What’s different about classic?

Hello, I’ve only been playing for a week or two. I’ve looked online and find any classic vs current Aion info. What will be the biggest difference that attracts players to classic? Also I know Aion claims to be subscription free, but I see in the store that there’s a monthly subscription available but it appears to be for max level/end game players. I’m kind of confused about it. Any info on these questions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

The current version is a P2W button smasher that butchered every part of the game that made it an MMO, from crafting to gathering to actually progressing in the game without the need for events.

Classic is an old school game where your progress is determined by the time you can spend, not the size of your wallet. PVP is more balanced and people who spend thousands of dollars won't instant kill you like they do in the current version.

The game hasn't even launched yet and there's more people in the aion classic discords than there has been on retail servers in the past 6 years.

Avoid live at all cost unless you want to play a gambling game. If you have thousands to spend and just want to pvp the few remaining ppl... go for it.

If you want to know more technical differences you can pm me or message me on discord and I'll be glad to answer any questions, but the bottom line is that nobody plays the current version for a reason.

15 hours ago, GenericUser50992 said:

Hello, I’ve only been playing for a week or two. I’ve looked online and find any classic vs current Aion info. What will be the biggest difference that attracts players to classic? Also I know Aion claims to be subscription free, but I see in the store that there’s a monthly subscription available but it appears to be for max level/end game players. I’m kind of confused about it. Any info on these questions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Mostly nostalgia, tradeable  items, kinah and a decent crafting system. I honestly don't want to play classic. I prefer the more streamlined combat mechanics on live but since classic is going to cannibalize and diminish the player base further I have no choice if I want to continue to play Aion.

Oh man, where to even begin lmao

Aion goes by numbered patches. Live servers are currently in 7.9.

Classic starts with 1.0 (or 1.2 if you will) and shall continue until 2.7. Aion went free to play in the West back with patch 3.0 and things started going downhill, but the game was still very much playable.

Starting with patch 4.0, they introduced the Gunslinger and Songweaver, class, Aethertech came with 4.5. Deletion of maps started to become a thing with 4.8, and p2w started creeping more and more over time, up until 5.8, but in my mind the game was still very much playable and I enjoyed it, despite some of the p2w crap.

Patch 6.0 is when Korea went free to play and everything just became a gambling p2w mobile gacha game, half of the game was deleted (like 10 maps), crafting got obliterated, and so much more, the game became a wasteland and everything was RNG. The idea of transformation contracts was Korea's attempt at something "new" but in reality it was a weak cash grab. Patch 7.0 introduced the Vandal (Painter class) and PvP just became extremely unbalanced at this point. It was about your wallet size rather than skill.

After all of this, the game started to die, specifically with 6.0, and just kept going down and down. Aion Classic is Korea's attempt in regaining (and possibly cashing on nostalgia) all the players they've lost. Live servers over there aren't holding too good either, with just 2 active servers (as we have here), whilst classic has 7 fully packed 24/7 almost. Classic server brings back the original crafting and gathering, the deleted maps, and doesn't revolve around throwing your wallet to get gear, skills or anything like that.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

There are going to be 2 options for classic - either they keep updating it, which would be surprising for me because then it wouldn’t be classic. Without updates, players will just get bored of it and quit at some point.

I think they will update up to 2.7 then follow up with Aion 2 and starting over with the game using 3.0 as a starting point and re-writing the game using the feedback from classic on a new modern graphics engine with improved performance to take advantage of modern gpu.  That is what I am hopeful for. 

18 hours ago, GenericUser50992 said:

Classic has a much simpler gear setup it's based on the 2009 version of Aion. Over the years more and more pieces of equipment are required to remain competitive, to the point where casual players have little chance of attaining proper endgame gear.

The simpler gear choices in Classic mean far less inequality, especially in PvP.

Secondly, one of the main draw cards for Aion was the wings/flying which is all but totally removed over the years since, except for a few  small spots in some maps.

On 6/20/2021 at 2:39 AM, Kubei-DN said:

Oh man, where to even begin lmao

Aion goes by numbered patches. Live servers are currently in 7.9.

Classic starts with 1.0 (or 1.2 if you will) and shall continue until 2.7. Aion went free to play in the West back with patch 3.0 and things started going downhill, but the game was still very much playable.

Starting with patch 4.0, they introduced the Gunslinger and Songweaver, class, Aethertech came with 4.5. Deletion of maps started to become a thing with 4.8, and p2w started creeping more and more over time, up until 5.8, but in my mind the game was still very much playable and I enjoyed it, despite some of the p2w crap.

Patch 6.0 is when Korea went free to play and everything just became a gambling p2w mobile gacha game, half of the game was deleted (like 10 maps), crafting got obliterated, and so much more, the game became a wasteland and everything was RNG. The idea of transformation contracts was Korea's attempt at something "new" but in reality it was a weak cash grab. Patch 7.0 introduced the Vandal (Painter class) and PvP just became extremely unbalanced at this point. It was about your wallet size rather than skill.

After all of this, the game started to die, specifically with 6.0, and just kept going down and down. Aion Classic is Korea's attempt in regaining (and possibly cashing on nostalgia) all the players they've lost. Live servers over there aren't holding too good either, with just 2 active servers (as we have here), whilst classic has 7 fully packed 24/7 almost. Classic server brings back the original crafting and gathering, the deleted maps, and doesn't revolve around throwing your wallet to get gear, skills or anything like that.

Didn't they skip 3.0 and wasn't it 3.2 ? Didn't 3.0 have to many bugs so they skipped it?

Archived