Weekly Server Maintenance - August 25, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hello Daevas!

Looking for this week's maintenance notes? Well, you've come to the right place!

Maintenance this week will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC) again this week (same time as usual), and is expected to proceed for no less than 3 hours and 15 minutes, at which point we expect services to once again be back online.

The only changes of note for this week are the conclusion of the Cat Transformation Event and Ultimate Transformation Promotion. Rewards will be distributed by September 1!

Thank you!

I know they do not always put events every week because we get used to them and we never appreciate anything. So we will get a new event next week or after 2 weeks.

The last event with the cat was not for most people, it was a BCM sales event with ingame kinah sink for the cat progression

-> The promotion ulti event is something everyone anticipates every 6 months, so that is indeed the best event they bring about.

We will spend 1~2 weeks without events and then we will most likely get a new one. You can relax for a week.

~~

If I could make a suggestion, I would suggest something that awards event coins too.

26 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I know they do not always put events every week because we get used to them and we never appreciate anything. So we will get a new event next week or after 2 weeks.

The last event with the cat was not for most people, it was a BCM sales event with ingame kinah sink for the cat progression

-> The promotion ulti event is something everyone anticipates every 6 months, so that is indeed the best event they bring about.

We will spend 1~2 weeks without events and then we will most likely get a new one. You can relax for a week.

~~

If I could make a suggestion, I would suggest something that awards event coins too.

And me, I would suggest to extend catnip event for at least 1 week please @Kibbelz 🥺

51 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

And me, I would suggest to extend catnip event for at least 1 week please @Kibbelz 🥺

I haven't even bothered the moment I saw it requires kinah to "upgrade" (or whatever) these catnips and then gamble on whether it will upgrade or not. I didn't even understand what kind of RNG diarrhea they decided to put there but the fact it requires kinah was a big-fat nope.

And all of this so once you manage to get it to the end level you can get 7-day enchants, yeah... no!

Catnip Event was expensive as hell if you didn't get lucky. I burned around 600M or so. Well, for me it was worth it, since I needed some legendary contracts for the ulti event (last cat gives one 16 types contract).

As the other rewards, I usually get 5~10 exp marks per day from it, I was going to get some enchants but I was too lazy to farm last PvP gear piece, so nyerk it.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I haven't even bothered the moment I saw it requires kinah to "upgrade" (or whatever) these catnips and then gamble on whether it will upgrade or not. I didn't even understand what kind of RNG diarrhea they decided to put there but the fact it requires kinah was a big-fat nope.

And all of this so once you manage to get it to the end level you can get 7-day enchants, yeah... no!

My cat egg is still level 0 and I only farm 1 catnip ore per day and I’m happy because I need to fill my cubic. I’m currently away from home so I didn’t profit much from this event.

1 minute ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

My cat egg is still level 0 and I only farm 1 catnip ore per day and I’m happy because I need to fill my cubic. I’m currently away from home so I didn’t profit much from this event.

My cat is still in BCM courier and I didn't even claim it, I actually got it 3 days ago because I was like "let me try it" but I already knew from day 1 from other people how bad the RNG was and how much kinah it would require so I skipped it.

1 hour ago, Unbuff-DN said:

I heard that in EU this event was 200.000 per try, and we got it for 2.000.000 per try.

Plus they have auto-hunt and we don't. lol

Damn, *depression intensifies*. On the other hand EU has the gold pack without which you can't do much so ti is like Siel's Aura type of model there.

6 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Damn, *depression intensifies*. On the other hand EU has the gold pack without which you can't do much so ti is like Siel's Aura type of model there.

As a person who played and still plays on EU, those servers should be near empty due to the management of Gameforge. EU people must really love Aion to stand those conditions. You NEED a gold pack. There's no choice about the matter. Loot rights are sold through gold packs and not kinah. Not to mention you can't use the broker properly without one. Gameforge should not be allowed to manage any game with what they do. You also need to solo or duo instances to sell the items for kinah along with doing the other limited ways. Our worst geared people on NA are still better than their worst geared.

10 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I would advise anyone to first look at the rewards list and see if there is anything they need and I mean really desperately need. If not, avoid this event. I am at the last stage and near 200 mil and I still can not get my cat to evolve. The rng for the very last stage seems god awful and it is very frustrating.

5 hours ago, Briearios said:

As a person who played and still plays on EU, those servers should be near empty due to the management of Gameforge. EU people must really love Aion to stand those conditions. You NEED a gold pack. There's no choice about the matter. Loot rights are sold through gold packs and not kinah. Not to mention you can't use the broker properly without one. Gameforge should not be allowed to manage any game with what they do. You also need to solo or duo instances to sell the items for kinah along with doing the other limited ways. Our worst geared people on NA are still better than their worst geared.

I would advise anyone to first look at the rewards list and see if there is anything they need and I mean really desperately need. If not, avoid this event. I am at the last stage and near 200 mil and I still can not get my cat to evolve. The rng for the very last stage seems god awful and it is very frustrating.

Guys, stop saying ppl have to avoid this event, I repeat - I NEED CUBICS, just 1 catnip stone at level 0 gives 20 bronze, 10 silver and 5 gold cubes of your choice, it is like MONTHS of farm. From this point of view this event is very good, so stop complaining pls.

3 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Guys, stop saying ppl have to avoid this event, I repeat - I NEED CUBICS, just 1 catnip stone at level 0 gives 20 bronze, 10 silver and 5 gold cubes of your choice, it is like MONTHS of farm. From this point of view this event is very good, so stop complaining pls.

You should upgrade it few times then at least, not to the max, but the first upgrades are not so hard to get, because at the cute cat i think you start getting 3 bundles of cubics daily, and also  the daily resets every time you upgrade so even more, you can max pretty much everything except for the plats which have lower stats than gold anyway.

9 hours ago, Briearios said:

I played in EU, I know what gold pack is, EU is free to login, you can barely do anything without gold pack.

17 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

My cat is still in BCM courier and I didn't even claim it, I actually got it 3 days ago because I was like "let me try it" but I already knew from day 1 from other people how bad the RNG was and how much kinah it would require so I skipped it.

Do you like cat event ?

- @Arhangelos :

grumpy-cat-no.gif

13 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I have a ton of cats at home in real life, but they have no RNG included :D

Is this event one more week or so?

Let’s not mention rl cats because whoever came with the idea of this event is clearly disconnected from the real world since cats are hatching from the eggs here :/ 

Yes, 1 more week ( unless hopefully it gets extended). Actually, you were the one asking for an event to complete cubics, so go farm it, you grumpy cat 😛

3 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Let’s not mention rl cats because whoever came with the idea of this event is clearly disconnected from the real world since cats are hatching from the eggs here :/ 

Yes, 1 more week ( unless hopefully it gets extended). Actually, you were the one asking for an event to complete cubics, so go farm it, you grumpy cat 😛

The only cubicles I miss the last 1 year or so is the platinum cubicle for m.attack and the platinum cubicle for p.attack (which I do not care for). Once a month I get a drop of one of them and I feel happy. I was about to do transmutation hoping to get those at some point but when I spent 100m one time doing it I got all kinds of junk cubicles so I stopped trying it this way.

When I asked for cubicle event I did it for the people who didn't play since 6.x where cubicles existed in cubic instance and we could upgrade lower cubicles into higher ones.

3 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

When I asked for cubicle event I did it for the people who didn't play since 6.x where cubicles existed in cubic instance and we could upgrade lower cubicles into higher ones.

What an altruistic person !  😯 I’m so touched, thank you ! 🥺

By the way, speaking of Pt cubics from lumiel, just use legendary transformation pots on alts from lugbug, I’m only missing 3 cubics for m.atk

32 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

What an altruistic person !  😯 I’m so touched, thank you ! 🥺

By the way, speaking of Pt cubics from lumiel, just use legendary transformation pots on alts from lugbug, I’m only missing 3 cubics for m.atk

Yes I always do those, but I was bored of doing it so slowly so I was trying to do the 100x potions from lugbug, I spend 100m one time and other times too. Right now I sold 3 legendary transforms from abyssal that I have been farming since last promotion and I got 2,5B per se, so I was tempted to try it again but I'll skip it. Kinah is so rare to make that I am clinging to it like mold on the edges of bathroom tiles.

14 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

Yes I always do those, but I was bored of doing it so slowly so I was trying to do the 100x potions from lugbug, I spend 100m one time and other times too. Right now I sold 3 legendary transforms from abyssal that I have been farming since last promotion and I got 2,5B per se, so I was tempted to try it again but I'll skip it. Kinah is so rare to make that I am clinging to it like mold on the edges of bathroom tiles.

Correction, I was buying 100x potions from GST* to put in transmutation.

Archived