Twink Cleric advice: Which manastones should I go at 35?

Guest Twankz

Guest Twankz

I played back in 09 and back then everyone told me to socket Magic Resist on my Cleric so that's the approach I went with now. However, unfortunately, it appears that level 30 MR stones don't exist in this patch / they're bugged and just don't drop. This puts quite a damper on my plan.

I was going to use a full Celestial Chain (LV30) set because the entire set has +MR bonuses on it (A lot of it too) this set coupled with the LV30 +8 manastones (that don't exist, thanks NCsoft) would put me at 1156 MR at lvl 31. That's an insane amount of MR. Now I can't do that so I'm turning to hopefully some really knowledgeable clerics out there that can give me some advice.

• My current gear is:
  • Lv 30 Celestial Set
  • +10 Celestial Warhammer
  • Lv 30 Celestial Shield
  • Accessories are all Concentration

Before any of the anti twink / gank people show up and flame the thread:

I've always been extremely respectful to people leveling and the idea behind my twinking is to only attack those who attack me. Back in 09 every time my friends and I rifted it would force higher levels to come out and deal with us and the fact that we were killing higher levels at 30-35 was pure excitement.

Guest Maravenerea

Hello, my reply won't be helpful technically, but I have been playing for years and always loved twinking. With the exact same principles you have stated. Twinking in this game can be extremely hard but rewarding, nobody is entitled to tell other people how to play. :)

That being said, regarding your set: would HP be a bad option?

I am planning to twink my SM, hopefully I'll see you in game, ally or foe. :) Byeee!

Guest Guest awesome guy

For real who stops at 35 and not 30 or 40.

Anyway yeah the MR Lv30 stones were probably removed for this purpose. Not fair by any means until mages have higher MA

On 6/30/2021 at 12:52 PM, Guest Guest awesome guy said:

For real who stops at 35 and not 30 or 40.

Anyway yeah the MR Lv30 stones were probably removed for this purpose. Not fair by any means until mages have higher MA

Usually its 31 and 40 :) 

31 for the new skills. I actually stopped at 25 twink there and then I will move to 31 and later on 40

On 7/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, Catgirl said:

I've heard the term Twink thrown around quite a lot, what does it mean?

A twink is a character who purposely stays low level and over-gears himself for that level and then go to the enemy map to terrorize levelers that wear white and green gear getting easy kills due to gear/stat difference. When higher level chars come to the rescue the twinks will die but they will not "lose" anything other than some time because if a player is 9+lvls higher than you then you do not get any loss on AP, twinks were notorious for being mad when a high level came to kill them, some even asked in forums to ban high levels from killing twinks. Also most of the times twinks are either archers or assassins because they can use hide to avoid getting killed when possible.

The low level is important because when a twink faces an opponent of the same level range, they usually outgear them and thus win. When they face a much higher level char they will die but lose nothing.

~~~
Twinks themselves constantly advertise their virtue of not attacking levelers and only other twinks but in reality twinks of both factions most likely never meet each other because they both go to the enemy map to have fun. Asmodian twinks are in Elyos areas and Elyos twinks are in Asmodian areas.

Additionally I have met die-hard twinks that were talking on discord and I realized that they had friends of the enemy faction and they were all in the same channel talking about who they killed. Because twinks like each other since they both have the same mentality of killing an easy pray.

Another falacy they pretended to do was that they liked killing much higher level characters. If a much higher level character had white gear they could defo beat them and the best part is if they killed the higher level they got AP, but if they died they didn't lose anything themselves, which again had to do with stat difference. A high lvl char with reasonable gear is untouchable by twinks because of stats again, so the prideful claim "we kill higher levels too" was only because here and there they would find a higher level with green gear, jump on him and then pretend it wasn't about stats but because they are better.

~~
Lastly twinking died when we had the Fast Track server which was a pve-only integrated server which had all the leveling maps. Twinks found nobody in the enemy maps since levelers went to safe mode and the only equal-level pvp they could have is to fight other twinks which is exactly what they claim they currently do but of course no twink wants to fight another twink because now there is no gear advantage which is what they rely on to win their fights, so twinking died with the FT server.

On 7/19/2021 at 6:30 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

A twink is a character who purposely stays low level and over-gears himself for that level and then go to the enemy map to terrorize levelers that wear white and green gear getting easy kills due to gear/stat difference. When higher level chars come to the rescue the twinks will die but they will not "lose" anything other than some time because if a player is 9+lvls higher than you then you do not get any loss on AP, twinks were notorious for being mad when a high level came to kill them, some even asked in forums to ban high levels from killing twinks. Also most of the times twinks are either archers or assassins because they can use hide to avoid getting killed when possible.

The low level is important because when a twink faces an opponent of the same level range, they usually outgear them and thus win. When they face a much higher level char they will die but lose nothing.

~~~
Twinks themselves constantly advertise their virtue of not attacking levelers and only other twinks but in reality twinks of both factions most likely never meet each other because they both go to the enemy map to have fun. Asmodian twinks are in Elyos areas and Elyos twinks are in Asmodian areas.

Additionally I have met die-hard twinks that were talking on discord and I realized that they had friends of the enemy faction and they were all in the same channel talking about who they killed. Because twinks like each other since they both have the same mentality of killing an easy pray.

Another falacy they pretended to do was that they liked killing much higher level characters. If a much higher level character had white gear they could defo beat them and the best part is if they killed the higher level they got AP, but if they died they didn't lose anything themselves, which again had to do with stat difference. A high lvl char with reasonable gear is untouchable by twinks because of stats again, so the prideful claim "we kill higher levels too" was only because here and there they would find a higher level with green gear, jump on him and then pretend it wasn't about stats but because they are better.

~~
Lastly twinking died when we had the Fast Track server which was a pve-only integrated server which had all the leveling maps. Twinks found nobody in the enemy maps since levelers went to safe mode and the only equal-level pvp they could have is to fight other twinks which is exactly what they claim they currently do but of course no twink wants to fight another twink because now there is no gear advantage which is what they rely on to win their fights, so twinking died with the FT server.

wow..thats a lot of incorrect information mixed with a little truth. This explanation is from someone that doesnt really understand twinking, and explained it with based on his personal feelings.

Twinks are players that do stay lower level and utilize the best gear they can get at lower level. They are people who like the pvp side of the game and build a low level pvp character. I like both so I have my PVE Characters and I have a couple of twinks. This way I can jump in with friends and run quest or dungeons or whatever we want to do. I can also log into my twink and do some pvp. 

His explanation is pretty far fetched. When I go pvp I dont know who is wearing what gear, so to say twinks go after people in white gear is just idiotic and assumptive. I look at rank first and the better the rank, the more ap, and that would be my first choice. Not to many rank 5's running around in white gear. My guess is he has just been ganked a few times and butt hurt about it.  This is a pvpve game, I have been ganked and I have ganked, it is part of the game. 

If you remember the massive population drop and server merge right after fast track was created. It didnt kill twinking, most twinks at that point were found in the abyss. NC Soft just made it a point to end low level pvp and that lead to the end of Aion.    

16 minutes ago, UnforgivingOG said:

wow..thats a lot of incorrect information mixed with a little truth. This explanation is from someone that doesnt really understand twinking, and explained it with based on his personal feelings.

Twinks are players that do stay lower level and utilize the best gear they can get at lower level. They are people who like the pvp side of the game and build a low level pvp character. I like both so I have my PVE Characters and I have a couple of twinks. This way I can jump in with friends and run quest or dungeons or whatever we want to do. I can also log into my twink and do some pvp. 

His explanation is pretty far fetched. When I go pvp I dont know who is wearing what gear, so to say twinks go after people in white gear is just idiotic and assumptive. I look at rank first and the better the rank, the more ap, and that would be my first choice. Not to many rank 5's running around in white gear. My guess is he has just been ganked a few times and butt hurt about it.  This is a pvpve game, I have been ganked and I have ganked, it is part of the game. 

If you remember the massive population drop and server merge right after fast track was created. It didnt kill twinking, most twinks at that point were found in the abyss. NC Soft just made it a point to end low level pvp and that lead to the end of Aion.    

That was a very good try of an Ad Hominem attack about me, you already wanted to imply I was part of the victims because of how vividly I painted twinks. But you got it all wrong about me, I was the maxed level and the geared char that came to the rescue (if you read all the post) in the old aion. In my free time I was constantly in lower maps because LFG was full of levelers asking for help that a twink is killing them. Then twinks would get mad that a high level was ruining their "fun".

You cannot find twinks in the enemy map, elyos twinks go to asmodian maps and asmodian twinks go to elyos maps. But if you do stay in your map then all power to you. If you go to an enemy map, you go to find levelers.

Lastly I remember it vividly when they implemented FT, every person was happy except twinks. They kept coming to forums whining about FT and how it killed twinking. You might have not been one of them but that is true in general.

In present Classic Aion twinking might be closer to what you explained because leveling is much faster than the old aion so most levelers won't have enough time to be ganged by twinks but lfg still has people asking for help for twinks quite often.

On 7/4/2021 at 6:31 AM, Catgirl said:

Well, as the other two are currently arguing about, it's basically a character who is kept low, but is decked out in the best Abyss PvP gear they can get. In the old game, they were considered dishonorable because they'd farm undergeared players repeatedly for AP, giving them a name for chasing off new players. It is what it is and no excuses should be made. However, attempting to curb this behavior arguably led to Retail's downfall.

Now that said, not every person camping the other faction's area is a twink. There are a variety of "spy" (your own faction) and "neutral" (shugo and elim) quests that a player can do in the other faction's territory. So if you find yourself getting repeatedly destroyed by the same player in your own faction's area and it seems like nobody's able or willing to send them packing, take a break and go to your faction's pure PVE zone, or go rifting yourself to let off some stress. In the end, I think many of us would rather Aion stick to what it currently is rather than be gutted again.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:50 PM, Alvie said:

"Twinking is a type of behavior in role-playing games which involves deceiving other players about one's playing abilities or achievements in the game"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking

Its doesnt have anything with deceiving other players at all. Maybe demonstrating their abilities and achievements in the game, it takes a lot to twink a character (or it used too, this version makes it much easier) 

I have a level 16 twink as well and use him to help my lower level teammates through quest, farm elites, and campaigns. It has 0 to do with deception. 

On 7/24/2021 at 5:54 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

That was a very good try of an Ad Hominem attack about me, you already wanted to imply I was part of the victims because of how vividly I painted twinks. But you got it all wrong about me, I was the maxed level and the geared char that came to the rescue (if you read all the post) in the old aion. In my free time I was constantly in lower maps because LFG was full of levelers asking for help that a twink is killing them. Then twinks would get mad that a high level was ruining their "fun".

You cannot find twinks in the enemy map, elyos twinks go to asmodian maps and asmodian twinks go to elyos maps. But if you do stay in your map then all power to you. If you go to an enemy map, you go to find levelers.

Lastly I remember it vividly when they implemented FT, every person was happy except twinks. They kept coming to forums whining about FT and how it killed twinking. You might have not been one of them but that is true in general.

In present Classic Aion twinking might be closer to what you explained because leveling is much faster than the old aion so most levelers won't have enough time to be ganged by twinks but lfg still has people asking for help for twinks quite often.

It wasnt an attack, it was pointing out incorrect information about what a twink is. You used an emotional response and described your feelings about what a twink is. 

I didnt attack you, you just made an incorrect response and I pointed out a few things. Yes some twinks got upset I am sure when high levels killed them, but most like me, do not. It saved my AP many times as my rank got higher. Fighting the higher levels or evading them was part of the fun for twinks. I have killed plenty of higher levels on my twink. 

I use my twink on my own side all the time chasing elyos twinks. I usually find several other Asmos twinks running with me looking for the elyos twinks, not sure what server you are on, but every server I have been on it is always that way. 

Twinks are not always about pvp either. I have a level 16 twink I use to help our new lower level legion members farm elites.  That 16 Templar uses +10 Iron coin gear  stacked with Block and HP. Makes a great twink tank at lower level. 

Yes when FT hit in everyone was very happy and it should by the server mergers that followed and the loss of player base. I lasted through the down sizing FT caused and just went to the Abyss. 

Yes I see it all the time and when I see it, me and a few others grab our twinks and go hunting for them. Yes the faster leveling has hurt the games population, many are not coming back just for that reason, it is one of the reasons they left, they enjoyed the PVE content and questing and the story line, but with fast leveling it makes all of the quests pointless. Also in this version you get everything handed to you, dont really need to farm much either. Then you have the free bot account killing the economy. Experienced players can solo every campaign in Ishlagan, Altgard, Most of Moriems and Bels, Rashanta is much easier solo  now as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, Catgirl said:

Back in diablo II days a twink was a character that you could full gear from level 1.  The best items in the game had no level restrictions for the first few years.  In Aion it just means to max out the gear at a lower level.

Twinking to me is basically equipping a  lower level character  with advantages that most players at that lower level wouldn't be able to obtain. You usually get to twink a character by farming on a higher level character, or buying and selling candy/RMT/etc. For example, a non-twink level 25 usually has a combination of whites, greens and blues, maybe a gold. A twink 25 is one that has all gold gear, socketed, and possibly enchanted. Think of it as being your own sugar mama/daddy; making your low level character the best it can possibly be at that level, and then keeping it there to reap that benefit.

• 2 weeks later...

Why full MR? I am a L40 Twink Cleric. I get the idea of full MR but at L40 you get 1 instant heal and a hot and 0 casting speed, unless scrolls. So a Ranger or a Sin open up on you with 3.5k hp.... you are dead without needing to be cc'd. I recommend Block 25s in your shield and mace. Full Dolans +10 - 15 (aside from boots and gloves). you can find full 5 slot pretty easy. And stuff it full of HP. Dolans has lots of MB so it is nice to have and mace extends.  Get some attack speed in your gloves and staff to help with animation speed. Put MB or MA in your staff and switch situationally. This will make you more well rounded and still viable for PVE. Well its what I am doing and if anyone out there has better ideas, please share. 

On 7/25/2021 at 7:39 AM, UnforgivingOG said:

The OP actually summed up Twinks perfectly and the abyss died a very rapid death even in the old aion.Rank 5 is not that hard to get with a few campaign quests and the kills that might come with it,now if you start saying rank 3 and above then maybe but 5 and under is not high.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:11 PM, Alvie said:

How much Magic Accuracy do you need at L35 to be able to hit a L50 without resist...resist..resist ?

your level - opponent level: additional resist chance (in addition to the regular MR-MA/10 (%) resist rates)

• -5: 10%
  • -6: 20%
  • -7: 30%
  • -8: 40%
  • -9: 50%
  • -10: 60%
  • -11: 70%
  • -12: 80%
  • -13: 90% (resist rate cap)

This apply to both PvE and PvP - if your opponent is completely naked and is much higher level than you, then the above list is the resist rates.

Physical attacks don't have hit rate penalty against high level targets

Archived