aion classic should be free to those who been playing since 2009

Guest Frank

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

You get a free week of Siel's Aura for 1 week from 23rd to 30th, and then 1 hour free PER DAY. That's more than generous in my opinion.

More than.  Absolutely.

If you've played since 2009 consistently, then you're probably eager to see the return of a Subscription based solution.  Not begging for freebies.  Go find a private server if that's what you want.  

I'd be happier if they rewarded people with accounts from back in the day with cool little odds and ends.  Cosmetics, for example, to show their appreciation.  That's it.

2 hours ago, Guest Frank said:

or give us free month or two for our service

So on top of all the veteran stuff that was given throughout retail's life, you want even more free stuff? What service to NCsoft did you provide that would warrant more free stuff? Seems like most of these classic forum threads would fit well with r/choosingbeggars.

Guest Legendary_Z

If you really want Aion Classic to succeed, be a paying customer and show your support for the old Aion so that it will continue.

Like someone else said previously, the only thing I'd expect to show appreciation for long time players is some unique skins or ascetic. 

It takes money to run a game, and seeing as everyone who played back in 2009 is at least 20+ years old now, is it really too much to ask for $15/month for a game you enjoy playing? Heck, the average cost to eat out at a fast food joint these days is almost that amount. $15 in 2021 is pretty cheap compared to $15 in 2009...

Guest Wootage
5 hours ago, Coheed said:

How about if you want to play, ... pay for it!!

I wish they never did this free hour bs.

P2P %100!!!!

This

Posts around classic reveal how toxic the community was and how toxic the community will be.

I my self dont mind a healthy sub based game and I really hope AION classic to be one (hoping for NC to forget the P2W system but it is hard to kick sugar out of your life).

However, there is no excuse for offensive or racist comments like

20 hours ago, Guest Pewpee said:

Stop begging  or get a job

You guys need to understand that some people are not living under the same standards. In some countries the minimum wage is equivalent to an hour work of others. Of course asking an NA server to facilitate any other country is a bit too much. However, that is no excuse for acting like an offensive brat against someone who is not fortunate enough to live where you leave and earn what you earn.

Possibly the best solution would be the below.

20 hours ago, Coheed said:

How about if you want to play, ... pay for it!!

I wish they never did this free hour bs.

P2P %100!!!!

Giving a free hour is like giving a small daily dose to an addict.  If NC really wanted to give people a chance to try they could have given 1week 1day , 10 levels ,1 hour trial but instead they know that by refreshing the pleasure for 1h per day to the addicts they will keep them in the hook and eventually they will look for ways to buy more.

This is my opinion though. The only thing that is certain is that there is no room for racism or bullying.

Keep your toxicity for your self.

Guest Gobsmacked
On 6/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, Guest Frank said:

Such a sense of entitlement.

Anything "f2p" is going to bring cancer only. We already have enough f2p to make classic a hell playing on. We should advocate for them to remove that 1h too, not give more f2p.

59 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

You guys need to understand that some people are not living under the same standards. In some countries the minimum wage is equivalent to an hour work of others. Of course asking an NA server to facilitate any other country is a bit too much. However, that is no excuse for acting like an offensive brat against someone who is not fortunate enough to live where you leave and earn what you earn.

I agree we should be more polite to each other

When it comes to cost, the servers are not in these countries so the cost of the server's survival can't be met with what people in poorer countries make. Having servers in USA costs an amount that is relevant with USA prices/salaries.

At some point NCSoft could have opened servers in SA exclusively like they have in RU and EU. We can't expect a USA company to charge pennies, because the servers are a USA type of service, aka an expensive one.

The biggest problem that I see right now, other than my typos, is that all the toxicity from the EU servers came here.

EU servers have a p2p and p2w scheme which people may have gotten used to. However, NA servers were f2p and in fact most of the things were possible within the game.

AION classic is not EU and not NA Retail. It happens to be hosted from NCWest so everyone should treat it as a brand new thing. NC will decide the model and we "player-base" will decide whether we want to play it.

Now my personal view is that a server that is p2p but not p2w will diminish bots and allow a healthier community to grow. Assuming they dont just let hacker roam around and Simpoks create their own shit breaking every single mechanism of this game.

I wish that this is the direction it is heading to but judging on how they started BnS like that and they turned it into a milking machine I am a bit reluctant to give any credit or put any trust in it, at least until i see it.

Guest Wootage
On 6/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, Guest Frank said:

199kuu.jpgBest we can do is a  free week

Guest Wrath
24 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

LoL, we all going though. I dont know who is going to play retail at least for a while :/

I bet 80% of people retention. Talked to a lot of people, most think classic is too expensive and will keep playing retail. Almost everybody from Clarity will stay on retail. Of course, they will play on first free week, after that, they will come back to retail.

41 minutes ago, Guest Wrath said:

I bet 80% of people retention. Talked to a lot of people, most think classic is too expensive and will keep playing retail. Almost everybody from Clarity will stay on retail. Of course, they will play on first free week, after that, they will come back to retail.

Well there were 200 Elyos on KT at Siege time yesterday in Inggison, lets see what it's like next week.

its good that it costs per month to play the full game, like this we will see less botters and china sellers(like the good old EU Aion was)

6 minutes ago, Guest Neo said:

its good that it costs per month to play the full game, like this we will see less botters and china sellers(like the good old EU Aion was)

That is actually not correct. The current set up is bot friendly !!!

Guest Daggamie-DN

Classic subscription too expensive ? Damn you put over 500$ by month on retail server but 15$ is too expensive 🤣

Archived