• Eternal Bastion
    • Craddle of eternity
    • Holy tower
    • Drakenspire depths
    • Primate Forge
    • Veilenthrone
    • Stelin Labs

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The only instance i disliked was EB. Rewards to good it invalidated any other content which in turn made the community so petty and Aion's community never recovered since those days.

Amen, that was the first arrow to the knee of Aion, that was when I first quit the game for like 6~8 months (until a new patch would come to try). It was exclusive to a static alliance and loners or not so geared people were practically non factors.

In 6.x patch everyone could do pve instances by participating from the simpel ones to the hard ones, but then the exact opposite thing happened in the whole 7.x patch, pve instances in hard mode were not meant for everyone but for very few overgeared static groups, altar sieges (and world bosses as usual) were for big legions only, open world events suck for the same reasons etc. And now Timeless Terrace is the same, you either belong to a cartel legion to protect you or you are not allow to roam there (at least the first weeks that it was opened I do not even know what is going on there anymore, I won't revisit that map unless something changes)

imagine not putting dark poeta in there

this guy clearly didn't play when the game was it's most fun, people pvp'ing in miragent, when it was really hard just to get an atk spd weapon, when dreg could be trained from the start of the instance, when people pop the kerub artifact and went into dreg and took all the surks.

I just didnt remember it, just like steel rake. I never liked because I dont like time ranked instances in the first place. And I never pvped in miragents first because I was asmo, and because I always had somewhat decent pvp gear, if im not mistaken. And I dont think that was the most fun time on Aion, I think parts of 4.0 were the most fun. And 4.x lasted way longer than those earlier versions.

Chaos Arena was just pure fun for PvP. A 10-man FFA arena. That was hectic when you had multiple geared players in it much like how Glory Arena felt. 
And Ironwall being a 24-man PvP instance split off into groups of 12 until everyone met up for the big ol' 24 v 24. 

Yes, I loved chaos arena and glory as well. I also prefer the team arena when it was 3 teams.

A special mention goes to Panesterra, though. Nothing will ever surpass my love for the game with a 100 v 100 FFA between all server factions before the teaming happened. The pinnacle of fun. 

It was my favorite siege as well. I loved played in Siel when the server in the 3.7-4.7  had a very very strong faction.

5 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

It was my favorite siege as well. I loved played in Siel when the server in the 3.7-4.7  had a very very strong faction.

I always love seeing the faction differences between elyos and asmo's on Siel as to how they remember siege during those times. 

On 12/25/2020 at 11:21 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Even though I play since 2010 I haven't done these:

• Bakarma
  • Raksang
  • Argent Manor
  • Dragon Lorg refuge
  • Sauro
  • Veilenthrone
  • Stelin Labs
  • Craddle of Eternity

But I never enjoyed anything that required a big group as well. So I voted for Beshmudir because I used to solo that.

My absolute worse was The Eternal Bastion, we weren't even allowed to try it when it was important and then at some point everyone could do it, I did itlike 3~4 times but I wasn't enjoying it.

As an unpopular opinion I personally LOVED CoE (Craddle of Eternity). I know so many people hated it, but it was like that instance thats sort of after all the end game instances and is hard, but I just loved it so much. And same with EB, I have NO idea what I was doing, and I ran it like 3 times a day. I just chilled and ran around and killed whatever, but It was just the capability of being lazy and doing nothing while doing everything at the same time. I still have no idea what to do in EB.

12 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

As an unpopular opinion I personally LOVED CoE (Craddle of Eternity). I know so many people hated it, but it was like that instance thats sort of after all the end game instances and is hard, but I just loved it so much. And same with EB, I have NO idea what I was doing, and I ran it like 3 times a day. I just chilled and ran around and killed whatever, but It was just the capability of being lazy and doing nothing while doing everything at the same time. I still have no idea what to do in EB.

Truth to be told I did CoE when it became a useless instance after 6.x so I said I never did them because when it was important during 5.x I never set foot in it. And Aturam Sky fortress, i only did it when it when it became obsolete too, never tried anything that required groups in the past as I was a dedicated soloer.

59 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Truth to be told I did CoE when it became a useless instance after 6.x so I said I never did them because when it was important during 5.x I never set foot in it. And Aturam Sky fortress, i only did it when it when it became obsolete too, never tried anything that required groups in the past as I was a dedicated soloer.

I really dont like that they made CoE and FM an easy instance, they were so much fun and now no one even knows their mechanics. 

4 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I really dont like that they made CoE and FM an easy instance, they were so much fun and now no one even knows their mechanics. 

COE was a very fun and difficult instance. Its sad that most of the player base didnt really do that instance fully.

oh. memories...

i really liked a lot of the old instances. They had mechanics to follow too. Some of them were complicated and some required to go with certain classes. But most of them were doable. I started TS with a coliseum 55 set and without greater stigmas. Was hard as a cleric, but was a nice way to start and learn. Also each instance had some unique items and gears that we needed. The shield from Rentus, helm from UAS, fhysical defensive gear from Manor/Forest or something more DPS focused from TS. Those rare attack speed magic weapons from UAS hard mode. Even the karum coins farm from Ragsang to get a mount and wings.... 

I really liked those times when we were able to do most of the instances without the need of gear +15 and a lot of other things upgraded too. And all the small things included. Like giving balaur mats to a friend who crafted food, or saving some skins for another friend who really liked, leaving some mobs in BT for that one team mate who still needed exp. Some people does not know, but there was a time when you were able to play with people since lvl 20 and we had a lot of instances to do with our current gear. And we did not need to have many accounts and toons to get resources. 

Archived