NCSoft can still redeem itself before everyone quits again

Masterobiwon

I think it's beyond saving at this point. My girlfriend and I were praying for classic for years and what we ended up getting was terrible. We both regret pre-ordering the biggest pack and have both since quit playing (as early as July.) Like Arhangelos said, the damage is done. The dropped the ball straight through the floor on day one and rather than fix things while they still had the opportunity, while it was still early, they decided to just let things go. I give it maybe a month or two before the classic servers merge and a bit longer before it has the population of retail.

Really nyerking sad and disappointed about all of this.

Just now, Jagblade-DN said:

I think it's beyond saving at this point. My girlfriend and I were praying for classic for years and what we ended up getting was terrible. We both regret pre-ordering the biggest pack and have both since quit playing (as early as July.) Like Arhangelos said, the damage is done. The dropped the ball straight through the floor on day one and rather than fix things while they still had the opportunity, while it was still early, they decided to just let things go. I give it maybe a month or two before the classic servers merge and a bit longer before it has the population of retail.

Really nyerking sad and disappointed about all of this.

I was wise and pre-ordered 1 month only, I ended up playing like 3 weeks in total (2 of which were the free trial so I still had 3 weeks in sub and still didn't log a single day).

I never wanted Classic so I can run with 6 speed, or cast my simple skills slower than a return scroll casts. I wanted it for the fact it was giong to be subscription only and no p2w from BCM and it wasn't.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I was wise and pre-ordered 1 month only, I ended up playing like 3 weeks in total (2 of which were the free trial so I still had 3 weeks in sub and still didn't log a single day).

I never wanted Classic so I can run with 6 speed, or cast my simple skills slower than a return scroll casts. I wanted it for the fact it was giong to be subscription only and no p2w from BCM and it wasn't.

Same. I was fine with cash shop cosmetics but even that still hasn't really happened yet. I was never a fan of 1.0 or it's gameplay personally. I realize far too late that it's not classic mechanics I wanted, just classic content.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Wise choice. I was tempted into almost buying the 3 month pack, but since I've been skeptical since the beginning, I took a breather first and got the 1 month one only.

It was fun while it lasted, but it's really time to move on from Aion. It's never going to be the same again.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Wise choice. I was tempted into almost buying the 3 month pack, but since I've been skeptical since the beginning, I took a breather first and got the 1 month one only.

It was fun while it lasted, but it's really time to move on from Aion. It's never going to be the same again.

Yet you will still return to the forums and we’ll see all 3 of your names once more, I propose.

5 hours ago, ShyIee said:

Yet you will still return to the forums and we’ll see all 3 of your names once more, I propose.

For someone that probably spent thousands of dollars on the candies and are apart of the reason it’s rubbish, i don’t see why you’re coming onto the forums to talk down those who actually farmed for what they have and care about playing a fair and equal game 

7 hours ago, ShyIee said:

You can participate on the forums without playing the game.

Edit: Can you tell me what names are you talking about? Because I only have 1 here.

3 hours ago, Chancer said:

For someone that probably spent thousands of dollars on the candies and are apart of the reason it’s rubbish, i don’t see why you’re coming onto the forums to talk down those who actually farmed for what they have and care about playing a fair and equal game 

Double check your name, I think you mistakenly added an “H”

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

You can participate on the forums without playing the game.

Edit: Can you tell me what names are you talking about? Because I only have 1 here.

Was referring to you, Arhangelos and Jagblade who have over 1000+ posts on the forums.

I’m not saying you can’t speak your mind about the bad choices NC is making but the constant talking down about a game and yet coming back to it with “oh games dead” for over so many years get tiring to see.

How about this approach: Let’s play the game for what it’s worth because tomorrow is a brand new day, and perhaps Aion may be shut down forever. Why not enjoy what we have before it’s gone, regardless of it’s ups and downs?

14 minutes ago, ShyIee said:

Was referring to you, Arhangelos and Jagblade who have over 1000+ posts on the forums.

Having a big forum post count is rather meaningless and I personally don't care how much I have.

I’m not saying you can’t speak your mind about the bad choices NC is making but the constant talking down about a game and yet coming back to it with “oh games dead” for over so many years get tiring to see.

I never mentioned "the game is dead", maybe retail is, but Classic holds fairly fine even if Israphel server is struggling. Voicing your opinion about the issues regarding the company (not the game) should be important. We can't say what they do is fine when there's so many things that can be improved upon. Yes, this is NCWest we're talking about, and maybe they don't really care, but neither am I surprised how they approach these situations. Game has potential, but it's being wasted.

How about this approach: Let’s play the game for what it’s worth because tomorrow is a brand new day, and perhaps Aion may be shut down forever. Why not enjoy what we have before it’s gone, regardless of it’s ups and downs?

I never go around telling people they should stop playing, quite the opposite, they should enjoy it while it lasts.

People getting offended by my opinions and personal takes on these matters should reevaluate themselves, you can agree to disagree, doesn't mean we gotta be some enemies because whatever opinion you have is different from mine.

2 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Having a big forum post count is rather meaningless and I personally don't care how much I have.

I never mentioned "the game is dead", maybe retail is, but Classic holds fairly fine even if Israphel server is struggling. Voicing your opinion about the issues regarding the company (not the game) should be important. We can't say what they do is fine when there's so many things that can be improved upon. Yes, this is NCWest we're talking about, and maybe they don't really care, but neither am I surprised how they approach these situations. Game has potential, but it's being wasted.

I never go around telling people they should stop playing, quite the opposite, they should enjoy it while it lasts.

People getting offended by my opinions and personal takes on these matters should reevaluate themselves, you can agree to disagree, doesn't mean we gotta be some enemies because whatever opinion you have is different from mine.

Yes, I totally agree with you there. We should definitely voice our opinions because the game definitely has major potential but… as you stated this is NCWest we’re talking about and if the last 8-10 years says anything, change is less than likely to take place. We’re just beating a dead horse at this point (the hope for changes, that is)

Personally, I take life very casually, every day for me is another day to improve upon myself and if change occurs, I’ll work on adapting to that. Same goes for me playing Aion. Am I oblivious to the issues? No. But “hope” can only take you so far. Nothing will be as we want it to be in life, and that’s the truth, unfortunately.

I won’t prolong this post any further, hope you all have a beautiful day with whatever is in store of us at the end of it ❤️ 

Even though NC Soft lied to us when they announced there will be no p2w in the shop, my friends and I wanted to give NC Soft a chance after the so called candygate. But to be honest, NC Soft always made the wrong decision to make the game attractive to players in the long term. Which was probably never the plan. The damage is done and the brand Aion (Classic) burned.

Even if you roll back to day 1, no one will come back. Well that's it for us, maybe I'll watch Verteron again personally but the SR exploit was too much. There are players running around with hundreds of kinah without being held accountable.

I have actually reached a point where i trust gameforge more than ncsoft. and i thought 2020 was crazy ...

Kind regards

Best cleric EU

On 8/5/2021 at 1:01 PM, ShyIee said:

Oh my god thank you so much for letting me know i can’t believe i never realized that before! It’s not like that was the entire point of my name… look at this comedian we got over here guys oh my god ha-ha

On 8/5/2021 at 1:01 PM, ShyIee said:

I have only a few hundred posts and I've been here since Aion originally launched in North America. The thing is we don't want the game to be in the state it's in. NCSoft could do so much better for it but instead they seem to be hell bent on mismanaging this property as badly as SOE mismanaged Star Wars Galaxies. It's depressing to see and we want our voices heard  but so far they either go ignored or the team states things are "working as intended."

I do agree with enjoying the game while it's here, that but that implies the game is enjoyed. Thousands of us certainly would if NCSoft actually took the feedback they've been receiving for years rather than just copy-pasting whatever they have in Korea.

Archived