Jump to content
Forums

New Class Announced for Classic


Shaidessa-KT
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Locke said:

Terrible. The game already has pay to win, bots, no GMs, an awful gamified daily pass, cartoons, and all the mistakes of retail. Having learned nothing, they're going to start adding classes.

As long as Korea is thriving that's all they care about. NC West was just another cash grab with minimal effort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the traditional NCSoft manner, i expect the new class to be extremely overpowered as was the case with every other new class they added since Songweaver. And when it comes to Vandal i remember more than half the server rerolling vandals when it came out, it usually takes them year(s) before they actually try any balancing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Overpowered may it be, this doesn't mean it won't stay overpowered. NCsoft has something called balance labs where they balance out the classes and constantly perform checks on the power of each class for quality assurance. It won't stay overpowered and it won't take long for them to fix any issues with it, just like every other issue NCsoft has addressed in recent history.

Edited by Edict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Edict said:

Overpowered may it be, this doesn't mean it won't stay overpowered. NCsoft has something called balance labs where they balance out the classes and constantly perform checks on the power of each class for quality assurance. It won't stay overpowered and it won't take long for them to fix any issues with it, just like every other issue NCsoft has addressed in recent history.

Right. Like adding P2W to the cash shop and events?

After showing a little bit of good will lowering price of Aura and Daeva Pass they went back 10 steps. It's always 2 steps foward and 10 steps backwards with them. Stop white-knighting please...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The new class is a dual-wield physical leather (read Sin on steroids) and will ONLY be for Classic.

New weapons are some sort of bladed tonfa. OG players may recognize them as weapons used by Balaur assassins.

(I guess NC was listening when we said "wouldn't it be cool if...")

1SvgPtP.jpg

Ajesx0s.jpg

RmP8vpu.jpg

^---- Discount Geralt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A new class is an interesting idea.

Still doesn't address the fundamental Aion Classic problem of massive gear inequality.

Aion 4.x had the right idea making the Blood Mark set,  which didn't require a group or alliance to obtain.

Classic has nothing like that.  I would have thought addressing inequality would be a priority over introducing a new class to gear up as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Noted said:

Right. Like adding P2W to the cash shop and events?

After showing a little bit of good will lowering price of Aura and Daeva Pass they went back 10 steps. It's always 2 steps foward and 10 steps backwards with them. Stop white-knighting please...

They have always sale items available for players. There are pros and cons to all these things, your comment makes no sense. Anything NCsoft does that you like, you always try to find something to hate them equally for. NCsoft can't help you with your love to hate behavior.

10 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

The new class is a dual-wield physical leather (read Sin on steroids) and will ONLY be for Classic.

New weapons are some sort of bladed tonfa. OG players may recognize them as weapons used by Balaur assassins.

(I guess NC was listening when we said "wouldn't it be cool if...")

1SvgPtP.jpg

Ajesx0s.jpg

RmP8vpu.jpg

^---- Discount Geralt

It looks like it might be an assassin with parry stats and on-parry skills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Edict said:

They have always sale items available for players. There are pros and cons to all these things, your comment makes no sense. Anything NCsoft does that you like, you always try to find something to hate them equally for. NCsoft can't help you with your love to hate behavior.

Wake the f up, dude. Look around. How many players do you see active daily? Is that really a "me" problem??????????????

So asking for them to stop with the P2W bs is now considered "unacceptable behavior"? Omfg! Hahahahahaha you are hilarious, I'll give you that.

Ask around ingame (if you even play the same game as me) to see how many people came back to playing just because of the cash shop P2W fiesta. And then ask them how many came back because they lowered peice on sub and Daeva  Pass. That survey should be interesting. Or not, because I'm pretty sure what will be the result.

So don't try and give me that bs that this is all in my head and no one else cares about the P2W.

The very first thing people are asking GF is to avoid the P2W as much as they possibly can...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 4:49 AM, Ponci said:

Bard is better. Bring bard pls!!

Yup, I agree.

Bard was the most flexible of the later classes, there are already a majority of Physical damage classes 5 vs only 3 Magic classes, another Sin style Physical class is silly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2022 at 5:24 PM, Edict said:

I haven't too carefully analyzed the class, but it looks like it has some balance issues. The 8 second cooldown teleport skill is a major concern.

It's way too squishy, though. I didn't like it very much tbh. Thought I'd enjoy it from seeing the weapons, but not really. And that teleport only works on players and it doesn't do any damage or alterated states of any kind. It's just a teleport.

Also Tankerking (a very well known KR Templar player) is in the process of fully gearing one after he did a poll during one of his streams asking people if they wanted to see more Templar content or a fully geared Executioner (or Executor) and most people voted for the Executioner.

You can check his past streams here https://www.youtube.com/c/탱커킹/streams. It's mostly of Executioner since november 9th. He already has full level 40e PVP gear, 40 PVP accs and Tac weapon +10 with a 50e PVP combine (probably bought it all in the shop).

Edited by Walled
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Walled said:

It's way too squishy, though. I didn't like it very much tbh. Thought I'd enjoy it from seeing the weapons, but not really. And that teleport only works on players and it doesn't do any damage or alterated states of any kind. It's just a teleport.

Also Tankerking (a very well known KR Templar player) is in the process of fully gearing one after he did a poll during one of his streams asking people if they wanted to see more Templar content or a fully geared Executioner (or Executor) and most people voted for the Executioner.

You can check his past streams here https://www.youtube.com/c/탱커킹/streams. It's mostly of Executioner since november 9th. He already has full level 40e PVP gear, 40 PVP accs and Tac weapon +10 with a 50e PVP combine (probably bought it all in the shop).

The teleport skill can be used like assassins in 4.0 used their flash / jump / dash skills and that can be a huge problem especially since it is low cooldown. It also looks like the class has great advantage over other players when there are mobs nearby for free procs on parry skills. I'm not sure about it's damage, seems less gear oriented and has no weapon proficiency, it does have more base damage on skills.

Edited by Edict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...