My concern issues about post merge

Neleth-KT

-Server faction balancing?

I don't know about new IS but I'm going to say about new SL people now trying to get out of SL because OP asmos from BR,Any plan to stop this panic ? Any plan to resolve imbalance post merge between elyos and asmo ?

-Housing concern

How you going to deal with people with a lot of alternates that got a house for every char ? how to stop business buy houses and resell the house
Here's here some of my ideas

*Make house/mansion/estate/palace bid only by lv66+ archdaeva*
*Make 1 house/mansion/estate/palace for 1 account and share benefit from it such as no soul sick crafting bonus to whole account*
*Make house reseller get no profit only return base kinah such as house get only 12kk when sell mansion 112kk estate 335kk to stop house resell business*

Thank you for you concern.

This is the third merge in the game's lifetime. If it's anything like before, much won't/can't be done about it.  
From what I've heard from people on BR-A, it's pretty dead and they're having trouble getting medals and stuff for gear. Even if there are "OP Asmos" there, I think it would provide a good challenge for those on SL since many are "bored" or feeling unchallenged by the current players on that server.
I'm sure NC did their homework on faction population numbers rather than just pulling names out of a hat.

my concern are others. You can merge the servers, but if you do not change the situation that made most of the players to leave the game, the servers will continue losing their players and we will have the same deserted areas few months later.

changing the game to a more P2W focus and creating so huge differences between free to play players and NCoins players can give some fast money at the beggining, but makes the player database to decrease fast too. If you are not so sure about that, study what happened with RO. They launched the game as a P2W game. the first months they had a huge amount of players (and many money contributors too) but as soon as the players noticed that few players owned the servers just with real money, almost all left the game. Now so few players remain there, and of course so few of them pay something. (If you do not have lot of players to show how great you are, is boring to buy expensive things :P) And that game was really good and had all the nice stuff from many other games.

you also changed the game format so much in the last updates. the game was more focused on gear grinding and playing in groups with many roles. Now is more single playing and exp grinding. Roles are not so important now. So the players that you had are not the ones that prefer that.

Also, the cheaters were a huge issue in the last years. You did a great job about the bots and RMT and we all saw it and really apreciate it. But the players using illegal software to modify their speed, dps and other things, made so frustrating the game for the normal players. And IMO is even more frustrating for the players that paid a lot of money to get expensive gear and now they do the same than basic geared players with those softwares.

So, if the free players are frustrated about the huge gap with RM players and cheaters. RM players are frustrated about cheaters and few players. both of them leaves the game.

I don't disagree with you, Azzmaria, though I doubt anything will be (or can be?) don't to change (a) the direction the Korean Devs have moved the game or (b) ability for Support to catch (no tools and lack of understanding of Aion) and ban hackers. So yes, sadly.. Aion will continue to lose players slowly overtime as newer, slicker games come out. That's just reality.

To the OP.. there are "OP" players on every server. There are hackers on every server. There are Pay2Win Queens on every server. There are selfish potatoes on every server. There are also decent, fun to play with people on every server. There will be no "max exodus" from one server to the other. Small groups of friends may decide they want a change and switch over but I seriously doubt it is going to be anything that effects the overall population.

Housing is going to blow. Big time. Unless you have large amounts of kinah, don't expect to have a mansion or an estate and adjust how you play accordingly. 

On 8/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, Nyinu-KR said:

Housing is going to blow. Big time. Unless you have large amounts of kinah, don't expect to have a mansion or an estate and adjust how you play accordingly. 

That's what I did - I let go of my mansion/estate savings and am buying stuff to play with instead of just letting it sit in the warehouse.

I'd just give it some time. People were transferring, still are, still will be. It'll take some time till people all come together and build something new after the merge. I believe that the asmo faction might come back strong after this merge, but nobody knows for sure. Let's just wait and see!

I do agree with putting some restrictions on the housing... I've seen it in the past where a level +20 alt bought an estate and does nothing with it, which is frustrating towards an active player. Maybe there's something which can be done about this issue. ;/

Archived