[8.4] European Region (Gameforge) Patch Notes

The Secret Cow Level

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

Pff another name reset for Apsaranta legion quests. All the way back to level 1 again ><

Yea.. makes me even less motivated to level the current stuff.

I was sad to see this part. 😕 I'll miss having lugbug around. 

Missions

1. Deleted Lugbug’s mission.

2. The NPC Lost Lugbug/Lugbug no longer appears in the following locations: a. Red Katalam b. Dumaha c. Lakrum

3. Grinning Lugbug no longer appears at the end of the Fortress Battle

9 minutes ago, Alyta-DN said:

Yea.. makes me even less motivated to level the current stuff.

I was sad to see this part. 😕 I'll miss having lugbug around. 

Missions

1. Deleted Lugbug’s mission.

2. The NPC Lost Lugbug/Lugbug no longer appears in the following locations: a. Red Katalam b. Dumaha c. Lakrum

3. Grinning Lugbug no longer appears at the end of the Fortress Battle

This is the 3rd time they are changing names, every time it sucks we have to go back to level 1 and start over for 4/4 quests rewards.

...no more lugbug, I just saw that? Wtf how are we going to get transformation fragments etc? And what about our regional nerf of luna and the pouch being on 50-kill?

Edited by Arhangelos

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

This is the 3rd time they are changing names, every time it sucks we have to go back to level 1 and start over for 4/4 quests rewards.

...no more lugbug, I just saw that? Wtf how are we going to get transformation fragments etc? And what about our regional nerf of luna and the pouch being on 50-kill?

They can probably rework the luna box and any other reward into the Daeva pass somehow? Classic has that system already in place, it was only a matter of time for them to push it into our version as well. The only problem is that doing the quests on the passport just gives points to unlock the pathway. Maybe they could add a separate tab in the window specifically for daily stuff like they do with events. They could just revert the whole luna instance back to the original way it was meant to be. I'll have to check what the Koreans have in place for their fragments.

Every season they refresh the Apsa map so then there is new activity, this is not something new or surprising. 

The only good thing i see is glad getting its heals nerfed, it was waaay overdue. And stigma bundles being craftable. But everything else is not really something that will retain people.

First the relic is getting reset again, and the new quest has the holy waters non tradeable neither in broker or account warehouse, which means a  paywall on whoever wants to level a relic because im guessing there wont be any from quests again either, which will inflate the prices even higher.

The new transformations give massive advantage, 391 attack/120 crit hit collection and 660 pvp attack stat that will go over 1000 with enchanted runes. And they are again paywalled behind world bosses, which only one faction and certain legion in that faction seems to be the only ones getting and that wont be changing any time soon(+13 paragons and such), or from cash shop when they grace us with an RNG "event/sales" to give them thousands of dollars for the slim chance of getting them.

Danaria and Reshanta forts are now defendable and not reset every time and in Danaria  transformation can now be used , which means that elyos wont even have to take them now for most of the time or defend them with just a few xforms if needed, we are basically limited to only gelk forts recently, and now with them not having to take the other forts means that they can just come and take gelk aswell, because the number/gear disparity is that big. 

That "Treasure Hunt" minigame might be fun, but the rewards are just laughable and takes out the desire to go there after awhile, i get to the top and am "rewarded" with a single legion mark and a handful of Io crystals, well yeah im surely going there again, not to mention that the zone is pvp, so someone can stand on the bottom and attack me, when i cant even use skills while im on the rocks, good design choices there.

The Base raids were never adjusted for our population, making them pointless and getting bases reset all over again after Ardath or server reset making it now several times a week.

Probably missing stuff but that just on a first look. Yeah and apsaranta getting reset all over again is really offputting when theres no good way to get XP, i used to have over 25 dispatch quests to completed a week, now down to under 10, because of the dispatch level difference, and then ill be back to 4 again doing the same old boring stuff i've been doing for over a year. Its been now what 4 years with no major changes in this game?

I think the point of changing the quests  is to give players different quests to do rather than the mindless grind we are used too, I don't know why they reset the renown to be honest... having to farm the renown from 0 is super inconvenient for anyone from new players to old players... and seems to be a cheap tactic to give players something to do rather than create actual content for the game

8 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

They will do this a 4th time with Triniel/Vaiziel. 

https://aion.plaync.com/board/notice/view?articleId=6329747c63ab6036fee71139

I love the look of Lady Triniel but yeah... back to zero with the quests again.

The transformation fragments are going to locked to the Deava-pass I guess. :(

6 hours ago, Stormexia-KT said:

I think the point of changing the quests  is to give players different quests to do rather than the mindless grind we are used too, I don't know why they reset the renown to be honest... having to farm the renown from 0 is super inconvenient for anyone from new players to old players... and seems to be a cheap tactic to give players something to do rather than create actual content for the game

Yeah because killing 15/30 mobs over here is totally different than killing 15/30 mobs over there. It all becomes a choir after a few months now years. And with autohunting everywhere and all the stay logged events its clear that they dont even want you to play the game just be logged so that you go into the "active player" statistics to justify getting funded on fake stats, its easier than actually making content and all that "hard work".

3 hours ago, Fenn said:

Yeah because killing 15/30 mobs over here is totally different than killing 15/30 mobs over there. It all becomes a choir after a few months now years. And with autohunting everywhere and all the stay logged events its clear that they dont even want you to play the game just be logged so that you go into the "active player" statistics to justify getting funded on fake stats, its easier than actually making content and all that "hard work".

I mean... is an mmo... and is Ncsoft... also a lot of games that are lazy creating new content and have bad management  after a long time get this kind of automatic functions like you said just to justify getting funded but Aion problem is besides the lack of content the p2w that makes it hard for players to catch up

21 hours ago, Stormexia-KT said:

Killing 30 monsters this camp or the other camp, or destroying 10 or 15 or 20 bombs/crates, or killing this/that named monster in any camp has been the same formula since apsaranta was implemented.

18 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

The transformation fragments are going to locked to the Deava-pass I guess. :(

Lugbug has been one of the very few successful things ever implemented into the game and now they remove it.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

Lugbug has been one of the very few successful things ever implemented into the game and now they remove it.

Yeah but now they want to transition us into the FOMO model that they are doing on classic, where you would wanna pay not to play/grind the pass, or pay if you missed some of the pass rewards so you dont miss the best ones, or just pay/buy luna and get everything at once coz why bother. Why should the game reward you for playing it, when they can just set a price on your labor and totally kill the desire to actually play it. Its the bane of all MMOs lately. Why do you think they are doing all these daily login events lately.

Edited by Fenn

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

Killing 30 monsters this camp or the other camp, or destroying 10 or 15 or 20 bombs/crates, or killing this/that named monster in any camp has been the same formula since apsaranta was implemented.

1) is the same in all games is not something created by Ncsoft every single game when you don't or you don't want to p2w there are this sort of quests...

2)it is bad if they lock the lugbug or anything from the lugbug behind a pay wall because this will make it worse for new and free to play players...

As far as the lugbug gelk 50 mob idk since you know NC has the Ctrl+C Ctrl+V habit so its likely not gonna be something until we speak up on it after the update. For Korea they have the Mission list and there is an extra tab for event that pops up during those times with all that stuff they could likely put it there. If I remember right the pass is all the same stuff as the free just like classic and there are only 2 items in paid you don't get in free.

I don't play too often anymore but in Korea I was feeling like it took longer to get the fragments of all types but I also play a bunch of alts and don't just work one or two toons each day. The yustiel/lumiel thing the WB sucked but also there are quite a bit more players on Korea so it keeps one group of people from greifing the faction but the sale for  yes is the RNG we all despise but it cost me less than 400$ American for Lumiel. (Not that this is amazing deal) I'd say rng aside its about the same as we'd pay here, but Korean cash shop in general is slightly cheaper than NA and they offer more incentives in their cashshop with their VIP type system similar to EU.

End of the day whatever they dont do new stuff people will eventually get bored and play less or quit I hope new content comes the new pendant thing for the current patch of Korea is kinda nice but kinda shitty at the same time. Changing the Lv.200 benchmark to the mat needed to upgrade the pendant and not the oath stones kinda sucks since I still need oaths bad

On 9/30/2022 at 9:35 PM, Stormexia-KT said:

1) is the same in all games is not something created by Ncsoft every single game when you don't or you don't want to p2w there are this sort of quests...

2)it is bad if they lock the lugbug or anything from the lugbug behind a pay wall because this will make it worse for new and free to play players...

I simply replied to you saying that resetting the legions in Apsaranta is a means of renewing the quests so we do not feel bored doing the same things. The only thing that changes is the names, nothing else. also since 6.0 the one and only thing that pve is about is doing yet anoteh PF run... it has been like what 4 years now simply making the instance harder just to put higher rewards or whatever.

~

The first time we got these legion quests we would get +1 reward for 4/4 quests for every level. I had more than 20 of them to return and flipping a camp was much easier.

Now not only they limit the amount of rewards we can have and make the camp flipping impossible for solo or small un-geared groups, but right before we manage to reach a good level they go resetting them again.

I, as an Asmodian, can't even do all quests every time they are available because Apsaranta is constantly green and many camps nearly never flip to asmodian. I was about to make level 5 more than 1 legions and here we are at 8.4 resetting this once again!

Desktop-Screenshot-2022-10-02-17-44-36-8

Edited by Arhangelos

7 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I simply replied to you saying that resetting the legions in Apsaranta is a means of renewing the quests so we do not feel bored doing the same things. The only thing that changes is the names, nothing else. also since 6.0 the one and only thing that pve is about is doing yet anoteh PF run... it has been like what 4 years now simply making the instance harder just to put higher rewards or whatever.

~

The first time we got these legion quests we would get +1 reward for 4/4 quests for every level. I had more than 20 of them to return and flipping a camp was much easier.

Now not only they limit the amount of rewards we can have and make the camp flipping impossible for solo or small un-geared groups, but right before we manage to reach a good level they go resetting them again.

I, as an Asmodian, can't even do all quests every time they are available because Apsaranta is constantly green and many camps nearly never flip to asmodian. I was about to make level 5 more than 1 legions and here we are at 8.4 resetting this once again!

Desktop-Screenshot-2022-10-02-17-44-36-8

the quests we got with 8,0 and the ones we have with 8.2 are slightly different idk if you noticed but we didn't kill 15 balaur on site 10 and 12 every other day or kill the monkey mobs by site 4, 7 and 8... 

I assume the reason got harder to farm apsa is due to the fact NCsoft doesn't want people to get insanely geared too fast... but then again put almost no limitations during paragon events which has thrown the unbalances issues out of proportion 

And ill be honest with you the first week of 8.2 I noticed it was harder to flip sites and get the renown increased I only worried about getting at least 2 turn ins per week and that's it :v

13 hours ago, Stormexia-KT said:

the quests we got with 8,0 and the ones we have with 8.2 are slightly different idk if you noticed but we didn't kill 15 balaur on site 10 and 12 every other day or kill the monkey mobs by site 4, 7 and 8...
I assume the reason got harder to farm apsa is due to the fact NCsoft doesn't want people to get insanely geared too fast... but then again put almost no limitations during paragon events which has thrown the unbalances issues out of proportion 
And ill be honest with you the first week of 8.2 I noticed it was harder to flip sites and get the renown increased I only worried about getting at least 2 turn ins per week and that's it :v

The quests are indeed slightly different, but the routine is the same.

As for making it harder they simply ended making it harder for soloers, small groups or ungeared people. Because those are the ones that suffer exclusively from camp flipping being impossible.

I wanted to do all the quests both to level renown and to get more XP and the quest rewards which are rather good. But I find myself leaving the maps (and the game eventually) every time I go to apsaranta and see the whole map green and only 3~4 asmodians on the map that are either afk on base or auto-hunt somewhere.

Edited by Arhangelos

There are some quests that are indeed somewhat difficult and just plain stupid. One is this non elite mob that is cursed, and you have to break the curse by dealing a certain amount of damage. So far with 3 people we could not complete the quest, even though one person was a sin and he was geared. The mob just kept turning into an obsessed version and disappears and you have to try again in 5 mins. There is another one that you have to spawn right in the altars and you have to dps it. I was doing that and then the mob disappeared which means it was the same case and even worse the item used to spawn it; you can only carry one at a time with you. You have to find the vendor, buy it and try again. Truly ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, Briearios said:

There are some quests that are indeed somewhat difficult and just plain stupid. One is this non elite mob that is cursed, and you have to break the curse by dealing a certain amount of damage. So far with 3 people we could not complete the quest, even though one person was a sin and he was geared. The mob just kept turning into an obsessed version and disappears and you have to try again in 5 mins. There is another one that you have to spawn right in the altars and you have to dps it. I was doing that and then the mob disappeared which means it was the same case and even worse the item used to spawn it; you can only carry one at a time with you. You have to find the vendor, buy it and try again. Truly ridiculous. 

Best advice I can give u is... get +5 runes from there the dps should be easy even with kerub gear :v
also maybe that geared sin might need to slap the mob harder with his wallet... akakakakakakaka

On 10/3/2022 at 9:25 PM, Briearios said:

In Apsaranta?

16 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I have never had that quest in my life and I most often do them all (whenever possible). I have never had the issue with a mob needing dps and vanish.

It is a new quest introduced in 8.4. That one and the other one where you have to buy an item to spawn an elite mob right in the altar your race has captured. Another new one also introduced is killing mobs that are fighting shugo npcs to get 2 items to combine. That one is easy although for new players killing those mobs will take very very long. But this game doesn't get new players so meh I guess.

Edited by Briearios