To much expensive for foreigners

Abu

Guys, i want to play the game. But $ 15 is to much expensive for a lot of ppl around the world.

I'm a casual player, and lose  a lot of time during the week. And $5 for 3 days is a joke.

Plz, make it cheaper or make do not count time while offilne.

There needs to be conversion done like every other MMO, where it's $15usd but converted to that value in your currency.

For this community to thrive...we need to feel like we're not being taking advantage of. Give us value and a sense of gratitude NCwest.

We were happy and excited to see Aion coming back in classic form. We shouldn't feel slighted or like your attempting to reach into our pockets every chance you can without providing proper value. If that continues it will mostly be only a few diehards left.

But the cost of running the servers is based on USA's cost of life. If they made the game cheaper they would have to bring revenue another way and this is why retail is p2w exclusive.

Also if they made it cheaper for people in SA then people would log via a vpn to pretend they are from there to take advantage of this feature.

16 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But the cost of running the servers is based on USA's cost of life. If they made the game cheaper they would have to bring revenue another way and this is why retail is p2w exclusive.

Also if they made it cheaper for people in SA then people would log via a vpn to pretend they are from there to take advantage of this feature.

And yet this is advertised as a GLOBAL release, where the company didn't even do the bare minimum to provide a decent service to the GLOBAL audience that they are advertising to and expecting them to pay the same money for an inferior performing product based on your location. And when the GLOBAL audience even decides to pay extra for a ping reducing service to get that level of services that should be expected from a GLOBAL release, they get banned.

So nah, you can't have it both ways, expect everyone to pay equally, but then cop out saying that its your location that its the problem. So its not really a GLOBAL release then is it, when you have only one server location that isn't even optimal for the residents of that same country that you claim to be based on.

Basically, everyone should pay equally but should not expect the same level of service, that is what you are defending, remember they chose to make this a GLOBAL release in order to maximize their profits, without a shred of intent to provide comparable service to everyone or they would have different region servers if so on their GLOBAL release, just collect the same money and then ignore any issues.

But sure, keep defending the company that screws you EVERY SINGLE OCCASION they get.

7 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

And yet this is advertised as a GLOBAL release, where the company didn't even do the bare minimum to provide a decent service to the GLOBAL audience that they are advertising to and expecting them to pay the same money for an inferior performing product based on your location. And when the GLOBAL audience even decides to pay extra for a ping reducing service to get that level of services that should be expected from a GLOBAL release, they get banned.

So nah, you can't have it both ways, expect everyone to pay equally, but then cop out saying that its your location that its the problem. So its not really a GLOBAL release then is it, when you have only one server location that isn't even optimal for the residents of that same country that you claim to be based on.

Basically, everyone should pay equally but should not expect the same level of service, that is what you are defending, remember they chose to make this a GLOBAL release in order to maximize their profits, without a shred of intent to provide comparable service to everyone or they would have different region servers if so on their GLOBAL release, just collect the same money and then ignore any issues.

But sure, keep defending the company that screws you EVERY SINGLE OCCASION they get.

The only un-global thing about classic is that it is blocking IPs from Russia and many ex-USSR countries in Europe (and some others in middle east I think).

Channel brand is also global and one bag can cost up to 10.000$... just because you and I cannot afford it doesn't make it less global than what it is.

3 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The only un-global thing about classic is that it is blocking IPs from Russia and many ex-USSR countries in Europe (and some others in middle east I think).

Channel brand is also global and one bag can cost up to 10.000$... just because you and I cannot afford it doesn't make it less global than what it is.

Uh, you are comparing apples to oranges now, we are talking services and the quality that you are getting for the asking money. Channel brand is the same price but you are getting the same product, that should be really obvious but i guess it isn't. The global release means that the level of the service should be comparable everywhere they are offering it if the price is the same, but it isn't, a lot of people can't even attend sieges, and yet they are expected to pay the same?

I'm not sure how much more i can break it down for you, without starting to patronize you.

5 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

Uh, you are comparing apples to oranges now, we are talking services and the quality that you are getting for the asking money. Channel brand is the same price but you are getting the same product, that should be really obvious but i guess it isn't. The global release means that the level of the service should be comparable everywhere they are offering it if the price is the same, but it isn't, a lot of people can't even attend sieges, and yet they are expected to pay the same?

I'm not sure how much more i can break it down for you, without starting to patronize you.

o.O no you cannot break it down because it is still available to you, the fact you cannot afford it doesn't make it less global. There are plenty of SA people playing Classic because apparently they can afford it.

Don't blame NCWest that is based in USA and bases its prices in USA cost of service, blame your own politicians for making your country poor and you cannot afford international services.

People cannot do sieges because of time difference, the whole "globe" is a whole 24 hours, how can they please everyone?

21 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Russia in Eastern Europe and Western Asia. 

9 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

o.O no you cannot break it down because it is still available to you, the fact you cannot afford it doesn't make it less global. There are plenty of SA people playing it because apparently they can afford it.

Don't blame NCWest that is based in USA and bases its prices in USA cost of service, blame your own politicians for making your country poor and you cannot afford international services.

People cannot do sieges because of time difference, the whole "globe" is a whole 24 hours, how can they please everyone?

So you completely missed the point i was making and keep going about affording it. So you didn't even bother reading what i wrote, you're just spewing the same thing over and over.

ITS THE SAME PRICE FOR EVERYONE, BUT NOT THE SAME QUALITY FOR EVERYONE. AND THAT IS BY CHOICE, THEY COULD OF HAD DIFFERENT REGION SERVERS BUT THEY DIDNT WANT THE EXTRA EXPENSES AFFILIATED WITH THAT, YET THEY ARE COLLECTING THE SAME MONEY FOR AN INFERIOR SERVICE. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICIANS, IT HAS TO DO WITH GREED.

PEOPLE CANNOT DO SIEGES, BECAUSE WHEN THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICE IS NOT THE SAME FOR THE SAME MONEY THEY ARE ASKING, THEY GET DISCONNECTED. THEY CAN PLEASE EVERYONE BY MAKING THEIR GLOBAL RELEASE TRULLY GLOBAL AND HAVE SERVERS ACROSS THE WORLD, BUT ITS EASIER TO JUST COLLECT MONEY AND NOT CARE AS YOU HAVE NOTICED BY MOST ISSUES ALREADY GETTING IGNORED, NOW AFTER LAUNCH WHEN GOT THEIR MONEY.

5 minutes ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

Russia in Eastern Europe and Western Asia. 

Russia is like 10% in Europe and 90% in northern Asia (not western Asia) As a matter of fact it is the most west and most east part of Asia too. They also block countries that are still in the Russian sphere of influence.
ru-05.png

2 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

So you completely missed the point i was making and keep going about affording it. So you didn't even bother reading what i wrote, you're just spewing the same thing over and over.

ITS THE SAME PRICE FOR EVERYONE, BUT NOT THE SAME QUALITY FOR EVERYONE. AND THAT IS BY CHOICE, THEY COULD OF HAD DIFFERENT REGION SERVERS BUT THEY DIDNT WANT THE EXTRA EXPENSES AFFILIATED WITH THAT, YET THEY ARE COLLECTING THE SAME MONEY FOR AN INFERIOR SERVICE. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICIANS, IT HAS TO DO WITH GREED.

PEOPLE CANNOT DO SIEGES, BECAUSE WHEN THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICE IS NOT THE SAME FOR THE SAME MONEY THEY ARE ASKING THEY GET DISCONNECTED. THEY CAN PLEASE EVERYONE BY MAKING THEIR GLOBAL RELEASE TRULLY GLOBAL AND HAVE SERVERS ACROSS THE WORLD, BUT ITS EASIER TO JUST COLLECT MONEY AND NOT CARE.

IT IS THE SAME... THE  S A M E for everyone, the difference is someone makes 15$ per hour and someone else 15$ per month!

The time zone is already listed in the game, when you pay for it you already know the time zone. They only have 2 servers and they have identical zones. I know they should have had 3 servers one for every 8-hour zone but they didn't. That is a totally different thing.

They cannot have servers outside USA because they do not have the rights for that. They themselves sold the rights in EU to GD anf in Russia to a russian NC

6 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

o.O no you cannot break it down because it is still available to you, the fact you cannot afford it doesn't make it less global. There are plenty of SA people playing Classic because apparently they can afford it.

The price range for USA and Western Europe was actually always the same for MMORPG games that are subscription based, $15.- is about the same as €13.- actually more like €12.- currently cause the $/€ exchange rates, so US based games are actually cheaper now for EU players in EU member states that use the €, than playing EU based games in € since those are €13.- a month

1 minute ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

The price range for USA and Western Europe was actually always the same for MMORPG games that are subscription based, $15.- is about the same as €13.- actually more like €12.- currently cause the $/€ exchange rates, so US based games are actually cheaper now for EU players in EU member states that use the €, than playing EU based games in € since those are €13.- a month

I know I am European. GF has slightly cheaper prices because they also target the whole EU not just the countries the servers are located. Their gold pack for example costs only 5€ or close to 6$

3 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Russia is like 10% in Europe and 90% in northern Asia (not western Asia) As a matter of fact it is the most west and most east part of Asia too. They also block countries that are still in the Russian sphere of influence.
ru-05.png

IT IS THE SAME... THE  S A M E for everyone, the difference is someone makes 15$ per hour and someone else 15$ per month!

The time zone is already listed in the game, when you pay for it you already know the time zone. They only have 2 servers and they have identical zones. I know they should have had 3 servers one for every 8-hour zone but they didn't. That is a totally different thing.

They cannot have servers outside USA because they do not have the rights for that. They themselves sold the rights in EU to GD anf in Russia to a russian NC

Well it's still in both Europe and Asia, how many percentage doesn't matter at all. 

Just now, Arhangelos-KT said:

I know I am European. GF has slightly cheaper prices because they also target the whole EU not just the countries the servers are located. Their gold pack for example costs only 5€ or close to 6$

I didn't mean Game forge at all, normal publishers like NC itself, charged €13.- a month when Aion was P2P in EU, Activision-Blizzard charges €13.- a month, Square-Enix charges €13.- a month, so do other normal publishers, if you round it up after €/$ exchange rates it's the same price for EU and US in the end

6 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

PEOPLE CANNOT DO SIEGES, BECAUSE WHEN THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICE IS NOT THE SAME FOR THE SAME MONEY THEY ARE ASKING, THEY GET DISCONNECTED. THEY CAN PLEASE EVERYONE BY MAKING THEIR GLOBAL RELEASE TRULLY GLOBAL AND HAVE SERVERS ACROSS THE WORLD, BUT ITS EASIER TO JUST COLLECT MONEY AND NOT CARE AS YOU HAVE NOTICED BY MOST ISSUES ALREADY GETTING IGNORED, NOW AFTER LAUNCH WHEN GOT THEIR MONEY.

So what I am reading is that you have a problem that the service is 'inferior' because of where you live.  That, my friend is not an NC Soft problem.  

I believe it was stated and put out where the servers were going to be and the time of the sieges.  I fail to see why you want everything catered to you and your wants.  You have the same access to everything in game that a person in NA has.  You not being able to attend or do things cause of a time zone difference is not NC Soft's problem and it does not make it inferior service. 

You can complain about how servers are only in NA.  But I'm willing to bet that they (NCSOFT) already ran the numbers and found the most cost effective way to launch classic.

As to pricing, Ark said it best.  The price is determined from the location and the overhead where things are.  If they would drop it in a certain region, damn right I am getting my VPN set to that region to pay less. 

20 minutes ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

Well it's still in both Europe and Asia, how many percentage doesn't matter at all. 

I didn't mean Game forge at all, normal publishers like NC itself, charged €13.- a month when Aion was P2P in EU, Activision-Blizzard charges €13.- a month, Square-Enix charges €13.- a month, so do other normal publishers, if you round it up after €/$ exchange rates it's the same price for EU and US in the end

Yes, I said they block Russia and some European countries that are ex-USSR. I didn't name Russia "European". Russia is Russia, and Americans love to hate it and block it because Facebook memes changed the American elections or something.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yes, I said they block Russia and some European countries that are ex-USSR. I didn't name Russia "European". Russia is Russia, and Americans love to hate it and block it because Facebook memes changed the American elections or something.

Russia was a blocked country way before any recent events that might have occurred. Partly due to their own internet laws, much like how China has their own servers for most MMOs. If they had freedom of speech and information laws more closer to that of the majority of the globe, I'm sure they wouldn't be blocked. 

58 minutes ago, Arazith said:

Russia was a blocked country way before any recent events that might have occurred. Partly due to their own internet laws, much like how China has their own servers for most MMOs. If they had freedom of speech and information laws more closer to that of the majority of the globe, I'm sure they wouldn't be blocked. 

I agree on all of the comment, but this russian thing gets totally irrelevant to the subject. I only mentioned russia because someone said Aion NA classic is not a global release because of the time zone and the price.

DOubt it that they researched where the game should have been launched from... They saw an opportunity of ppl asking for a classic server. They dont even believe in their own game or else there would not be a cash shop. Let alone running the numbers to see where the game (server) should be launched. They saw where it would be the cheapest to gain the most amount of money in the shortest time as possible. Hence the location chosen. They dont give a rats ass to any other players. All they care is to cash up in the shortest time as possible. It is sad.

31 minutes ago, Massan said:

DOubt it that they researched where the game should have been launched from... They saw an opportunity of ppl asking for a classic server. They dont even believe in their own game or else there would not be a cash shop. Let alone running the numbers to see where the game (server) should be launched. They saw where it would be the cheapest to gain the most amount of money in the shortest time as possible. Hence the location chosen. They dont give a rats ass to any other players. All they care is to cash up in the shortest time as possible. It is sad.

The server is actually in a good position to reach a large portion of the population of the world (that don't already have a server like China, S. Korea, and Japan do). The areas that have terrible ping due to distance aren't really that populated, or don't have many households with internet access. Australia for example, just doesn't have the population that the US and EU do. Many parts of the EU are seeing pings as low (or lower) than that of the West coast of the US. As far as South America goes, most of the population is in the northern parts (aside from Brazil), are fairly close to the server location. 

1 hour ago, Massan said:

TBH, the choice of Virginia to make the most money is just crazy.  Why not in Mexico or someplace cheaper with labor?

3 hours ago, Chump-DN said:

TBH, the choice of Virginia to make the most money is just crazy.  Why not in Mexico or someplace cheaper with labor?

I bet the AWS data center in Mexico charges NCsoft a similar price to the one in Virginia, little to gain there, and a lot to loose adapting to a different legal system.

20 hours ago, Arazith-IS said:

The server is actually in a good position to reach a large portion of the population of the world (that don't already have a server like China, S. Korea, and Japan do). The areas that have terrible ping due to distance aren't really that populated, or don't have many households with internet access. Australia for example, just doesn't have the population that the US and EU do. Many parts of the EU are seeing pings as low (or lower) than that of the West coast of the US. As far as South America goes, most of the population is in the northern parts (aside from Brazil), are fairly close to the server location. 

In the EU it depends on where you are within the EU, some EU member states have high quality internet and others are like meh. Fiber internet doesn't mean it's great, the equipment used by the ISP or network provider also has to have some quality, in some cases the ISP and Network provider are the same company, in other cases, every ISP rents space on the fiber line. 

Archived