Massive DC/Sendlogs, Siege/Evergale AFK ppl.

Chibiusa-DN

Hi, i came to speak for everyone who is tired of the massive DC's and sendlogs, in sieges, Evergale canyon, and other massive events.

Today during the Divine Fortress Siege in Danaria Server, my entire faction got DC or Sendlog massively, i reconected fast and i was rrespawned in the zone near the entrance of eye reshanta, i had to re apply to the coallition, and there was only 48 players in the coallition... that means all other players got dc and sendlog at same time, that not a issue of the computer or players's installation, its a problem with the game server direct. Obvisouly nobody got their Divine Fortress reward, due after that massive DC every lost their contribuition, and coallition got reset, i assume asmos had the same problem due the take a bit long in take the fortress after that, and they were pretty advanced to own the fortress before the massive DC.

During the last Evergales i have got dc as can reconnect fast, so when i come back to the game the entire league is discconecteand the same with the sendlogs. Once you get this kind of poblems in your league most people lost the will of keep trying and they just go AFK. Also would be nice to have a system to prevent the massive AFK players during Eveergale, is stupid.. 80% of the runs you do quick entry is AFK, and mostly non AFK people mets AFK people inside the instance causing the faction with "less AFK people" to win.. which i think is beyond stupid.

Please @Cyan I really wanna ask you and to the Aion Team to do something about this 3 things, number 1, the problem of massive dc's during massive events like sieges and instance slike evergale; numebr 2, check out what's going on with the senlogs, sometimes i even get sendlog by doing nothing, i understand the game can have conflitcs when you open a windows, or have tp or something but when you are just stand in a town completli empty like Cygnea and you get DC without doing anything, is suspicious; and finally number 3, not less important, the AFK people in Evergale, they are truly killing the instance, it is fun, it is competitive, but they are ruining it, There must be a way to make them auto kick after a while afk.. or something.

Thank you for read and i Hope this issues get fixed soon as possible.

Thank you @Chibiusa-DN for taking the time to write such a good description of what happened last night, as well as the ongoing problem with the instance server. I've tried to deal with support, they go down the path of investigating/ diagnosing  the individual players's setup - whether it's the drivers, network, etc, etc.   

I would have hoped that the information that they have  in the files from  "sendlogs' was actually used and  was sent out to the development team and analyzed we might not be stuck in this situation, as  there's more likely some performance optimization that has  to be done, and that is outside of the player's hands.

I would just add @Cyanthat the effect of these DCs, especially at Divine siege, will be to see an ever decreasing number of people attending, especially from the weaker faction., and before the asmos rejoice, it makes for a rather boring siege.

5 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

*snip*

I would just add @Cyanthat the effect of these DCs, especially at Divine siege, will be to see an ever decreasing number of people attending, especially from the weaker faction., and before the asmos rejoice, it makes for a rather boring siege.

Did you miss the part where every Asmo also disconnected and our Coalition disbanded as well?

Don't blame a mass disconnect for your faction's inability to take a fort.

Evergale dc's happen to both sides at the same time.  This should be fixed sometimes it is just a sendlog sometimes it says internet cafe message.

As for divine siege as said happens to both sides at the same time as well dc's do not favor one side or the other or I guess it could if one side signifigantly outnumbers the other side as some don't seem fully affected by the dc's.  I mean on Katalam we could have 50% of the elyos dc and they'd still outnumber us as we get 70 asmos out for siege.  Why is this due to a number of reasons asmo laziness, no real leader, people tired of having to make tickets to get rewards (see laziness), so just make it for what it is show up get your gp and 2 purification bags for losing and move on.  Though this dc issue is alot worse since 5.8 came out then it ever was before and it needs to be fixed but don't say it only affects asmos or only affects Elyos because bottom line it just is not true.

9 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Did you miss the part where every Asmo also disconnected and our Coalition disbanded as well?

Don't blame a mass disconnect for your faction's inability to take a fort.

I never said that it was the reason for the loss. Nor did I ever state that asmos did not disconnect.

But don't be silly, of course it will further demoralize a losing faction, and disproportionately to a winning faction. Did you miss the part where the Elyos faction have only had Divine once, or the attendance over the past weeks?

This is an issue the should be fixed, that is what the discussion is about.

DN E had Divine when they brought over 500 people. Lol. Bring those numbers again and it is yours.

1 hour ago, Tyd-KT said:

Evergale dc's happen to both sides at the same time.  This should be fixed sometimes it is just a sendlog sometimes it says internet cafe message.

As for divine siege as said happens to both sides at the same time as well dc's do not favor one side or the other or I guess it could if one side signifigantly outnumbers the other side as some don't seem fully affected by the dc's.  I mean on Katalam we could have 50% of the elyos dc and they'd still outnumber us as we get 70 asmos out for siege.  Why is this due to a number of reasons asmo laziness, no real leader, people tired of having to make tickets to get rewards (see laziness), so just make it for what it is show up get your gp and 2 purification bags for losing and move on.  Though this dc issue is alot worse since 5.8 came out then it ever was before and it needs to be fixed but don't say it only affects asmos or only affects Elyos because bottom line it just is not true.

@Tyd-KT.. did everyone at Divine on KT last night DC?

The actual problem is the sendlog and the DC's.

That is what needs to be fixed, and if the actual issue is related to the number of player, whether in siege OR on the instance server- which it very well could be if there is an optimization issue- bringing more people would not help anyone at all. NC needs to look at the root cause of the DCs + sendlog in siege and/or the instance server (prioritize somehow) ..

Fixing this benefits everyone, irrespective of faction and server.

15 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

DN E had Divine when they brought over 500 people. Lol. Bring those numbers again and it is yours.

@Tyd-KT.. did everyone at Divine on KT last night DC?

No not sure what time your dc was though.  KT siege was done in 29 mins so 9:29 server time the deity was dead 

Just now, Tyd-KT said:

No not sure what time your dc was though.  KT siege was done in 29 mins so 9:29 server time the deity was dead 

Hmm. No. Ours went the full time and the disconnect happened in the last 15 or so minutes. Literally everyone at the siege disconnected. 

1 hour ago, Tyd-KT said:

I mean on Katalam we could have 50% of the elyos dc and they'd still outnumber us as we get 70 asmos out for siege. 

Only 70??? man I thought there would be much more asmodians than the ones you say you were, specially when i saw you guys doing presiege  with one hour of anticipation.

13 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Only 70??? man I thought there would be much more asmodians than the ones you say you were, specially when i saw you guys doing presiege  with one hour of anticipation.

70 and that is the most we have had in weeks.  Checked the coalition and was at 72.  We only had maybe 20 people messing around with Elyos in presiege.  as a faction only siege asmos care about is Panasterra.  only one we get 100 for.  The week we capped divine we had maybe 120 asmos against all your numbers which are typically 250 plus.  Siege wise asmos son't care so you are essentially fighting a dead siege faction.  For many of the reasons I stated we will never be able to pull close to what the Elyos can just plain and simple math.  It is funny Elyos need to presiege that hard with 3 times the numbers though :-)

6 hours ago, Tyd-KT said:

70 and that is the most we have had in weeks.  Checked the coalition and was at 72.  We only had maybe 20 people messing around with Elyos in presiege.  as a faction only siege asmos care about is Panasterra.  only one we get 100 for.  The week we capped divine we had maybe 120 asmos against all your numbers which are typically 250 plus.  Siege wise asmos son't care so you are essentially fighting a dead siege faction.  For many of the reasons I stated we will never be able to pull close to what the Elyos can just plain and simple math.  It is funny Elyos need to presiege that hard with 3 times the numbers though :-)

We have never get over 250 people in our faction, the most we have ever have is 220 ( yeah i know, 30 people difference, simple math blah blah 220 > 150 blah blah :P) if you come up with a good strategy, as you did on the second divine siege, with 150 people you can win the fort, as you did. That day we didnt do presiege but you did, as consecuence you had not only control of the artifacts most of the time, but also of the map, so we had to fly all the way in to the eye from the landing because you guys had a group flying around destroying our kisks, and with 10 minutes remaining you pop your xforms with the backup of all artis. So a good strategy beats numbers.

Now going back to topic, every time when EC is about to open, i have a second Aion window ready because i know sooner or later im gonna get kicked out of the game, i mean, it doenst bother me anymore because i know is going to happen, what really bothers me is havent seen any word from NCWest, please at least say something as "we know about the problem and we are working to solve it, is goint to take some time but we are going to solve it" but nothing, zero, no word, and at least in my oppinion, that is the worst thing NCWest can do. I dont know, maybe is asking too much to them to do something like that.

12 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

We have never get over 250 people in our faction, the most we have ever have is 220 ( yeah i know, 30 people difference, simple math blah blah 220 > 150 blah blah :P) if you come up with a good strategy, as you did on the second divine siege, with 150 people you can win the fort, as you did. That day we didnt do presiege but you did, as consecuence you had not only control of the artifacts most of the time, but also of the map, so we had to fly all the way in to the eye from the landing because you guys had a group flying around destroying our kisks, and with 10 minutes remaining you pop your xforms with the backup of all artis. So a good strategy beats numbers.

Now going back to topic, every time when EC is about to open, i have a second Aion window ready because i know sooner or later im gonna get kicked out of the game, i mean, it doenst bother me anymore because i know is going to happen, what really bothers me is havent seen any word from NCWest, please at least say something as "we know about the problem and we are working to solve it, is goint to take some time but we are going to solve it" but nothing, zero, no word, and at least in my oppinion, that is the worst thing NCWest can do. I dont know, maybe is asking too much to them to do something like that.

Yes we can win the siege problem is we have no leader and our attendance keeps dropping.  So without a leader and no numbers we may as well wait for lvl 9 buff at this point lol.  Gonna be 6 this week.  Until we can pull 100+ again no real point in trying and that not gonna happen until someone puts some work in and gets the numbers and leads.  Not gonna be me either those days and years done for me.

Also back to the point of this thread Nc really needs to let us know what is going on since 5.8 the send log/internet cafe/ dc issue has been really bad.  So the patch has been out for almost 2 months now and this issue has been persistant for that long so can you please look into it harder thanks

Archived