Broker Bots Solution

Magriitte-KT

Hello, i make this topic because of a known problem that has been affecting us all for long time, broker bots.
These bots stands at any broker in the game, spamming one item in particular clicking "refresh", selecting the lower price and clicking "Buy" with an espeficical amount of kinah for example: Legendary Enchantments Stones, normal prices are between 25m - 30m so if they put 10million as maximum expense they will buy fastly every "Legendary Enchantment Stone" registered either 1 kinah to 10million kinah. And this method they can use it with any item "brokeable" they want to snipe. This affects a lot to the players who want to pass their stuff via broker since this ones are "brokeables" but not "tradeables".

Here is my solution for this known old issue:
Add a cooldown to the "Refresh" buttom in the broker like 5 seconds and this will automatically ruin their rob because they would have to wait 5 seconds before they can spam "Buy" buttom again, either way you can add 5 seconds to the "Search" buttom too and remove the "Buy" buttom that literally no one unless the broker bots uses it.

@Kibbelz @Loki

If you lose items to a broker bot trying to pass it to an alt you simply deserve it.  Why would you be so freaking cheap since in reality on only lose the listing fee anyway.  You can complain all you want but trying to pass items thru the broker at a cheap price is just as bad as the person running the bot.  Quit trying to abuse the system passing stuff to alts for mere pennies.

12 hours ago, Magriitte-KT said:

Here is my solution for this known old issue:
Add a cooldown to the "Refresh" buttom in the broker like 5 seconds and this will automatically ruin their rob because they would have to wait 5 seconds before they can spam "Buy" buttom again, either way you can add 5 seconds to the "Search" buttom too and remove the "Buy" buttom that literally no one unless the broker bots uses it.

@Kibbelz @Loki

Well this could offer a slight solution to the problem, but all of us who lost a ton of items in broker trying to pass them from alts know that it is wiser to lose like 1m in broker fees than lose an expensive item.

The untradeability of items have given the bots a bigger advantage because now they actually earn items they never even farmed, just by snatching them.

9 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

If something is listable on the broker, it should be storable in the account warehouse. That's my opinion. Sadly, NCsoft doesn't agree with me lmao.

Many things became storable in the account wh but still not all of them (like thankfully kinah is now). Brokerable manastones are not account wh storable yet and many more things.

But the the untradeable/brokerable system was done for one reason -> to battle bots, it didn't just failed miserably, it actually gave bots a huge advantage af getting items they never even had to farm for! Thus it is time for them to reconsider this.

There is nothing they will do to battle bots, that won't hurt actual players more!

The only thing they can keep untradeable to make botters' life harder is kinah.

The solution is simple...

remove the obscene taxes that exist, and create a margin for each item, so that no one can overvalue or devalue the item.
so it will end the server inflation ...
and if possible it would be interesting to connect the broker of both servers .. to increase the variety of item

Archived