Fort time 3-5am EU time?

Guest Concerned

Guest Concerned

Hello,

is it true that the fort time is 20-22pm us time so 3-5am eu time? 90% of the EU player wont be able to participate that way and lose out on the rewards.

Isnt there a way to find a time which benefits us and eu players at the same time?

Just now, Guest Concerned said:

Hello,

is it true that the fort time is 20-22pm us time so 3-5am eu time? 90% of the EU player wont be able to participate that way and lose out on the rewards.

Isnt there a way to find a time which benefits us and eu players at the same time?

This has been talked about, to death, on the boards the last few days.

This is a North American launch, and so most things are set to NA.  In a perfect world they'd offer another server for EU and allow you guys better ping, better raid times, etc.   I hope you get that, but I don't think they're changing them for this one server.

1 minute ago, Guest Concerned said:

Hello,

There is no way to schedule sieges that work across wildly different time zones. 8 PM utc for example would be 4 PM EDT, which would be 12 PM PDT. North American servers are not going to schedule this sort of thing during a time in which the entire North American continent is still at work or school. I feel for our friends over in Europe and Oceania, I do, but there's nothing to be done unless a Euro server is opened which I don't see NCWest doing anytime soon.

Guest ;isty
12 minutes ago, Guest Concerned said:

Hello,

true but the servers is still NA servers and not EU "advertised"

if they make a server eu friendly sieges we will see.

Guest NotAion Expert

Keep dreaming, best they can offer at one point is a server with EU friendly schedule, but high doubts there.

Guest Concerned

Yeah you guys are sadly right. 

Well lets hope for a EU Server launch for us EU players, Iam going to skip NA Launch since I want to do frotresses because enjoy them. There are alot of EU players so maybe NCsoft sees that and considers opening EU servers. Wouldve been really nice if the second NA server couldve been an EU one.

Wish you alot of fun times guys hope you enjoy the game!

1 hour ago, Guest NotAion Expert said:

Keep dreaming, best they can offer at one point is a server with EU friendly schedule, but high doubts there.

They did that with Lineage 2. They can do so with Aion too.

I'm pretty sure they have a server "on-hold" for tomorrow launch ( same happened with L2 ). Let's hope that the "on-hold" server is based on EU time-zones.

Guest Ariel

I am playing from europe until our own classic server launches and I do not complain about siege times. Even if there are european servers and siege times get adjusted, it never works out for everyone. People work shifts, people have other obligations / hobbies. Personally I would prefer siege times at noon my local time... see? Not gonna happen.

I am looking more forward to rifting and the epic battles at latesran shards.

24 minutes ago, IceAge said:

They did that with Lineage 2. They can do so with Aion too.

I'm pretty sure they have a server "on-hold" for tomorrow launch ( same happened with L2 ). Let's hope that the "on-hold" server is based on EU time-zones.

did they do it with L2 on the start day? or later

3 hours ago, Guest Concerned said:

Hello,

Well the time 20-22pm doesn't even exist at all. 

3 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

There is no way to schedule sieges that work across wildly different time zones. 8 PM utc for example would be 4 PM EDT, which would be 12 PM PDT. North American servers are not going to schedule this sort of thing during a time in which the entire North American continent is still at work or school. I feel for our friends over in Europe and Oceania, I do, but there's nothing to be done unless a Euro server is opened which I don't see NCWest doing anytime soon.

Eventually, they could check the server logs, which times the servers are most active and change it according to it. Without ever considering where the players are. Just see the peak times and changes it accordingly. People will still complain, NC could just, most people are active on those hours.

1 minute ago, Malachyte-KT said:

My guess is 20-22pm is abbreviated military time for 8pm-10pm. For military times after 12 pm noon just subtract 12 from the number and you'll get the PM time.

A 24h clock notation as used in Europe doesn't have AM/PM attached to it since the clock continues after 12:59 into 13:00 till 00:59 ,00:00 is midnight. 

Guest Narmina
2 hours ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

Eventually, they could check the server logs, which times the servers are most active and change it according to it. Without ever considering where the players are. Just see the peak times and changes it accordingly. People will still complain, NC could just, most people are active on those hours.

from eastern europe to australia, there is up to 10 hours difference.
all time will be bad.
Also, just inside USA, east coast to west coast there is 3 hours
Siege time at 8pm virginia = 5pm california... people at work will be happy

Will be hard to get people happy... except if they do 3 different timing, and change fortress in each timing each week...

Ignoring the European issue for a moment (because Gameforge), what NCWest should have done is:

- Create a server that's based in Oceania or SEA, or at least adjust timetables to that zone

- Create a South American server for our Latin American peeps

It would create a boost in revenue and interest in Aion, and it would make bunch of people happy.

2 hours ago, Malachyte-KT said:

So using the 24h clock notation as used in Europe, would you have been able to make a good guess what they meant by 20-22pm?

yeah it's pretty obvious. we use 24h everywhere except watches (12h system) so we're used to both ways of telling time. 

5 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Ignoring the European issue for a moment (because Gameforge), what NCWest should have done is:

- Create a server that's based in Oceania or SEA, or at least adjust timetables to that zone

- Create a South American server for our Latin American peeps

It would create a boost in revenue and interest in Aion, and it would make bunch of people happy.

Oceania also has several timezones

Guest Suniko

Let's hope NCSoft will do the same for AION as for L2 Classic and we can all be happy. 

Day 1 will with 99,99999% start with 10k queues on both Siel and Israphel server so fingers crossed. 

WOlqMMn.png

Archived