A Fix for more world PvP

Ltoso

Wouldn't a nice fix for Open world PvP be to try negate all the PvP towards Rifting instead of AP guard farming? Like if you want to PvP you have to  go to Upper abyss which is so stupid, And the most effective way to get AP is from guards which shouldn't even be a thing, Maybe increase AP from Player kills so actually killing a player is worth ur time, Instead of people perma farming guards.. i understand the problem with AP trading, but NCSOFT seems to have been able to ban em. I hope someone high up reads this and can take this into consideration, I know they have to send everything to korea for valuation, But if you continue this path your going now,  It really won't be good lol. Fix it now while you can.

An idea would be to reduce the AP gained from low ranks to almost zero and AP from high ranks increased by alot, And maybe reduce AP gained in parties to reduce zerging.. Like there is so many things you can do better. just throwing ideas out there.

I mean only thing I would suggest them doing if putting AP guards in Belusan and Heiron...it would diversify the areas to PvP. Ultimately the guards are meant to be a point of contest. However, with flight PvP being less than optimal I'd personally like to see more ground based PvP.  This would force rifting for grinding as a alternative depending on how implemented could be quite interesting. Either way unless you are on IS (Which I have no intimate knowledge of) I have to disagree with the no PvP argument. Regularly I find PvP and often it turns to group vs group/ alliance vs alliance. 

7 hours ago, Ltoso said:

Well everyone is just perma farming guards for AP, there is no one doing PvP  if you are PVER this can be fun, but not for me i dont wanna sit and grind all day fight none playing characthers

Most people prefer to get their AP from PvE activities,  because open world PvP favors the geared eg. those that took the AP trading risk early on or ground guards every day and ran no alts.

It didn't take very many weeks for the AP gear imbalance to set in. It's the same problem that plagues Aion retail 7.9 and predecessors. We don't know the full extent until  some direct competition like Dredge becomes available. 

8 hours ago, Zarbi said:

Most people prefer to get their AP from PvE activities,  because open world PvP favors the geared eg. those that took the AP trading risk early on or ground guards every day and ran no alts.

It didn't take very many weeks for the AP gear imbalance to set in. It's the same problem that plagues Aion retail 7.9 and predecessors. We don't know the full extent until  some direct competition like Dredge becomes available. 

Not really comparable to retail. The people still playing for 8+ hours a day not only have a gear advantage but a massive skill advantage as well. Even if these players had crap gear and the casuals had 50elite, honestly the hardcore players would still win PvP engagements.

This is nothing like retail, where you can literally have ten times the amount of damage your opponent does through gear discrepancies. At that point, skill is no longer a factor.

Archived