Asmos farming NPC Maximus- SL

Fungie

@Kibbelz So while the ellys of SL have to sit here and get even more far behind, the asmos have an alliance sitting outside of Jep Village every day, killing the General Goods Merchant, Maximus, every time he spawns for ap. Some say its for 4k each player, some say its for 2k. I don't know im not asmo, but seeing asmos ranks go higher each day i can only assume its a lot, and yet no one has said anything about it.  I'm just curious what people think about. Do you think its an exploit? Do you think its fair?

1 hour ago, DevilNefilims-DN said:

why would this be considered an exploit? its supossed to work like that, u kill that npc and u get ap, nothing wrong, theres a npc for elyos as well, called Kistenian in Beluslan u can form ur ally and try to kill him

So the mob you are talking about is lvl 55, HP 7.8mil basically a boss while yours a simple general merchant that simple 4 man can kill

Mostly for fun, friends and I tried to kill the asmo one. And we did it.

- Took 30 deaths to pull. It's a really hard pull, I had to send my spirit in to take the initial aggro, run away with guards while our cleric manage to snag aggro on it. It was clearly mostly luck.

- Took us a while to understand we'd have to fight with a permanent add. As soon as you kill it, the boss spawns a new one. You need either a lot of SM to perma fear it or offtanks.

- We used 3 kisks total for the whole fight. Lot of deaths early on, we stabilized it around 50% when we got more than 1 plate in the alli.

- The boss has reflect up every 30 seconds or so. When you dispell it, there's 50% chance he'll cast it again. and again. With 2 sm in the alli, even with all our dispells used, he could sometimes still have reflect.

- Standing 25 meters away from it will prevent you from being it by the most annoying AOE.

- It took 45 minutes to kill with 10 people at the beginning to 15 when it was killed.

Proof

pvqVaq2.png

I think Asmo indeed got it easier than us ;)

3 hours ago, Neferupito said:

It's a really hard pull, I had to send my spirit in to take the initial aggro, run away with guards while our cleric manage to snag aggro on it. It was clearly mostly luck.

not a hard pull once you know what to do. can easily do a clean pull with  2-3man. Main issue is asmo interference. You guys are lucky whilst killing it  out in the open field like that.

From what I've seen today, it looks like Maximus is being killed by a single group (not an alliance.)

Maximus seems to be a templar-like class (has sword and shield, first attack is a Doom Lure.) A few of us were chasing the asmos and they were quite easily able to just pick us off without the NPC hurting them - doesn't help that we were trickling in 1 by 1 of course and some of us (e.g. me!) don't even have any PvP items. But Maximus is a slow runner and as everyone's buffed up with run scrolls etc. it looks like they kite him across the map.

Maybe he does use some boss-like skills sometimes but I didn't see that at the times I was able to observe. He looked pretty tame.

16 hours ago, Nishe said:

Maximus has more HP than Kistenian and has all the traits of a boss despite having what looks like a non elite HP bar. 

Maximus has 9.57mil HP and is lvl 53. Kristenian has 9.29mil HP and is lvl 55. It seems mages need a higher MA stat to reliably hit the Lvl 55 npc without the occasional resist.

kistenian being a mage mob does various hard hitting skills that require LOS. Not sure about the Templar maximus but from what I can see, he casts shields which an SM can dispel? 

15 hours ago, DevilNefilims-DN said:

Can't believe how much elyos can QQ about a npc being "unfair" when they have the best world bosses in their lands, but w e i guess they want more advantage to compensate for inefficiency

Eh, I think most Ely would trade Zapiel and Bollvig (if you're not a glad or sin, you don't care about these bosses) for Maximus (benefits everyone)

Not to mention both Alukina and Zapiel are easily contested by the opposite faction, and really only Bollvig is ely exclusive content

Can I trade zap, jesh and bollv (make them asmo exclusive content in Belu for all I care) for maximus x3? Please?

18 hours ago, DevilNefilims-DN said:

Can't believe how much elyos can QQ about a npc being "unfair" when they have the best world bosses in their lands, but w e i guess they want more advantage to compensate for inefficiency

see the difference is maximus gives ap to everyone, while doing a worldboss you are lucky if you get anything, plus asmos take Zapiel now anyway, come to elly side and i like to see you try to get a worldboss

1 hour ago, Fungie said:

see the difference is maximus gives ap to everyone, while doing a worldboss you are lucky if you get anything, plus asmos take Zapiel now anyway, come to elly side and i like to see you try to get a worldboss

everyone? only a small group is doing it, most of us we wont never see or farm it, plus + its 40k ap if u do 10 man u will get only 4k, u can make 4k easier farming guards in 30 mins,  anyways waste of time trying to argue with someoen that thinks that have a npc that gives ap is unfair for ur faction lel

1 hour ago, Fungie said:

and ye, zap is ours cause we work hard for it instead waste time qqing about what is fair or unfair for factions, almost every asmo has an sm alt to summon ourselves to zap and we need to camp rift + have schedueles and more, so ya if we were big qq queens we were in forums complaining and trying to make zap spawn in our maps lel

6 hours ago, Nsn said:

Eh, I think most Ely would trade Zapiel and Bollvig (if you're not a glad or sin, you don't care about these bosses) for Maximus (benefits everyone)

Not to mention both Alukina and Zapiel are easily contested by the opposite faction, and really only Bollvig is ely exclusive content

Can I trade zap, jesh and bollv (make them asmo exclusive content in Belu for all I care) for maximus x3? Please?

na if u had a npc that gives free ap some better elyo than u would take it 100%
also problem with kinestian isn't his hp skills or w e problem is that asmos always trying to protect him, making alliances and linking in lfg where elyos are, now answer, are elyos doing the same? making a organized group to protect maximus? or anything useful? i bet no. problem isn't the npc problem are the players that u have to wipe or avoid to get that npc that isn't easy to kill. 10m hp aprox both

1 hour ago, DevilNefilims-DN said:

also problem with kinestian isn't his hp skills or w e problem is that asmos always trying to protect him, making alliances and linking in lfg where elyos are, now answer, are elyos doing the same? making a organized group to protect maximus? or anything useful? i bet no. problem isn't the npc problem are the players that u have to wipe or avoid to get that npc that isn't easy to kill. 10m hp aprox both

nah you ignorant. its his hp and skills. been over there plenty of times and no asmos in sight they are to busy camping maximus. kinestian got an army guarding him and maximus got a few guards around him. i dont think its an exploit but yall do for sure got the easier cut of that for sure.

12 hours ago, DevilNefilims-DN said:

Haha funny that you say that, it was my idea originally to try to kill Kristennan over a month ago, and I was a part of the very first kill. Only after ely started to kill Krist did asmos even think about heiron bosses like Maximus. To be fair, AD did try to kill Perento fairly early on but it had annoying mechanics and kept resetting. Considering these guards were in the game since Day 1 and no one figured this AP method out for months, if it wasn't for me personally, it's very possible no one would of ever killed either Krist or Max. lol.

The thing is, making organized groups to protect maximus/kristennan is a waste of time. As someone else mentioned, you're better off farming guards (or, hell, even core mobs) from an ap/hr standpoint. Asmos create alliances to defend Kristennan because they're the dominant faction and literally starved for PvP. I know the feeling, I played Ely almost exclusively on retail - finding asmos to kill was rough, and half of the time you were just joining the ely zerg against them. Will say, it's pretty nice being Ely, if I want PvP I can literally just post my location on asmo LFG and people will come. That obviously doesn't happen the other way around.

Archived