Weekly Server Maintenance - June 27, 2023 [Aion]

Wissp

• Aion Team

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 3:00 pm PDT / 10:00 pm UTC / 5:00 pm CDT and will conclude after approximately 3 hour 15 minutes.

Aion Maintenance Notes
The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Hungry Hatchling (Stormwing) Begins 
    • Duration: June 27 – August 22
    • Item/Quest Removal: August 22
    • UPDATE:
      • Earn 1 Storm Token for every 2 hours you’re logged in for a total of 12 Storm Tokens per day. 
      • 5 Storm Tokens can be purchased for 0 Black Cloud Coin from the Black Cloud Marketplace every day for the duration of the event. 
      • 10 Storm Tokens will be sent via survey on Weekend (Sat, Sun)
  • Transformation Coin Promotion Begin
    • Duration: June 27 – July 18
    • Item/NPC Removal: July 25
  • AN Daeva's Pass - Season 10 Begins
    • Duration: June 27 – July 25
    • Season Ends: July 23
  • AN Daeva's Pass - Season 9 Ends
  • Store Update (Disco Ball Party) Ends
  • Garden of Growth Ends
  • Growth Bundle Ends 
  • Glory Point Resets 

Known Issues:

• Daeva Pass Season 10 Jewel Item Name/Description not showing
  • Daeva Pass Reward Punky Punky Outfit Set Item Name/Description not showing

Lets see how they implement it first, before the storwing tokens needed to upgrade the egg were in lugbug, so now they are either going to be given for being logged, or integrated into the daeva pass, and i wouldn't put it pass them to even paywall it behind the premium pass, which would really be a middle finger to all of us, especially since they still haven't UPDATED us on their PLANS on luna acquisition, let alone an actual solution to a now six months issue.

Edited by Yetah

17 hours ago, Wissp said:

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 3:00 pm PDT / 10:00 pm UTC / 5:00 pm CDT and will conclude after approximately 3 hour 15 minutes.

Aion Maintenance Notes
The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Hungry Hatchling (Stormwing) Begins 
    • Duration: June 27 – August 22
    • Item Removal: August 29
  • Transformation Coin Promotion Begin
    • Duration: June 27 – July 18
    • Item/NPC Removal: July 25
  • AN Daeva's Pass - Season 10 Begins
    • Duration: June 27 – July 25
    • Season Ends: July 23
  • AN Daeva's Pass - Season 9 Ends
  • Store Update (Disco Ball Party) Ends
  • Garden of Growth Ends
  • Growth Bundle Ends 
  • Glory Point Resets 

Known Issues
•    Issue with being unable to acquire a New Chantra Dredgion "Defeat Captain Janata' Quest  -  TBA

PLEASE MAKE EVERYTHING FROM EVENT ARE UNTRADEBLE OR UNBROKER OR CANT USE ON ACCOUNT WAREHOUSE
Please make fair game , there are A LOT BOT users , they can feed one main charater with many accounts bots 

Edited by MfourAone-KT

5 minutes ago, MfourAone-KT said:

PLEASE MAKE EVERYTHING FROM EVENT ARE UNTRADEBLE OR UNBROKER OR CANT USE ON ACCOUNT WAREHOUSE
Please make fair game , there are A LOT BOT users , they can feed one main charater with many accounts bots 

True lol that's why we don't PTW anymore :)  not worth to spend money here 

To begin raising your Stormwing into the vicious adult it can become, you’ll need to gather Storm Tokens. These Tokens can be acquired through the following means:  

Earn 1 Storm Token for every 2 hours you’re logged in for a total of 12 Storm Tokens per day. 

5 Storm Tokens can be purchased for 0 Black Cloud Coin from the Black Cloud Marketplace every day for the duration of the event. 

Frustration with the Excessive Time Required and Being Online 24/7

Dear @Wissp,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep frustration regarding the excessive amount of time and constant online presence required in order to accumulate a decent number of tokens.

To begin with, the fact that I can only gather one token every two hours feels incredibly limiting. It means that even during my most productive hours, I can only manage to accumulate a meager amount. This extended time frame puts a significant strain on my daily routine and prevents me from engaging in other essential activities that require my attention.

Furthermore, the expectation to be connected 24 hours a day is both impractical and unhealthy. It is well-known that excessive screen time and constantly being online can have detrimental effects on mental and physical well-being. In this day and age, where work-life balance is increasingly emphasized, it is disheartening to be faced with a system that demands such a high level of constant connectivity.

Additionally, being tied to a device for extended periods of time greatly hampers my ability to engage in other meaningful aspects of life. Whether it's spending quality time with loved ones, pursuing hobbies, or simply enjoying some much-needed downtime, the constant requirement to be online prevents me from fully experiencing and appreciating these moments.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the current setup, which requires being online 24/7 and rewards such a minimal rate of token accumulation, is unfair and unsustainable. It places an unnecessary burden on individuals and neglects the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance.

I kindly request that you reevaluate the system and consider implementing changes that allow for a more reasonable and balanced approach to token collection. This would not only alleviate the frustration of many users but also promote overall well-being and productivity.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope my concerns are taken into serious consideration, and I look forward to a more reasonable and user-friendly system in the future.

Best regards.

55 minutes ago, GenericUser37243 said:

Frustration with the Excessive Time Required and Being Online 24/7

Dear @Wissp,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep frustration regarding the excessive amount of time and constant online presence required in order to accumulate a decent number of tokens.

To begin with, the fact that I can only gather one token every two hours feels incredibly limiting. It means that even during my most productive hours, I can only manage to accumulate a meager amount. This extended time frame puts a significant strain on my daily routine and prevents me from engaging in other essential activities that require my attention.

Furthermore, the expectation to be connected 24 hours a day is both impractical and unhealthy. It is well-known that excessive screen time and constantly being online can have detrimental effects on mental and physical well-being. In this day and age, where work-life balance is increasingly emphasized, it is disheartening to be faced with a system that demands such a high level of constant connectivity.

Additionally, being tied to a device for extended periods of time greatly hampers my ability to engage in other meaningful aspects of life. Whether it's spending quality time with loved ones, pursuing hobbies, or simply enjoying some much-needed downtime, the constant requirement to be online prevents me from fully experiencing and appreciating these moments.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the current setup, which requires being online 24/7 and rewards such a minimal rate of token accumulation, is unfair and unsustainable. It places an unnecessary burden on individuals and neglects the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance.

I kindly request that you reevaluate the system and consider implementing changes that allow for a more reasonable and balanced approach to token collection. This would not only alleviate the frustration of many users but also promote overall well-being and productivity.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope my concerns are taken into serious consideration, and I look forward to a more reasonable and user-friendly system in the future.

Best regards.

Totally agree with everything you put. It's a pity that they don't listen to us here. One option is that we all copy the text and use it in a support ticket.   but we are few

Edited by kazzer

Tokens per hour: 1 token/2 hours

Daily tokens: (1 token/2 hours) * (24 hours/day) = 12 tokens/day

Additional daily tokens: 5 tokens/day

Total daily tokens: 12 tokens/day + 5 tokens/day = 17 tokens/day

Now, we can determine the time required to reach 420 tokens by dividing 420 by the daily tokens:

Time = 420 tokens / 17 tokens/day Time ≈ 24 days and 17.04 hours

@WisspFirst of all, thanks for bringing decent events and ulti combine, I agree with what is being said above. Even if I just leave my toon afk it's not good for my computer and it doesn't inspire me to play the game. Just AFK. Also what happens if I want to play an alt and get the stormwing shards on it while playing the game. Then I wasted being logged in? These items should definitely be account tradeable. Otherwise you have created a ghost town where you can't log off the char you have the egg on. Last of all people that bot this game are having a field day. Many of the "Big" named players have 40+accounts that they use as bot accounts. They can use programs to login 40+ at the same time. Even if a normal player has that many accounts. They can only login 2 for the extra shards. Please make quest to receive the shards. Allowing us to gather on are main char in a reasonable amount of time. 

Thank you 

we are super happy with the events so far! many people has returned to the game!!!

please make the extra token to be delivered 1 every 10 min, so we can obtain the max amount after 2 hours, or 1 every 20 min, or 3 shards every 1 hour, so we can get the full shards after 5 hours, keeping us 24 hours connected is impossible and it will damage our computers for not powering them off, it will require us to spend insane amount of time connected only on the main character preventing us from doing activities on our other characters.

Also makes impossible for people to farm extra characters, other years everytime we get stormwing we have the chance to farm items that are non tradeable but the F2P can use them to catch a tiny bit at least with the players who can purchase Ncoin easily

if editting the time for adquire is too much, maybe you can add an extra pass like other events where we can do some daily stuff to obtain rewards, that would be ideal for majority of players so we can still have the freedom of play our other characters, sleep, go to work etc. 

41 minutes ago, Kosiita-KT said:

we are super happy with the events so far! many people has returned to the game!!!

please make the extra token to be delivered 1 every 10 min, so we can obtain the max amount after 2 hours, or 1 every 20 min, or 3 shards every 1 hour, so we can get the full shards after 5 hours, keeping us 24 hours connected is impossible and it will damage our computers for not powering them off, it will require us to spend insane amount of time connected only on the main character preventing us from doing activities on our other characters.

Also makes impossible for people to farm extra characters, other years everytime we get stormwing we have the chance to farm items that are non tradeable but the F2P can use them to catch a tiny bit at least with the players who can purchase Ncoin easily

if editting the time for adquire is too much, maybe you can add an extra pass like other events where we can do some daily stuff to obtain rewards, that would be ideal for majority of players so we can still have the freedom of play our other characters, sleep, go to work etc. 

I agree with this. since <[Event] Stormwing Development Coin> are unstorable in account warehouse.
this also limit us to do other things with our alts, afraid to miss the chance to get the coin and turn to waste on the alts inventory at the end.

If you cant make it like the previous event. at least give us an alternative to get the coins.

Yeah seriously, adjust the times, would be easier to change the coins to 1 every 30 minutes or 2 every hour, than making the tokens account tradeable. Forcing us to just stay on 1 char all day is really stupid. I doubt this time that you will ban the botters that run dozens of accounts at the same time so 6, 12 or 24 hours to get all wont make a difference to them, but would make a big one for the rest of us. @Wissp

Edited by Yetah

13 hours ago, MfourAone-KT said:

Literally *everything* on the drop table has always been untradable + unstorable in account warehouse. But Blessed Paragon Stones + Ancient/Sanctity Potions don't need to be traded *to* mains. The items they enchant can be traded *from* the main *to* the alt and back. So making everything untradable doesn't prevent anyone from feeding their mains anyway.

Game doesn't even allow you to actually "afk" for 24hs, we often get dc by just walking over there or the sendlog problems still happen even if you run the game at the best pc in the world.

Please you guys have to rework this event kinda immediately, there is no human possible way to farm this event

I honestly think the current stormwing event is ok as it is. 24 hours for 12 tokens which is reasonable.

You guys really think you guys can outdo the botters? This way is probably the best as the botters will find it not as beneficial to them to do this.

You guys only think from your own perspective . Tons of people cheat/bots and rmt. These botters going to make others fully geared. You think by gaining your own 1 account of stormwing event earlier means anything? lmao. The botters going to have tens of dozens of accounts thats ready to RMT for others people to full gear and you will find the game worse.

Do not change anything or alter the current stormwing event. 

Either ban ALL the botters OR you have to make events in thoughts of how to countereact/stop botters from ruining the game .

Think FURTHER, people. You think your 1 or few accounts of stormwing can compete with the botters who's ready to sell it all to other players whos willing to pay or cheat? They will be full gear and you ? Maybe 1 piece thats decently enchanted? 

@Wissp DO NOT ALTER the stormwing event. 

The botters are ruining the game.

Edited by WidWid