Is there plans for a new website soon/by 6.0?

Yak-KT

title

It's nice we can log into the forums now (may the old forums rest in peace) but the website needs a serious revision in [current year]

It's very outdated. Not only are some of the drop down choices broken flat out broken (go to servers lol, rip MyAion) but like 95% of the content linked within said drop down menus are flat out wrong or outdated now.  The classes page doesn't even list Songweaver, Gunslinger, or Aethertech released on June 26th 2013. Just 4.5 years old, no biggie.

That's not going into the Game Guide Wiki which has game launch information, which is only 10 years old.The abyss page still says the quests are for level 25 daevas. 

The stigma page is a nice blast from the past though, with a stigma shard chart and 11 slots available. 

The one part of the website that was updated after 4.0, the player guide (bless their soul whoever made this) is now both broken and beyond outdated. The level 65 page does not even work, and the levels advise you to do coin quests while leveling, and to do quests in Sarpan to get Kahrun Symbols for eternal gear, to go to Danaria and Katalam for Blood Mark quests, and to take a trip to the Eye to open treasure boxes for AP.

With the release of 5.8 and the [hopeful] eventual release of 6.0, bringing in a potential large influx of old and new players, can we have this monstrosity of a website redone?

tl;dr delet this nephew

I remember when I started playing this game, I had a choice between EU and NA. On EU website I saw the songweaver, gunner and AT, thinking it was exclusive to that region because I couldn’t find that on NA. Only when I downloaded the game and saw the classes it made me surprised. 

Yeah, the website needs a serious overhaul... The forums still lag for me sometimes and I know it’s not my connection, but at least it’s easier to login. 

24 minutes ago, Hime said:

When we get a new website, I think I'll be able to rest in peas. We've been talking about Aion 6.0 and are looking to kick up our proposal for an updated website. We can't promise anything, but we agree, the time is now with 6.0 in our pipeline.

I would love this. I really miss the MyAion feature. Sometimes you want to post something on the Forums under a specific class.

I don't care about a new website, since the best info are always on websites of fans/players. But if the purpose of the 6.0 is to appeal new players, a new website would be almost mandatory for you. You can't attract new players and revamp in-game maps, if the first thing that new users see (your website) is 5 years old. This definitely gives the (correct) impression that the game is abandoned and forgiven.

Eventually, just put a link to the GameForge's website...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 0:55 AM, Hime said:

When we get a new website, I think I'll be able to rest in peas. We've been talking about Aion 6.0 and are looking to kick up our proposal for an updated website. We can't promise anything, but we agree, the time is now with 6.0 in our pipeline.

It would be lovely to know more about the topics you've talked about/you're talking about regarding the 6.0 update.

What about a record breaking speedy release for your loyal western playerbase :D 

Archived