Congrats to getting to full PVE aion

Blume

Finally we had reached the same stage retail aion once reached before server merge. Full PVE Aion, but this time, no more server to merge. 

So most of us (I was elyos back in retail) know where this would lead to next. Every elyos will be camping dred NPC to try get instance dred pop soon (or any cross race pvp instance). Or we will see many elyos alt QE and AFK dred, making it even worst for actual QE asmo. 

this is untrue, asmos can QE anytime and get groups. for example, I qe'd at 12:54pm 6 mins before dredge end and I got a full premade ely group. Elys continue to grief sieges, even lowers, with transforms and hinder asmo progress. It's the same group of 10-12 elys at every siege xformed to kill asmos.

if one side keeps being shut down at every siege, then fewer and fewer will show up to the forts, this means fewer and fewer asmos to pvp at siege times. and less people progressing with gear. with the change in medals its harder for most to gain the medals for gear, whereas ap is less of an issue. 

also the dux rewarding 980K ap to a single ely is broken, attend a siege and get a free 50e wep?! c'mon guys

If you think the problem is Elyos and not greedy Asmo I don't think we understand the issues the same way.  The Asmo faction decided ap and medal gain is more important than owning forts, period.  If you can figure out how to fix that a month ago we wouldn't be here.

The forts were actually on a nice rotation, but asmo Xforms would show up every single siege and it was only a matter of time before elyos retaliated. 

The faction that was carried by AP traded gear in the beginning, hacks and numbers is now crying non stop because the faction that was tired of being grieved for 8 months straight can fight back now.

50 minutes ago, Ontwo said:

The forts were actually on a nice rotation, but asmo Xforms would show up every single siege and it was only a matter of time before elyos retaliated. 

The faction that was carried by AP traded gear in the beginning, hacks and numbers is now crying non stop because the faction that was tired of being grieved for 8 months straight can fight back now.

I wonder if its the same people that only go to siege solo for max ap and medal gains

8 hours ago, Hanoverfist said:

also the dux rewarding 980K ap to a single ely is broken, attend a siege and get a free 50e wep?! c'mon guys

To be fair, that AP is supposed to be dispersed across 24 players. The player who got the first hit on the Deity dropped alliance before it died—they probably did not know they got the first hit, but it is a long-standing practice for players to drop group before Deity death for maximum AP gain

Edited by Forthyn

7 hours ago, Pyromage-DN said:

Are asmos really complaining? Like they didn't dominate for, what was it? Oh, yeah.. The first 6 months of the server??

you should have been on israphel then.  we had maybe a month after merge where the game was actually fun, forts were being rotated, gear progression was a thing.  Now you get a bunch of elyos transforms at a lower fort defense.  just there to grief...they have even admitted to it.  Asmos are gonna just keep dropping, especially newer people when they see how hard it is to get gear.  They are already feeling so behind and seeing no opportunity to catch up...why play anymore?  Asmo population will continue to dwindle away until you elyos have nothing to do but pve....enjoy the game you made for yourselves.  I have cancelled my sub but have enough time on it to play some 2.0 for nostalgia.  After that I'm out.

1 hour ago, Moi said:

you should have been on israphel then.  we had maybe a month after merge where the game was actually fun, forts were being rotated, gear progression was a thing.  Now you get a bunch of elyos transforms at a lower fort defense.  just there to grief...they have even admitted to it.  Asmos are gonna just keep dropping, especially newer people when they see how hard it is to get gear.  They are already feeling so behind and seeing no opportunity to catch up...why play anymore?  Asmo population will continue to dwindle away until you elyos have nothing to do but pve....enjoy the game you made for yourselves.  I have cancelled my sub but have enough time on it to play some 2.0 for nostalgia.  After that I'm out.

I cannot remember a time that we did not have an Asmo xform and a group show up to our lower/upper sieges to grief us for AP. What started all of this was Asmos griefing Elyos on the dux for AP then bragging about how much AP they were making off of it. Elyos got tired of it and this is the result, dug your own hole. You're literally blaming Elyos for a problem Asmos started. The thing that sucks for Asmos is now we can continue to cap the fort regardless and now more and more Elyos are showing up to defense because they're pissed at the Asmos.

Actually, guess most didn't notice. 

Dred pop much faster for elyos since server merged. The number of active elyos is 20% more then asmo since merge, but those elyos (I believe is same as in retail) doesnt like to go seige if they know they can't get a sure win. So during the initial stage, asmo and elyos number was more or less the same, seige was more balanced on both side. 

Then things changed, elyos managed to get these ppl for seige and with each win, more of those elyos who don't go seige started going. so seige started to started to reflect the actual number difference. And as days goes more will leave cause they dont see a point to play with each push from elyos (same as what happened in retail server). 

If things are same as retail, soon elyos who are bored with PVE will jump to Asmo side to "try" help but it just won't work without number. Elyos will be  constantly complaining cross fraction PVP instance take too long or doesn't pop. Then when gelk comes, elyos will push for all 4 fort and.... Just think back to retail before merge and you will know how bad aion is if the numbers are not balanced. 

On 5/16/2022 at 9:32 AM, Blume said:

Actually, guess most didn't notice. 

Dred pop much faster for elyos since server merged. The number of active elyos is 20% more then asmo since merge, but those elyos (I believe is same as in retail) doesnt like to go seige if they know they can't get a sure win. So during the initial stage, asmo and elyos number was more or less the same, seige was more balanced on

Dredge popped faster for the first few weeks after the merge but now it's a disaster. Always says waiting for Asmos, even if you QE right at the start of the session.

The is not much point in working on PvP gear if  you can't get into a match.

Think most already know where would this lead to (apart form those in denial mode) which was the same 10 years back. It seem like most didn’t change nor grow up a bit (I do know most grew in size)… guess aion should have started with 3 fraction not 2? 

anyway, good luck for the pvp instance Q, and see more elyos creating their own room to make pvp instance pop and pve themselves which is so fun. And those who decide to change side to asmo, will be Stuck in between again (most likely will be playing super gear low level toon?). 

Also I noticed that Asmos getting a free win on MyAion stats with no Elyos in the game, whilst at, the same time, I was in the Elyos QE queue trying to get into a game.

Seriously broken system.

Oh this, rather common since retail (especially when no much asmo left in game)…

1. Some strong asmo went in and elyos pre make decide to pass (cause that team had someone on dps meter and was shown on website). Website block this information but it can be bypass or check who went into dred manually would work also.

2. Elyos had been q’ing their alt asmo for dred. So if elyos side pop and their asmo alt (QE) didn’t pop, means they ain’t meeting their plan afk alt… so they would just pass and re q again. It is easy to meet their own alt (plan to afk) easily cause asmo is getting lesser and harder to form group on LFG. So most just QE praying they don’t have a afk asmo in group… 

3. Someone in elyos pre mark dc and they decide to pass Q.. rather rare for this… 

This is too common when one side is dying and elyos is taking this to go full pve. That’s how elyos out geared most asmo back in retail, only few super “whale” asmo could hold up with elyos group cause elyos could pve for everything from gear to ap… and as this goes, asmo population will drop more cause some will just quit, while others will go re till elyos (since it is easier to pve for gear and finding party member). 

thus pve aion is completed… 

I played elyos back in retail, and it took me only 2 hours of play time a day to max gear in 2.5 within a month. Got 140m ap on 2 separate acc… and seeing asmo side then, only a few could hold up in terms of ap or gear back then. Thats the power of pve aion… 

Edited by Blume

I'd play Asmo again if I was sure I'd have a static, or at least a spot saved in a active legion willing to help me get gear. And that would have to include daily DC runs for my spear.

Sadly that was already hard 5 months ago when I decided to switch to Elyos and by that time the asmos were still going strong.

In any case if you are reading this and you think that it would be possible, hit me with a PM and I'll reroll back to Asmo. Not asking for kinah or giveaways, just assurance of having groups to run stuff with.

No point jumping over solo… asmo side is really lack of asmo at the moment.. you will see same ppl on LFG (only that few of them)… compare to elyos is is like 30% less active everywhere… so if u want to jump, have to do it like back in retail, jump with friends (problem is, not much ppl want to pay for 2 siel aura nor to del their elyos char. This make jump harder then in retail). 

I am amazed with the many elyos who created (paying) a 2nd acc to make dred pop for themselves… guess these are the whales keeping the game server alive… 

Back when I started first playing Aion on Nezekan server, the Asmos were first to flee when server transfers were opened.

More recently on IS they did the same thin,g and re-rolled on Siel where for a short time they had an advantage in numbers, then when IS merged with Siel, and it was clear there were more Elyos after the merge, the Asmos started leaving again.

That's why Dredge and Tiak would be far better if they were not faction vs faction, but simply group vs group instances, that should be easy enough for the devs to do, they made it happen in certain 1v1 arenas in the past.

Not really, if only group Vs group, all will just end up playing elyos then since no way to gear up playing the lower faction. I think they did try something like this… 

probably aion should have started as a 3 fraction game. Elyos, asmo, bal (all playable)… this way, things would be far easier to balance up even if one fraction is over owning… bal as Npc doesn’t help the weaker fraction abit. Unless they could re-code it somehow using AI to make them “help” the weaker fraction. 

The game is not doing well when you wait 2 hours for a quick entry Dredge group,even back in original release ques popped superfast and Tiki ques are no different.I think some may pop in for 2.0 but i think the numbers will fall again and only the geared 50s and whales will be left.

Apart from reshanta most zones are just ghost towns not a sign of a healthy and active MMO,people are having too beg and even some paying for help with campaigns that is a good indicator that probaly only alts of 50s are even leveling till 2.0.

Gear drops,grinds for pvp gear lack of drops and most of the community now set in their ways to even want new players because to hard helpingwill see the game dry up fast and management team that wont make things better same as original Aion no lessons have been learned just in my view another cashgrab for a dying game.

Hard too attract any new or return player when they see the gear grinds ahead of them and most legions are only taking geared people to instances or they invite to legion just for numbers and promptly ignore you.

Aion has always been plagued with gear inequality and the resulting gear snobs that creates.

The devs could easily  fix it by making all gear tradable,  but they refuse to, so it is what it is.

Edited by Cyfur

On 5/15/2022 at 8:30 AM, Pyromage-DN said:

Are asmos really complaining? Like they didn't dominate for, what was it? Oh, yeah.. The first 6 months of the server??

Amen to this. Seriously. 

The elyos faction was dominated by a bunch of AP traders like Egirl and Rat for the longest time. 

We couldnt take kysis for months because of the gates' HP being stupidly high, thus giving medals to the leading legion each week.

Now that the Elyos faction is legitly winning and kicking butts asmos are complaining? About beibg griefed during sieges? L O L. 

If the asmos grouped up and played as a faction and used artifacts rather than going into small groups and winning because of numbers, the elyos wouldnt be this strong now because we wouldn't have had the chance to grow. 

This shift of power is on the asmo faction itself for being greedy this whole time. 

Thanks for your post @Blume, I needed a good laugh. 

This is one good example of those that kill the game thinking they are too good for others.... Guess nothing will for these ppl regardless of time since retail. Good luck with your dred Q, since drop of population, it would be harder to do much in aion. Good chance for you to PVE to the max which you always like to. 

Also, since start of merge, there were more elyos compare to asmo, but most dont go seige till asmo popluation drop which = sure win (just like you). lol... 

Btw, do spend some time to count the amount of active asmo and elyos, u would see a sharp drop in amso population since some new game "ark" is out. 

1 hour ago, Blume said:

This is one good example of those that kill the game thinking they are too good for others.... Guess nothing will for these ppl regardless of time since retail. Good luck with your dred Q, since drop of population, it would be harder to do much in aion. Good chance for you to PVE to the max which you always like to. 

Also, since start of merge, there were more elyos compare to asmo, but most dont go seige till asmo popluation drop which = sure win (just like you). lol... 

Btw, do spend some time to count the amount of active asmo and elyos, u would see a sharp drop in amso population since some new game "ark" is out. 

This whole post goes to show how little you know about the game. 

You're embarassing yourself lol. 

Nah. You always been the embarrassment since then and till now. Denial mode is what kills the game. 

anyway, just to help you understand, artifacts would determine the winning side of the numbers are the same. Will help if the difference are <10%. When the numbers difference had hit around 30% (Tell me if you are getting instance entry for dred?) they wouldn’t even help a bit unless opp side are all in white gear. Aion is a number game since ancient time which I think you are too smart not understand. The only fun seige are when both side have same amount of ppl. When one side is more for too long, it would kill the game both side slowly.