Weekly Server Maintenance - March 1, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Primali

7 hours ago, Super said:

are you guys going to fix the drop rates i feel like i wasted my money paying a sub after a year of break out of aion i feel like things are even worse 

One thing people misunderstand, is increased drop rates cause prices on the broker to go up.

This is because too many of the items that are dropped can be sold at the merchant for kinah, or the drop is actually kinah. That is pure inflation, there is way too much new kinah entering the economy.

One of the fundamental issues in  MMORPG design, is inflation.

If you want to learn more then read chapter  4 of "Designing Virtual Worlds" by Richard Bartle. 

The section titled  Closed or Open Economic Model where Bartle discusses the delicate balance between cash sources and sinks.

@Roseae @Primali

Can you guys confirm that drops will go back to how they were before the patch or are they staying as they are now? I.E. field monsters were dropping kinah, manastones, stigmas, etc. I want to know whether to keep trying to complete a return to the game or quit again for another few months/years before I waste more time getting gear I'll never be able to socket w/o RMT'ing in the shop or by.... other means.

2 hours ago, Cyfur said:

One thing people misunderstand, is increased drop rates cause prices on the broker to go up.

This is because too many of the items that are dropped can be sold at the merchant for kinah, or the drop is actually kinah. That is pure inflation, there is way too much new kinah entering the economy.

If you want to learn more then read chapter  4 of "Designing Virtual Worlds" by Richard Bartle. 

The section titled  Closed or Open Economic Model where Bartle discusses the delicate balance between cash sources and sinks.

Yeah, sure. Lets drop all player base, kill the game to solve the problem. Make 100% sense, bro.

You are sick. All players are quiting because dont have any loot in game. New players cant buy stigmas in broker,  late game players cant buy manastones or balic mats. 

Oh, maybe u can try dungeon with 3 players online in ur legion side.

4 hours ago, Lychee said:

@Roseae @Primali

Can you guys confirm that drops will go back to how they were before the patch or are they staying as they are now? I.E. field monsters were dropping kinah, manastones, stigmas, etc. I want to know whether to keep trying to complete a return to the game or quit again for another few months/years before I waste more time getting gear I'll never be able to socket w/o RMT'ing in the shop or by.... other means.

server will die in a month anyway

On 3/4/2023 at 8:04 PM, Cyfur said:

Your post gave some sort of cancer. 

I would like to know about this repeatable in tiak where you get goldmedals.  Diz it seems even in Korea the rewardsare the same.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Your post gave some sort of cancer. 

I would like to know about this repeatable in tiak where you get goldmedals.  Diz it seems even in Korea the rewardsare the same.

You are a bit late, they fixed it  last maintenance and now it gives a plat medal. The quest was "Investigate the Tiak Research Center Again"

2 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

You are a bit late, they fixed it  last maintenance and now it gives a plat medal. The quest was "Investigate the Tiak Research Center Again"

The event NPC will sell you a box that may contain a silver, gold, or plat medal, for 19 event coins.

Edited by Cyfur

If this Wednesday update doesn't fix a LOT or ALL of what's broken as is being discussed in this thread, we're out. So many people have and are continuing to leave because of the ineptitude of this company. It's unreal.

13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

If this Wednesday update doesn't fix a LOT or ALL of what's broken as is being discussed in this thread, we're out. So many people have and are continuing to leave because of the ineptitude of this company. It's unreal.

I know I am if drops and turn-in aren't fixed. It is w/e, was trying to get back into the game to fill in some boring late nights. I have other hobbies  I could throw some money at.

On 3/2/2023 at 2:39 AM, 1s920E2-KT said:

My 53 Cleric is in the same boat. We kept track of kills/drops in 100 kills......1 %^$% scale. There is something fishy going on and I for one dont like being lied to or stolen from. The money we spent is to get the full content of this game, since its not being given I feel everyday this has been broken we should get back. After all when you buy a comity, and its not what you were supposed to be given you are issued a refund right?

So question, is EU SERVERS a different version of Aion? Or do they just cut/paste Aion onto dedicated servers for EU region? Because if its cut and paste what makes you think EU will be any better? If NCS is up to something if they are crashing NA servers to cause a mass exodus and EU servers havent even come online yet.....what make anyone think they will ever see the light of day?

EU will be published by a publisher worse than NC. Still why would you start over on EU? Let's ignore if it's the same as now better or worse. Just why would you start over the same online game, that's old, which you played back in the day, again when NC launched classic, why would you do it for a 3rd time?

10 hours ago, Gwendel said:

I'd rather be lvl 1 than play a game that doesn't listen to it's players.

The publisher that will publish it for EU, won't listen to it's players either. So why start over on an old game for a 3rd time (3 including when the original launched)

19 hours ago, Clau said:

Easy enough, If they dont fix the drop issue we stop our Auras and move to EU classic

Don't move to EU classic, the publisher is worse, just don't play Classic instead of playing that over and over.

• Roseae unpinned this topic

Creation and discovery, one finds the new in the old in a manner of speaking.

Just why would you start over the same online game, that's old, which you played back in the day, again when NC launched classic, why would you do it for a 3rd time?

All for the sake of the story.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 7:33 AM, FictionGirl-DN said:

EU will be published by a publisher worse than NC. Still why would you start over on EU? Let's ignore if it's the same as now better or worse. Just why would you start over the same online game, that's old, which you played back in the day, again when NC launched classic, why would you do it for a 3rd time?

The publisher that will publish it for EU, won't listen to it's players either. So why start over on an old game for a 3rd time (3 including when the original launched)

Don't move to EU classic, the publisher is worse, just don't play Classic instead of playing that over and over.

FictionGirl: MY simple answer?  Most of us dont play because we like the publisher of a game. We play for the Lore and the fun of it. We play with friends or make them as we play, THATS what makes the game fun and why people stay or come back. Look at World of  Warcraft. As old as that game is atleast the DEVs add new content and listen to its player base, and keep it fresh and actually knows what maintenance means. That is why we keep playing or returned for almost 20 years. Obviously people like playing Aion or no one would be upset at the current events happening with it. If we looked at it the way you do, why play ANY game new or old...they are all the same: Make a toon, level a toon, craft some junk, battle the opposing faction, talk crap in LFG, gripe at the DEVs etc. If you look closely no one is bitching about AION the game, we are bitching about the lack of communication from those supposedly responsible for providing information about issues changes etc. Hope that helps?........

On 3/7/2023 at 8:59 PM, Rexsyth-KT said:

@Primali @Roseae we needs some real give back to the community everyone is tired of these delays we pay good money and almost everyone i know is about to quit again .... again after update that was sopose to worth playing we need more talking and more fixes too many things are broken!

Seems @Roseae can pop in to unpin (Mar 16) a topic but can not answer a direct question........