restoration only for cheating

Taze-DN

So these restoration tokens that people use constantly to avoid difficult game mechanics can't be used for actual mistakes.

I accidentally bought a duplicate stigma and they refuse to undo it.

Someone please explain to me why an accidental purchase(ap or not) that has zero use other than to throw away isn't exactly what restoration tokens are for.

also,  they basically told me to put it in the forums and if people agree with my restoration they'd give it to me. 

so please leave a comment 

If you think that this should be changed, I would advise you to please post your suggestion on our Official Forums as the Community Team gathers all information and forwards it to the Development Team for consideration.

sadly you were caught in the whole AP item restoration fix they did months ago. This was done so someone could not lets say buy very very expensive AP items 200-500K AP etc and farm AP at a low rank which is a lot easier than to farm with 500k ap to your name. Then if you want to have general transform or something when you have enough with the farmed AP plus item you can use a restoration to instantly get the rank you wanted. I don't think it was ever intended to include stigmas this was only an issue with gear armor, weapons and accessories.  I see why they have included it, it's just simpler to say no restoration of any AP item at all but the reality is the people using this exploit weren't redeeming stigmas they are not worth it and not expensive enough to be worth a restoration really. 

So i would agree that it should be changed to exclude AP stigmas I would not hold my breath on this one NCSoft is very slow at changing anything.

11 hours ago, Taze-DN said:

also,  they basically told me to put it in the forums and if people agree with my restoration they'd give it to me. 

so please leave a comment 

If you think that this should be changed, I would advise you to please post your suggestion on our Official Forums as the Community Team gathers all information and forwards it to the Development Team for consideration.

Support policy shouldn't be decided by popular vote on the forums~

>>Put it in the forums we will change our policy based on popular opinion

why does that not sound right to me? . any who-- seeing that most people use the restoration tokens to reattempt a d/e, this is probably a more legitimate use of restoration tokens.  There should have been enough warning to stop you from buying a dupe, and it can be argued that you should be aware about what you are purchasing. Mistakes happen and that much is understandable. Given most of our concern regarding ap trading , I can see NC being extremely hesitant on addressing any AP items since many of our player base had left due to ap trading issues. Ap stigs aren't too terribly expensive in the first place , keeping an explicit exclusion/ exception for stigs  would probably hurt NC more and I would say it should be reviewed on a case by case basis. 

I have to say that your honest mistake you are lucky they even offered you a means to resolve it through the forums and they will help you.   I made an honest mistake a couple days ago buying some Seeds of Transformation in Sanctum.  Due to my not so great eyesight and the first time I ever bought these in Aion Classic I thought I was spending Kinah and I was spending Abyss Points.   I opened a ticket for it to see if I could get it fixed and have then take the seeds back and give me my AP back and was told no that the restoration tokens policy now excludes players who actually made an honest mistake who has to pay the price for those people that took advantage of this in the past I guess.  They dont restore this AP anymore either and sent me a link to their policy.  So count yourself lucky if you eventually get your problem taken care of.   The game is so bad but it was my stupid mistake and I guess I need a better pair of glasses.  But no help form this company at all.

55 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Arrowz:
I vote to change the policies to get 1000 boiling bloods for every unused restoration token a season. Now we just need definition of how popular this has to become for them to adjust it.

I second and third this statement. I don't even use my restores to reattempt a d/e. 

I accidently bought a wrong class gloves  (40e) with my AP and medals, I wrote a restoration request right after, NC refused, not even to exchange or replace a right one for me. On the other hand, AP trading is allowed, cheaters can get their account back after "ban", So yeah, this double standard is not the "Policy" that I can understand.

Restore his damn stigma.
They restored mine early on, when I also accidently purchased two duplicate stigmas. (Left in w/h and forgot about it)

Whatever GM is looking at this look through the logs, Pyromage, you guys restored it. Stuff the AP restoration fix.. it's a stigma, not a 50e piece, clearly this was a mistake and not an exploit just like mine.

Archived