Aion Classic - How will it progress

66s12E1AB

So i am an old Aion player, who basically started playing Aion, when it first came out, in 2008 i think it was. Back then it was prescription based, and there was no P2W cash shop. Then Gameforge took over, and basically ruined the game, especially the PvP element, with their usual P2W mechanics. So i quit along with a score of other players. I then find this, the classic experience, and i was hopefull, that this would be like it was then. NO P2W cash crap and just good old Aion where everyone could play equally...

And it is. Actually it is precisely as it was back when it came out. The content there is right now is just as it was when it launched way back when. So this leads me to my question. Will there be regular content updates, so that the content that is currently on Aion Classic will expand to include everything like Fort instances, Dredgions, Inggison/Gelkmaros and so on, or does "classic" mean it will stay as it is??? 

Classic doesn't follow 100% like retail, and the various patches and updates include different things at different time periods. 

Classic follows it's own updates and patching, and if you look towards Korea, it will be feature new content never seen before on retail. 

We get Dark Poeta and B. Dredge in one week. Fort instances will come around the next patch update, we are still 2 years from seeing Gelk/Igg.

Right now we are not even at the content level of when the original Aion was released and won't for likely another 3 months when the Fort Instances will be released. I know a lot are claiming pay-to-win, and there is a lot to agree with that, but right now you can't buy AP feeds so AP all must be earned beyond a few major crowns each Deava Pass (so far 10 Major Crowns would have been awarded if an individual purchased every Deava Pass I believe). 

2 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

Classic doesn't follow 100% like retail, and the various patches and updates include different things at different time periods. 

Thank god for that!

I played 8.0 for a couple of days trying to level a toon from 80 to 85 and each time I encountered a player of the opposite faction, I was killed in under 2sec, most of my gear is Dark Talon. Aion 8.0 world PvP is a total joke.

By comparison I rolled a Chanter on Classic Elyos side and had the most wonderful chase and combat with a rifting Asmo glad in Eltnen that lasted several minutes until I finally wore him down.

Aion use to be great until 2.0 when they introduced L55 gear and ground forts, then it lost it's appeal for me.

1 hour ago, Zarbi said:

Aion use to be great until 2.0 when they introduced L55 gear and ground forts, then it lost it's appeal for me.

Aion was meant to be lv 55, half classes in the game can only reach peak performance with lv 55 for stigma build, aion locked at lv 50 are utterly a bad joke with imbalanced classes, reshanta pvp is the definiton of broken pvp, with classes that can boost flying speed while other's can't, anyway, aion peak time was with lv 55 patch.

8 hours ago, 66s12E1AB said:

So i am an old Aion player, who basically started playing Aion, when it first came out, in 2008 i think it was. Back then it was prescription based, and there was no P2W cash shop. Then Gameforge took over, and basically ruined the game, especially the PvP element, with their usual P2W mechanics. So i quit along with a score of other players. I then find this, the classic experience, and i was hopefull, that this would be like it was then. NO P2W cash crap and just good old Aion where everyone could play equally...

And it is. Actually it is precisely as it was back when it came out. The content there is right now is just as it was when it launched way back when. So this leads me to my question. Will there be regular content updates, so that the content that is currently on Aion Classic will expand to include everything like Fort instances, Dredgions, Inggison/Gelkmaros and so on, or does "classic" mean it will stay as it is??? 

No one knows that for sure. We are already not following KRs time frame for patches, so who knows? We are 1 month behind if im not mistaken (please correct me if so). What we do know is that the devs intend to bring the game up to 2.7. No one knows what is going to happen after that. KR is at 1.9 right now, which introduced a few things never seen before (another dredgion like instance and brought early the pvp arenas).

8 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

Classic follows it's own updates and patching, and if you look towards Korea, it will be feature new content never seen before on retail. 

We get Dark Poeta and B. Dredge in one week. Fort instances will come around the next patch update, we are still 2 years from seeing Gelk/Igg.

I doubt it will be 2 years. KR should launch 2.0 in 2 months tops (if they follow updates time frame). It's more like a year... or a little bit less than that.

1 hour ago, Cerec said:

Personally, I thought that 3.x (level 60) was the ultimate Aion (and I played from beta.)    But, I absolutely hated 4.x and left when it came out and never returned.

For me too. Composite manastones aside (they could have removed those earlier than 6.0 lol) 3.0 was THE BEST patch ever for me too. 4.0 onwards the game was trashed.

I feel like 1.5/DP will only bolster things a little bit, Taha will probably end up being a joke and I'm sure something else will either impede/allow players to excel more or less than they were supposed to... and dredge will probably be a crap show.

Then we'll complain 1.7/fort instances are taking too long.

2.0 is the golden mark, I think. If we can make it there, and ncsoft pulls their pants up just a little bit we should see some good times... but it's a gamble to that point.

5 hours ago, Adla said:

I feel like 1.5/DP will only bolster things a little bit, Taha will probably end up being a joke and I'm sure something else will either impede/allow players to excel more or less than they were supposed to... and dredge will probably be a crap show.

Then we'll complain 1.7/fort instances are taking too long.

2.0 is the golden mark, I think. If we can make it there, and ncsoft pulls their pants up just a little bit we should see some good times... but it's a gamble to that point.

I probably won't even go to DP, hardly ever did 10 years ago.

The reason being is I prefer to work on my gear methodically, rather than rely on RNG boss drops.  It's the old investment vs gambling paradigm.

I am looking forward to Dredge, and any other new sources of AP they might give us.

Archived