Jump to content
Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - April 6, 2022 [Aion]


Rin
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

Rainbow snake special survey time schedule:

  1. Begins: April 8 @ 00:00 Server Time
    Ends: April 10 @ 23:59 Server Time

  2. Begins: April 15 @ 00:00 Server Time
    Ends: April 17 @ 23:59 Server Time

  3. Beings: April 22 @ 00:00 Server Time
    Ends: April 24 @ 23:59 Server Time

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also never liked the snake event except for the buffs. It is also pure RNG, not hyped but it doesn't hurt having it.

I kinda cringe when we get that awful snake costume and try to delete it and we have to type "confirm" to actually delete it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Folks cry when there is no event.  So there needs to be some event going constantly.  Snake rewards are better this year than in the past and the buffs are ok.  Should include an xp buff (non-crafting) or put on a server-wide xp buff.  This snake event is definitely better than nothing.  Also, this is accessible to the f2p crowd.  I assume that's better than nothing to them too.

Edited by AnonymousCoward-DN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Rin said:

Hi @Rin can I just check what is the rationale behind this Rainbow Snake event ? I am failing to understand why would you go ahead with an event that promotes the afking in the game? As it stands people will just log in for 1h afk and then move to the next char

 

Don’t get me wrong it is free rewards for being logged but not for playing the game. An alternative could be to have 13 bundles per account which you can claim every hour similar to how prestige works. In that way people would be free to play with whichever char they like and still get some rewards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Malloc-KT said:

An alternative could be to have 13 bundles per account which you can claim every hour similar to how prestige works. In that way people would be free to play with whichever char they like and still get some rewards.

 ^ This is a better system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uh rin the event is broken... I spent 2 hours on my main today an me got no item! The timer hits 1minute then showed 40000 hours then resets back to the hour timer without placing the item in my inventory... it happened twice now...I will be making a ticket about it but I figured I would post in forums because others are saying it's happening to them as well!!! Thanks 😊 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aion Team

Hello everyone!

Before I get into this small announcement, I want to, as always, say thank you for your feedback!  

Now for the announcement: The development team has decided to add a little extra bundled goodness to the Rainbow Snake Event: 10 free [Event] Chromatic Bundles will be delivered every weekend until April 24 via the survey system! This will be available to Daeva's level 76+, just log-in and collect your extra goodies! :) I will also be editing the main maintenance post to reflect this information, too:

 

Rainbow snake special survey time schedule:

  1. Begins: April 8 @ 00:00 Server Time
    Ends: April 10 @ 23:59 Server Time
     
  2. Begins: April 15 @ 00:00 Server Time
    Ends: April 17 @ 23:59 Server Time
     
  3. Beings: April 22 @ 00:00 Server Time
    Ends: April 24 @ 23:59 Server Time
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aion Team
6 minutes ago, Arkaida-KT said:

Uh rin the event is broken... I spent 2 hours on my main today an me got no item! The timer hits 1minute then showed 40000 hours then resets back to the hour timer without placing the item in my inventory... it happened twice now...I will be making a ticket about it but I figured I would post in forums because others are saying it's happening to them as well!!! Thanks 😊 

 

Oh no! Thank you for submitting a ticket—I've reported it to my team!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rin said:

Oh no! Thank you for submitting a ticket—I've reported it to my team!

Np RIN glad to help yes i posted screenshots of this wackyness in the ticket glad to see response's coming from NCSOFT☺️

oh and more free stuff sounds great but hopefully we can fix the first free stuff lol!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rin said:

Hello everyone!

Before I get into this small announcement, I want to, as always, say thank you for your feedback!  

Now for the announcement: The development team has decided to add a little extra bundled goodness to the Rainbow Snake Event: 10 free [Event] Chromatic Bundles will be delivered every weekend until April 24 via the survey system! This will be available to Daeva's level 76+, just log-in and collect your extra goodies! :) I will also be editing the main maintenance post to reflect this information, too:

 

 

Will this be once per account or available for all characters on the account that are 76+?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aion Team
1 minute ago, Tip said:

Will this be once per account or available for all characters on the account that are 76+?

As this is the survey system, it should be once per account!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having to stay on each alt for 1 hour every day (if one did that) is too much. Some may feel they are losing out if they don't. It somewhat impedes activity in-game as people will just afk and we won't even see our friends as they will be on alts. 

Otherwise I like the event, if it could just be every hour no matter the character even if sometimes we get on the wrong character it would be much better and game would be much more active. Not sure if anything can be done at this point, but 1 month of AFKing for many people is a long time of low activity - personally I'll do my stuff on main then afk alts and do things in real life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2022 at 7:35 PM, Malloc-KT said:

Hi @Rin can I just check what is the rationale behind this Rainbow Snake event ? I am failing to understand why would you go ahead with an event that promotes the afking in the game? As it stands people will just log in for 1h afk and then move to the next char

 

Don’t get me wrong it is free rewards for being logged but not for playing the game. An alternative could be to have 13 bundles per account which you can claim every hour similar to how prestige works. In that way people would be free to play with whichever char they like and still get some rewards.

Thanks for the extra bundles but as previously mentioned the event is still promoting the afking  rather than playing the game.

I hope this is considered even if it is not possible for this event it should be considered for any future ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aion Team

Happy Friday everyone!

As always, I will deliver this feedback to my team. Thank you so much for your input on the event so far!

That being said to, as much as I greatly appreciate the thanks—please thank the team! I just deliver the messages and keep the communications open between you all to the best of my abilities. They are the ones who make these surveys or adjustments, and have been working hard to coming up with other incentives within their power to give to you each. I'll pass along the thanks to them, just as I do the regular feedback about what you like and dislike about things!

Thank you all so much again for being polite in your questions and understanding and chatting with me here! And from all of the team, thank you for being such passionate players of Aion. ❤️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2022 at 1:59 AM, Rin said:

Happy Friday everyone!

As always, I will deliver this feedback to my team. Thank you so much for your input on the event so far!

That being said to, as much as I greatly appreciate the thanks—please thank the team! I just deliver the messages and keep the communications open between you all to the best of my abilities. They are the ones who make these surveys or adjustments, and have been working hard to coming up with other incentives within their power to give to you each. I'll pass along the thanks to them, just as I do the regular feedback about what you like and dislike about things!

Thank you all so much again for being polite in your questions and understanding and chatting with me here! And from all of the team, thank you for being such passionate players of Aion. ❤️ 

can't do that sorry , you own the thanks 100000% they are here for like ages and things only came to brighter path when you step in :) thanks again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2022 at 8:59 PM, Rin said:

Happy Friday everyone!

As always, I will deliver this feedback to my team. Thank you so much for your input on the event so far!

That being said to, as much as I greatly appreciate the thanks—please thank the team! I just deliver the messages and keep the communications open between you all to the best of my abilities. They are the ones who make these surveys or adjustments, and have been working hard to coming up with other incentives within their power to give to you each. I'll pass along the thanks to them, just as I do the regular feedback about what you like and dislike about things!

Thank you all so much again for being polite in your questions and understanding and chatting with me here! And from all of the team, thank you for being such passionate players of Aion. ❤️ 

Hi dear @Rin, thank you but we are asking you for the event called Hungry Hatchlings back in the future. And also bring new/old costumes back to the Black Cloud Marketplace or Karunerk's workshop in the Luna, please and thanks again :) 

Edited by Nameer-KT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Rin unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 7:25 AM, Rin said:

Hello everyone!

Before I get into this small announcement, I want to, as always, say thank you for your feedback!  

Now for the announcement: The development team has decided to add a little extra bundled goodness to the Rainbow Snake Event: 10 free [Event] Chromatic Bundles will be delivered every weekend until April 24 via the survey system! This will be available to Daeva's level 76+, just log-in and collect your extra goodies! :) I will also be editing the main maintenance post to reflect this information, too:

 

Rainbow snake special survey time schedule:

  1. Begins: April 8 @ 00:00 Server Time
    Ends: April 10 @ 23:59 Server Time
     
  2. Begins: April 15 @ 00:00 Server Time
    Ends: April 17 @ 23:59 Server Time
     
  3. Beings: April 22 @ 00:00 Server Time
    Ends: April 24 @ 23:59 Server Time

no more surveys this week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...