Forums

Everyone should read this regarding how NCSOFT works.

Chimcu

I will try to keep it as short as possible.

Yesterday before the emergency maintenance, I saw the deva pass premium rewards once you unlocked lvl 45 with items a,b,c, etc...I was like the items seem good, so I decided to purchase $250 worth of Quna. I unlocked the lvl 45 deva premium pass for total of 5.5k Quna ( which around $120).  After I unlocked the premium pass, for some reason server was lag or bugged I could not claim the items, even though they took my Quna.  Few hours later, they had an emergency maintenance.  I logged in after maintenance to claim my rewards, I was surprised the rewards were changed, the reward items were d,e,f.....not a,b,c  like they offered me before maintenance. So I summited the ticket demand the rewards that they offered me and the one I agreed to purchased before the maintenance nor refund.  I got replied from the Devs is that once deva pass are purchased they can't not refund.  Ok totally understood, but where are my items that you offered selling it to me? Its like they offered to sell me Iphone,  I paid for the Iphone then  they shipped me the black/white Nokia?? I got $250 to spend so money not an issue but I felt I was scammed by NCsoft.  So anyone before you make a quna purchase you might want to reconsider.  I like AION thats why I came back after 11 years but dam this is not right! Thank you for reading!

1 hour ago, Arazith-IS said:

The rewards you saw were for the first month, they forgot to actually change them for the second season which started yesterday. The hotfix was specifically to fix that, and was communicated on the forums.

yea but this was their mistake not ours, I'm one of those who purchased the pass before they made an announcement it was the wrong stuff. Why should we be held accountable for their mistakes ? At least refund the Qunah!! Like OP said I also feel like I've been scammed. I love aion too but this is a terrible experience for sure. 

21 minutes ago, 17s1AF4 said:

yea but this was their mistake not ours, I'm one of those who purchased the pass before they made an announcement it was the wrong stuff. Why should we be held accountable for their mistakes ? At least refund the Qunah!! Like OP said I also feel like I've been scammed. I love aion too but this is a terrible experience for sure. 

Unless he bought it right after maintenance, it was likely bought after the announcement.

16 minutes ago, Arazith-IS said:

Unless he bought it right after maintenance, it was likely bought after the announcement.

I bought premium deva pass  way before the "emergency maintenance"  But regardless, I expect them to return the Quna atleast! Since they shipped me the wrong items? Cant expect me to get a Nokia when I purchased for an Iphone.

1 minute ago, Chimcu said:

I bought premium deva pass  way before the "emergency maintenance"  But regardless, I expect them to return the Quna atleast! Since they shipped me the wrong items? Cant expect me to get a Nokia when I purchased for an Iphone.

I wasn't talking about the emergency maintenance, but the normal downtime maintenance that was scheduled to end 10:15am PT. There is a thread created on this forum that NCsoft was aware of the Daeva pass not showing the correct rewards at 11:07 am PT with a twitter post linking to the same thread. 

I agree that it sucks that there was a mistake, but maybe pay more attention when you are buying things and not blindly swipe the CC. 

11 minutes ago, Arazith-IS said:

I wasn't talking about the emergency maintenance, but the normal downtime maintenance that was scheduled to end 10:15am PT. There is a thread created on this forum that NCsoft was aware of the Daeva pass not showing the correct rewards at 11:07 am PT with a twitter post linking to the same thread. 

I agree that it sucks that there was a mistake, but maybe pay more attention when you are buying things and not blindly swipe the CC. 

So they aware of the issues, instead of disable deava pass in game, yet they still let you purchase it? and I don't go on forum like every 5 mins to check if there any changes bro......Obviously they made a mistake, game is screwed up and  they expect us to held accountable for  their mistakes? I understand you're not in my shoes so you don't care but damn you're backing up Ncsoft for their mistakes. Which I dont get it.

Just now, Chimcu said:

So they aware of the issues, instead of disable deava pass in game, yet they still let you purchase it? and I don't go on forum like every 5 mins to check if there any changes bro......Obviously they made a mistake, game is screwed up and  they expect us to held accountable for  their mistakes? I understand you're not in my shoes so you don't care but damn you're backing up Ncsoft for their mistakes. Which I dont get it.

No I'm not really defending NCsoft, just more calling you out for being uninformed or impulsive. The rewards being the same as the month before should have been a huge red flag...checking the forums after a maintenance should be normal procedure to see what got broken in a patch. This goes for every game, not just NCsoft. Patches break stuff. I agree that they should have disabled, but I suspect they wanted players to at least be able to get credit for completing the quests rather than turning the whole thing off. Things take a while to fix, or even to turn off a specific feature that might not even have a simple on/off switch. 

If anyone was curious what allows companies to get away with disrespecting their playerbase, it's the nuthuggers that will come to the forums and write a blog defending them even when they're clearly in the wrong.

Apparently they denied my refund request as well, I bought it Right after the maintenance ended even before the thread was created. I even asked twitter a day before the maintenance if the season 2 pass will be implemented after the maintenance and they said "YES". 

I logged in right after the maintenance ended and saw the rewards, I assumed they were the season 2 pass since no information was released, since I decided to buy the season 2 pass if they included coins weeks before it arrived, I was so sure of the purchase so I bought it instantly. 

Turns out they made a mistake and I'm supposed to suck it up and accept it. How does that make any sense?

I hope this company decides to either refund the qunah or freaking compromise and create a pass that satisfies both who wanted the previous pass rewards and to those who complained why they contained the same thing.

Have some decency. 

If anyone purchased the daeva pass before the items changed then they should refund them the Quna so they can use it elsewhere. They did make a mistake obviously and they should have resolved it better if they want the people they scammed to ever spend a dime on their game.

Now someone explain to me how this daeva pass works, you buy it and somehow you don't get the items until you claim them or something and people bought it and didn't bother getting them until they changed? I have never purchased it and never will obviously, it is just so many people purchased it and then they saw the items changed or something.

7 hours ago, Wence said:

If anyone was curious what allows companies to get away with disrespecting their playerbase, it's the nuthuggers that will come to the forums and write a blog defending them even when they're clearly in the wrong.

That is a common issue with the Aion community. People will often defend NCsoft even if they are in the wrong. Fairly often, they DO deserve to be defended as people can be a bit ridiculous sometimes. However, in times like this, they are not in the right. If someone purchased the Daeva Pass BEFORE it was announced that it was wrong (which NCsoft can easily verify with their log times), then they should be eligible to receive their Pass refunded/turned back into Quna in their account.

Although tbh, it's not just in Aion. In real life, you see so much blind support these days. People will never, ever admit that someone they support might have made a mistake about something. People have an all or nothing mindset. It's okay to admit that someone might be wrong about something; you don't have to support every single decision they make. I'm wrong all the time. Does that make me a bad person? No. Just human. NCsoft is a company made up of humans, too. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Now someone explain to me how this daeva pass works, you buy it and somehow you don't get the items until you claim them or something and people bought it and didn't bother getting them until they changed?

You can see what the items are BEFORE  you purchase it. However, in this case, the items that were shown were not the correct items. So people bought the Pass based upon what they saw, but NCsoft had the wrong items showing. NCsoft is completely at fault despite people victim-blaming the players.

As mentioned above, if I pay someone for a listing that shows an iPhone, but they send me a different type of phone, then that is their fault, not mine.

8 hours ago, Arazith-IS said:

No I'm not really defending NCsoft, just more calling you out for being uninformed or impulsive. The rewards being the same as the month before should have been a huge red flag...checking the forums after a maintenance should be normal procedure to see what got broken in a patch. This goes for every game, not just NCsoft. Patches break stuff. I agree that they should have disabled, but I suspect they wanted players to at least be able to get credit for completing the quests rather than turning the whole thing off. Things take a while to fix, or even to turn off a specific feature that might not even have a simple on/off switch. 

Yet ur still defending them? They sold us the wrong stuffs? The least human-manor-common-sense they should do is "apologizes" to us and refund us the Quna. If this were taken to plaintiff you know I will get my Quna back right? For another example, you go to dealership, dealership know car have issues, obviously you as buyer wouldn't know and you bought the car? Then later, after you purchased you found out car is fked up but dealer wont let you return it?  Somehow you 're still defending them? Either you're hating us as "p2w" type while you should be thanking us "p2w" type.  We're providing the server income so they can stay alive to let you play for free. 

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

You can see what the items are BEFORE  you purchase it. However, in this case, the items that were shown were not the correct items. So people bought the Pass based upon what they saw, but NCsoft had the wrong items showing. NCsoft is completely at fault despite people victim-blaming the players.

As mentioned above, if I pay someone for a listing that shows an iPhone, but they send me a different type of phone, then that is their fault, not mine.

So sorry because it still makes little sense, when they purchased the Daeva Pass with the good items shown... didn't the items get into their inventory or something? Or do you buy it but still need to unlock it somehow like the normal one? I am asking because I would never spend a dime on the game that is already decided to die from the publisher itself.

16 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So sorry because it still makes little sense, when they purchased the Daeva Pass with the good items shown... didn't the items get into their inventory or something? Or do you buy it but still need to unlock it somehow like the normal one?

Correct.

Here is how it works:

1. Open the Daeva Pass tab and it shows you all of the rewards from start to finish, including the Premium ($30) rewards. You can decide at this point if it's worth buying.

2. Once you unlock that level (both free and Premium), you must click Receive All in order to actually have the rewards for that level show up in your inventory.

Now that is how it is supposed to work. Here is what actually happened yesterday for those of us who purchased it right after daily reset:

1. Purchased the Premium pass.

2. Completed the first couple levels (easy to do in half an hour of gameplay).

3. Clicked Receive All, but nothing showed up in our inventories.

4. It was clear at that time that it was broken, but there was NOTHING said that the rewards were wrong. Kibbelz simply stated that it was being looked into. We did NOT know at that early time that the rewards were incorrect. Again, we purchased based upon what we saw. We just assumed that it being broken meant that the rewards weren't being delivered, but that they would later. That would be fine -- IF they were the rewards being shown. However, they were not. See below #5.

5. Later on, a few hours I believe, Kibbelz stated that the rewards being shown were actually incorrect.

As you can see, NCsoft is at fault here. Honestly, I'm not bothered by it, so it doesn't really affect me. But I'm trying to see it from the viewpoint of those who purchased based upon the fact that they wanted coins or whatever the case may be. However, they didn't get those items. They deserve to at least have the Quna go back into their inventory to spend on something else. NCsoft isn't losing money this way, and the player can buy something else they want.

8 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

As you can see, NCsoft is at fault here. Honestly, I'm not bothered by it, so it doesn't really affect me. But I'm trying to see it from the viewpoint of those who purchased based upon the fact that they wanted coins or whatever the case may be. However, they didn't get those items. They deserve to at least have the Quna go back into their inventory to spend on something else. NCsoft isn't losing money this way, and the player can buy something else they want.

OK it all makes sense now, I thought you purchased the daeva pas meant that you simply got all the rewards instantly.

And yes I am not even paying for subscription anymore so it defo doesn't affect me the least but there is way we are not teaming with the people that got affected since it is not fair. we should all support each other when unfair things happen otherwise when something wrong happens that affects only me, I would want people to have common sense and support me too.

They made the wrong rewards, they need to take responsibility. The least they can do is refund the quna spent on it and put them back to the account for future usage and remove the ability to take that daeva pass rewards for this season.

9 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

5. Later on, a few hours I believe, Kibbelz stated that the rewards being shown were actually incorrect.

Did a check to make sure I'm being factual. The issue wasn't acknowledged until 1.5 hours after reset, and even then, it wasn't known that the rewards were wrong. The rewards were not noted as being wrong by Kibbelz until 3 hours after reset.

Initial notice that there is a known issue; no note about rewards being wrong:

On 7/21/2021 at 11:29 AM, Kibbelz said:

We're investigating this. Please be sure to check mail as that is where rewards are supposed to be delivered (not to inventory) to help identify if this is an issue for some users or all.

Clarification that rewards were being shown incorrectly:

250$ for Aion Classic ...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

..and no! I don't care : I do whatever I want with mo money man!!!!!!!!

As long as there will be people like you, we will never have good games not ruined by P2W.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:15 PM, Chimcu said:

I will try to keep it as short as possible.

Yesterday before the emergency maintenance, I saw the deva pass premium rewards once you unlocked lvl 45 with items a,b,c, etc...I was like the items seem good, so I decided to purchase $250 worth of Quna. I unlocked the lvl 45 deva premium pass for total of 5.5k Quna ( which around $120).  After I unlocked the premium pass, for some reason server was lag or bugged I could not claim the items, even though they took my Quna.  Few hours later, they had an emergency maintenance.  I logged in after maintenance to claim my rewards, I was surprised the rewards were changed, the reward items were d,e,f.....not a,b,c  like they offered me before maintenance. So I summited the ticket demand the rewards that they offered me and the one I agreed to purchased before the maintenance nor refund.  I got replied from the Devs is that once deva pass are purchased they can't not refund.  Ok totally understood, but where are my items that you offered selling it to me? Its like they offered to sell me Iphone,  I paid for the Iphone then  they shipped me the black/white Nokia?? I got $250 to spend so money not an issue but I felt I was scammed by NCsoft.  So anyone before you make a quna purchase you might want to reconsider.  I like AION thats why I came back after 11 years but dam this is not right! Thank you for reading!

On 7/23/2021 at 1:17 AM, 17s1AF4 said:

Both of you are in the right you purchased items based on the advertising. This is NcSoft's fault. Now I hope you understand how much of a greedy garbage company they have become and would recommend doing a charge back and get banned give up this crap game and find something better to spend your time on otherwise a likewise scenario such as what happened is just gonna happen again and again and NcSoft don't care once they get your $$. This game is a short term cash grab and a simple grift to collect as much cash as they can cause they know Aion 2 is eventually gonna replace it and both Aion and Aion classic don't have much life left.

Archived