. As a cleric, you will have an advantage because you won't ever have roll competition on the armor. If a piece drops, it's yours. Granted, you will have roll competition on magic accessories. There is not really any p2w in the PVE aspect of the game.

PVP:

Ehh. Things are a bit bleak, to be honest. There is a huge gear gap, worse than we've ever seen before. I have average PVP gear -- half T2 ultimate and half T2 legendary. I am either getting absolutely deleted by other players or I'm the one two-shotting someone else. There is no in between. You're either severely outgeared by people who have full +15 T2 ultimate gear or you completely outgear your opponent who is still in T2 ancient gear. It makes for pretty un-fun PVP encounters. Open world PVP is pretty much dead. It was fairly active back in 6.x because we were all sequestered onto one map. However, now people are spread out between Lakrum and Demaha maps, so it's hard to find open world PVP encounters. For instanced PVP, there's ID, Dredge, IB, arenas, and KBF. Prestige Pass will gain you an extra entry into each of the PVP instances. These instances all give you materials needed to upgrade your PVP gear, so the extra entries are useful. There is also siege every day. Prestige Pass will give you extra GP which helps you achieve a higher season rank, thus awarding you more PVP enchantment stones at the end of it.

So would I say Prestige Pass is worth it? Honestly, my answer changes from month to month. Right now, I'm feeling pretty apathetic about it because one of our PVP instances, Evergale Canyon, has been broken for 3 months. Yes, literal months. NCsoft can't seem to fix it -- or doesn't care to fix it since this is Aion and not Blade & Soul. So there are many things in the game that just go broken forever, such as the outdated rewards you mentioned, and it really hurts player morale. What I would have recommended is you play the game WITHOUT Prestige for a week. That said, I know you already bought it, so what's done is done. :) Just see if you really care a lot about the advantages it gives before buying it again next month.

21 hours ago, Iamloveshaft-KT said:

also i bought the 30 day prestige pass and am just getting back into things but from what ive noticed its really not worth purchasing again correct?

...if you are going to be active in the game, there is really nothing to lose having it, yes many rewards it gives are outdated but it will benefit you in every possible way, better XP/AP/Drop rates, +1 entry in every instance (and there are plenty end game ones), some additional prestige quests and the +400 pve attack bonus which is good to have.

9 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...if you are going to be active in the game, there is really nothing to lose having it, yes many rewards it gives are outdated but it will benefit you in every possible way, better XP/AP/Drop rates, +1 entry in every instance (and there are plenty end game ones), some additional prestige quests and the +400 pve attack bonus which is good to have.

But you agree that the rewards should be updated? That is is lazy af that it wasn't updated with the 7.0 update?

9 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

But you agree that the rewards should be updated? That is is lazy af that it wasn't updated with the 7.0 update?

Yes prestige has plenty of outdated rewards and the daily atreian sucks. I am only stating the drop rate passive, the XP passive and the AP passive and the extra entries predominantly. Those few prestige quests for ultimate enchant and spirit fragments are also a good addition.

If someone is going to be active and play the game, prestige is good at the price offered. And there are plenty of side-rewards that are totally useless.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

Welcome back to the game. Aion is in its last year or two of life, so keep that in mind with everything I'm about to say.

Wow are you clairvoyant?  If so what is the next big game so I can invest in it.

Or just an opinion thats how long you may play for?

On 11/16/2019 at 0:13 PM, Chump-DN said:

Wow are you clairvoyant?  If so what is the next big game so I can invest in it.

Or just an opinion thats how long you may play for?

Observation based on the past three years -- server merges, how long it takes us to get updates, number of people still playing, etc.

But sure, go off. 9_9

Archived