Forums

How to farm gear?!?!

Beaters-DN

Hi, I am a sin from DN and I am not fully geared at all not even sovereign. With the new patch that just got added, it seems that everything is made even harder for those that are not fully geared. I have 3 pieces of sovereign, all of which are armor pieces then rest are either titan coin gear and XP mark gear and acc. With that I can hardly even do anything in instances like SL or PF and now that many older players that are fully gear has stopped playing the game, the number of people running instances have also decreased a lot. Every time I come online now, there is hardly anyone not even a single group that is running SL, IDD or PF which makes it so hard for me to farm for gear I need to run Timeless Terrance or even farm for PVP gear. Does anyone know what to do now or how to improve the gear I currently have?

I'll admit, I'm not super up-to-date on beginner gear in this new patch because I already have my pve endgame gear minus a couple of the IDDHM feather accessories. BUT, here's what I think. Someone can correct me if they know better.

In Gelk/Ing, there is an NPC vendor room that sells gear for 1-3 experience marks. Buy the pieces you are missing. That, combined with your few Sovereign pieces, should enable you to start doing PFHM 1st boss. There are commonly lfg groups for this, so you should be able to run those without too much issue. Additionally, you can do BE easy mode with your current gear, although lfg groups for that are also hard to find because it can be 2- or 3-manned now (maybe even soloed by a few super geared people).

Get 1 or 2 earrings from PFHM 1st boss (only need 1 for the set effect, but they're shiny/pretty, and that's the most important thing looool). By this point, you should also be working on your stigmas and Daevanion skills. Get all of your main Daevanion skills to at least +5. Get your stigmas to at least +9 so you can unlock the 2 extra common stigma slots. Keep an eye on the broker and grab yourself an Additional Strike and/or Attack Increase runestone. Pray you get an attack slot in at least one of your 3 feather accessories and socket that runestone in there. Don't worry about enchanting it right now. Try to get your hands on an A rank minion (any type will work for the stat increase, but Sheba or Kromede would be best for an assassin in pve).

Once you have those things knocked out, you should be able to start running AOA easy mode and IDDHM 1st boss. Get a couple of AOA Bursting accessories and maybe the bracelet from IDDHM, and by the time, you'll probably have made some more progress on your armor and have socketed some manastones. At that point, you'll be able to start running PFHM 2nd and 3rd boss (they're generally run together as 3rd boss is actually easier than 2nd boss).

Note, all of this advice is based upon average players/groups. If you have geared friends to carry you, then obviously you will be able to do things sooner.

Also, try to join a legion so that you can make friends with whom to run instances.

2 hours ago, Beaters-DN said:

Hi, I am a sin from DN and I am not fully geared at all not even sovereign. With the new patch that just got added, it seems that everything is made even harder for those that are not fully geared. I have 3 pieces of sovereign, all of which are armor pieces then rest are either titan coin gear and XP mark gear and acc. With that I can hardly even do anything in instances like SL or PF and now that many older players that are fully gear has stopped playing the game, the number of people running instances have also decreased a lot. Every time I come online now, there is hardly anyone not even a single group that is running SL, IDD or PF which makes it so hard for me to farm for gear I need to run Timeless Terrance or even farm for PVP gear. Does anyone know what to do now or how to improve the gear I currently have?

Fill any of the gear you are missing with gear from the XP marks NPCs, sovereign +some XP mark gear is very good.

You also need to enchant it and retune it, it is like wasting enchants but at least do your weapon (gear is mostly for defenses).

Unfortunately when you miss a ton of events you miss the chance to literally catch up for years worth of progress. For example in the end of 7.2 we had an event where Frozen Monolith (solo-able by that time) was giving sovereign main gear! then we had an event that gave us a selectable daevanion skill every day for like 2,5 months or something (or other rewards by selection). Right before now we had the pumpkin event that gave you +12 stigmas for free and now we have the stigma enchant rates permanently boosted past +9 (to 30% chance to succeed).

So when you do get that gear you are pretty ready to go, this patch is making it even easier to gear in pve ready for all instances.

Apart from gear, the things you need are:

• +15 stigmas -> advanced (it has never been easier to +15 stigmas than now)
  • +15 daevanions (not as easy now due to no event for them, but do them slowly)
  • Cubicles (open world drops for basic stats, cubic lab for most bosses, and prestige vending machine)
  • As many transformation collections

It is definitely possible to do more instances in less gear fill all your gear with the xp mark gear besides the sov or kata/dem acc if you have them you can just +3 using ancient stones on those pieces is fine retune get HP/Crit and possibly some def stat in the extra 2 stats if you can. Sov pieces go all out open the slots put legendary+ manastones in it enchant to 15. The most important thing while trying to get the rest of the sov gear is getting the stuff Arhangelos and Van said get daeva skills +5-7 witout essence is my normal range well I do 7/8 without but try for 5 then maybe push to 6/7 if you can. Make sure you at least have +9 stigma but getting 15 is really easy now. Also making sure to have an A minion If you have lets say +10 stigma 3 sov pieces 15 with legendary at least stones and xp mark rest with the daevas you need and +5 then you are honestly good to go for now.

I started a new alt and I had left over kata/dem boxes and I have full xp mark +4 with kata/dem acc and I have decent enough stats 20.2k atk 5.6k crit my HP is low I just have the A minion lvl 5 but dmg is good. I guess this without my collections and cubics would probably be 1.5k less on both but 19k 4k is fine. Don't get discouraged keep working on what you can on the gear and focus on the things you can make progress on. ie S minion, daevas, stigma, collection, cubic. Gear will come in time

15 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

It is definitely possible to do more instances in less gear fill all your gear with the xp mark gear besides the sov or kata/dem acc if you have them you can just +3 using ancient stones on those pieces is fine retune get HP/Crit and possibly some def stat in the extra 2 stats if you can. Sov pieces go all out open the slots put legendary+ manastones in it enchant to 15. The most important thing while trying to get the rest of the sov gear is getting the stuff Arhangelos and Van said get daeva skills +5-7 witout essence is my normal range well I do 7/8 without but try for 5 then maybe push to 6/7 if you can. Make sure you at least have +9 stigma but getting 15 is really easy now. Also making sure to have an A minion If you have lets say +10 stigma 3 sov pieces 15 with legendary at least stones and xp mark rest with the daevas you need and +5 then you are honestly good to go for now.

I started a new alt and I had left over kata/dem boxes and I have full xp mark +4 with kata/dem acc and I have decent enough stats 20.2k atk 5.6k crit my HP is low I just have the A minion lvl 5 but dmg is good. I guess this without my collections and cubics would probably be 1.5k less on both but 19k 4k is fine. Don't get discouraged keep working on what you can on the gear and focus on the things you can make progress on. ie S minion, daevas, stigma, collection, cubic. Gear will come in time

I see I see thank you for the advice

21 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I'll admit, I'm not super up-to-date on beginner gear in this new patch because I already have my pve endgame gear minus a couple of the IDDHM feather accessories. BUT, here's what I think. Someone can correct me if they know better.

In Gelk/Ing, there is an NPC vendor room that sells gear for 1-3 experience marks. Buy the pieces you are missing. That, combined with your few Sovereign pieces, should enable you to start doing PFHM 1st boss. There are commonly lfg groups for this, so you should be able to run those without too much issue. Additionally, you can do BE easy mode with your current gear, although lfg groups for that are also hard to find because it can be 2- or 3-manned now (maybe even soloed by a few super geared people).

Get 1 or 2 earrings from PFHM 1st boss (only need 1 for the set effect, but they're shiny/pretty, and that's the most important thing looool). By this point, you should also be working on your stigmas and Daevanion skills. Get all of your main Daevanion skills to at least +5. Get your stigmas to at least +9 so you can unlock the 2 extra common stigma slots. Keep an eye on the broker and grab yourself an Additional Strike and/or Attack Increase runestone. Pray you get an attack slot in at least one of your 3 feather accessories and socket that runestone in there. Don't worry about enchanting it right now. Try to get your hands on an A rank minion (any type will work for the stat increase, but Sheba or Kromede would be best for an assassin in pve).

Once you have those things knocked out, you should be able to start running AOA easy mode and IDDHM 1st boss. Get a couple of AOA Bursting accessories and maybe the bracelet from IDDHM, and by the time, you'll probably have made some more progress on your armor and have socketed some manastones. At that point, you'll be able to start running PFHM 2nd and 3rd boss (they're generally run together as 3rd boss is actually easier than 2nd boss).

Note, all of this advice is based upon average players/groups. If you have geared friends to carry you, then obviously you will be able to do things sooner.

Also, try to join a legion so that you can make friends with whom to run instances.

I see thank you

19 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Fill any of the gear you are missing with gear from the XP marks NPCs, sovereign +some XP mark gear is very good.

You also need to enchant it and retune it, it is like wasting enchants but at least do your weapon (gear is mostly for defenses).

Unfortunately when you miss a ton of events you miss the chance to literally catch up for years worth of progress. For example in the end of 7.2 we had an event where Frozen Monolith (solo-able by that time) was giving sovereign main gear! then we had an event that gave us a selectable daevanion skill every day for like 2,5 months or something (or other rewards by selection). Right before now we had the pumpkin event that gave you +12 stigmas for free and now we have the stigma enchant rates permanently boosted past +9 (to 30% chance to succeed).

So when you do get that gear you are pretty ready to go, this patch is making it even easier to gear in pve ready for all instances.

• Cubicles (open world drops for basic stats, cubic lab for most bosses, and prestige vending machine)

Ahhhh thank you

19 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Hi but what do you recommend as the stigmas that I should run as a Sin now?

2 minutes ago, Beaters-DN said:

Hi but what do you recommend as the stigmas that I should run as a Sin now?

This is all going to depends PvE/PvP? because they will not be all the same and then also different sin to sin on preference but, I run Soundrel's/Lightning Slash/Apply Lethal Venom/Deadly Abandon/Sigil Strike/Venomous Strike as my main 6 these are my advanced stigmas I also have Break Away/Sensory Boost adv but that is for PvP. In my extra slots for green for PvE I use Shadow Walk and Eye of Wrath at +9  with Dash and Slash Blue at +12

Due to my latency I def can't do long drawn out fights on sin which already isn't their strong suit so I don't use shadow fall I know it is decent for PvP but Eye of Wrath meets my normal win condition; 1 shot or GTFO for me ^^;; hope it helps

On 12/2/2020 at 1:50 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

I think my biggest problem now is getting the enchantment stones to enchant my stigmas and stuff and also getting people to run instances 

2 hours ago, Beaters-DN said:

I think my biggest problem now is getting the enchantment stones to enchant my stigmas and stuff and also getting people to run instances 

When we get the morphing recipes back you will be able to upgrade your ancient enchants to legendary and ultimate. Slow and costly but will be possible.

8 hours ago, Beaters-DN said:

I will say right up front that the things you listed are not that easy. Some people may come in with the usual "oh it's not that hard!" comments, but that's just not true for new/returning players. You basically have to wait for a really good event in order to catch up in Aion (terrible game design, but it's what we have unfortunately).

For stigma enchantment stones, you have a couple options. The cheapest would be to use your event coins (they're literally called event coins, but you may not have any right now because it's been a while since we've got them from events). You can buy a few stigma enchantment stones per week from the event coin vendor in Gelk/Ing. Note, the current (terrible) Daeva Dash event does enable you to get some event coins if you want to run that.

Another way to get stigma enchantment stones is very easy, BUT it requires a decent amount of kinah. So if you don't have any, just skip this explanation lol. You will buy gold ingots from the Gold Sand Traders (icon on the right side of your skill bars) each week. One stigma enchantment stone will cost 10 gold ingots (13 mil kinah) -- also purchasable from the GST. The stigmas themselves are tradeable, so you can do this on your main and your alts.

Stigma enchantment stones are usually common in events, but not the current event. Also, you can get them sometimes from weekly Lugbug quest rewards randomly.

Regarding running instances, yeah, it's tough right now. This current patch rewards solo play which is ironic since the NCwest staff said they wanted to move away from solo play. But whatever, here we are. As I mentioned previously, getting into an active legion will help with that.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:18 AM, Beaters-DN said:

Like Van stated if you meant just the stigma enchant stones yeah best way is events but another good way is through renown it ends up costing you about 7-8m per stone then after that would be gold sand stones which take a while to get the ingots for but you can do daily or weekly I can't remember right now lugbug and it gives you ingots as well this would be 14m per stone if you just bought them. So getting the stone is fairly easy enchanting meh depends on luck but a bit tougher maybe is better to save the kinah and just outright pay for the +9 or +12. 12's would be the best goal as you get all the slots past 12 is a luxury not necessity but its been a bit of time so you probably figured this out just saw the chime in and thought I'd add a bit more

just to add one last thing they have been doing event giving away enchanted stigma so do think before you start to enchant or do 1 at a time because if you only enchant to like lets say 6 its gonna be really hard to get rid of that on the broker if you get an event and replace it with a 9-15 stigma just saying

On 12/3/2020 at 12:50 AM, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

This is all going to depends PvE/PvP? because they will not be all the same and then also different sin to sin on preference but, I run Soundrel's/Lightning Slash/Apply Lethal Venom/Deadly Abandon/Sigil Strike/Venomous Strike as my main 6 these are my advanced stigmas I also have Break Away/Sensory Boost adv but that is for PvP. In my extra slots for green for PvE I use Shadow Walk and Eye of Wrath at +9  with Dash and Slash Blue at +12

Due to my latency I def can't do long drawn out fights on sin which already isn't their strong suit so I don't use shadow fall I know it is decent for PvP but Eye of Wrath meets my normal win condition; 1 shot or GTFO for me ^^;; hope it helps

TY for asking Beat & sharing lost. FYI's and I'm not advocating this but just to share  for my Sin the current +6 all round stigmas (+1 default stigma skill for all round  set = the minimum +7) clockwise from top...Quickening Doom, Agony Ruin, Shadow Walk,  Shadowfall, Venomous Strike, Apply Lethal Venom, and in the middle Fang Drop Stab.  At the long lost time when this was set up I most likely used what was at hand but did decide most needed, and probably still do/want is to retain Shadow Walk for the 5 min Advanced Stealth invisibility to avoid PVP ambush and just to get to most PVE stuff like HM for example, simply. The rest of them are embedded in my 4 custom skill chains...so just saying its not a quick change once committing to a path. I could do better no doubt and any advice on that be welcome but what I have is working OK for now.  Whether to up the +6's &/or swap some out first is not all that simple once committed so good of you to to ask so i can share too. :)

Archived