GeForce NOW not working for over a week?!

Panzerian

I'm submitting this to a forum cause tickets don't seem to work over stuff like this.

It's been 8 days since GeForce NOW has placed aion "in maintenance". They say is NC's problem, NC says it's Nvidia's problem, yet the only ones affected are the players.

Most people I know who uses GFNow only use it to play aion, and there's a reason, not every one has a sub 50 ping to play this game as it's meant to. Me, as an argentinian player, can't play without this tool, even playing with ping reducers i'd get at best 200-ish ping, which is unnaceptable since i'm paying for a service both, in aion (as a prestige pack) and in GFNow, yet the days are just passing by, can't play the game without dealing with a poor gameplay experience due to lag and that's the same issue for many other players in my guild, even the ones that live in NA. 

We use GFnow as a tool to get the lowest ping possible, but without it, then we have issues such as Low DPS, Lag throwbacks or whatever they are called, and don't even get me started on pvping like this, it's just frustrating and upsetting for us players.

We need a solution to this ASAP, we are missing on Sieges, Events, Dungeon entries, and more. If this situation continues, then sadly we'll just have to move on to another game or to unofficial servers.

https://gyazo.com/859ae73ebd963f9e5c69251ecab63721

https://gyazo.com/3c0a75d92d5237dc0e7929c28e750ad3

I am used to playing with 200+ ping since I am from Europe and nothing can lower my ping. At some point in the new server location Iwent as low as 120~130 which was super good for me, but at other points my ping is close to 600.

It looks like a hit or miss with their ISP now.

Thought I was going crazy. When the server location switched my ping was a little lower. Now since last week some days my ping is normal and other days it's over 200 and 300. I mean I've already lost a lot of interest in logging in everyday. I've only been to the new map once and now these ping issues.

That's an issue that many of us solved by just getting GeForce now, it allowed  us to play with just a 9 to 22 ms latency, ofc there was some input delay but you get used to it pretty quick, i managed to raise my dps an outstanding 60% as a templar. I would encourage all of you to try it since its only $5 per month which is quite affordable if you have high latency issues, but since it's not currently working, you'll have to wait

32 minutes ago, Panzerian said:

That's an issue that many of us solved by just getting GeForce now, it allowed  us to play with just a 9 to 22 ms latency, ofc there was some input delay but you get used to it pretty quick, i managed to raise my dps an outstanding 60% as a templar. I would encourage all of you to try it since its only $5 per month which is quite affordable if you have high latency issues, but since it's not currently working, you'll have to wait

I know the difference ping does in dps and I am a sorcerer which I am not as affected by it as other classes, when I played with 250 ping I could barely finish Crucible Spire Middle. When my ping went to down 170 with RTL, I could finish it with about 3 minutes left. At some point my ping was close to 90~110 when they changed locations and I managed to finish it with about 6,5 minutes left. And I did this without having the new accessories (I play with cruel demahas) and I no ticket to go straight to floor 4.

This ping simply reminded me of how awful my game play will always be, people finish CS with 10~13 minutes because their ping is like 10~20ms. If they have never sold Aion EU to GF I would have never quit that and I would be playing with 10ms like I used to.

Aion is getting worse and worse in every possible aspect to me and these late patches do not help at all.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone. We definitely apologize for the technical issues that forced us to put Aion into maintenance on GeForce NOW. At the moment we do not have an ETA, but we will notify you if there is an update to that status. You can see our announcement on the topic here: https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us

Not having an ETA only means that we won't know when it's comming back, I know it isn't a forum's modders fault, rather a missunderstanding and lack of communication between both companies' staff, but it seems like NC is taking this issue way too lightly. 8 days have already gone by and that's the only thing we've heard so far

Geez Glad I haven signed into my EU account since I've been back online except to verify it was working. Did the same with my Kr account as well . I use all AMD hardware when it comes to my CPU and my GPU and my ping is low even when using my EU account from here in NA or, it alway6s was in the past. I play Elder Scrolls online and I have a Er, well, UK server acct as well as an account here and I never have a problem however I'm running a black Edition AMD CPU that is 4 GHZ before overclocking and my RAM is 32 GB running wide open and my GPU has 8 GB dedicated GDDR5. I did have to replace my graphics card recently but that was due to a fan issue on the orighinal only and I replaced it with a better one after fooling around with an nVida card a friend gave me to use. I found out that nVida was having a lot of problems with their driver software so I went back to my golden rule when building Gaming PC's: When using AMD CPU's always use AMD based graphics and with intel CPU's stick with nVida based graphics. They just play nicer together - no pun intended, lol. Since then my problems have been solved. I can play any game out there with my graphics on full.

• 6 months later...

7 months and counting, NCWest haven't even provide an update, now AION classic is comming and we will be left in the ditch. GForce Now already stated long ago this is an issue on NCWest side completely.

Thanks NCWest!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...