Shugos, Elyos, Asmos, and 62%

Quo-KT

Yo. So, while I'm waiting on maint. to be over, I figured I'd hit up the forums with a couple of questions and thoughts. 

grinds%20my%20gears_zpsqe6tbolr.jpg  

*Knowing that after this maint, my client will be stuck at 62% for 40 minutes when I have internet amazing enough to ping 80 from Atlanta to Beijing. :'D I know it isn't all internet-related. It's actually all Aion-related, but I love the game anyway. ♥

*That we can't change our profile pictures? We are an army of Shugo Deavas! :D 

Okay, rant over. I just came back to the game. *Waves* I don't know too much. I've never gotten past 50, but I'm a shallow deava. I want to at least get past 66, so I can try out those new hairstyles that I can't buy until I'm, you know, at least level 66. :D 

*1. Does anyone want to adopt me? You know I'll at least be getting to 66 asap. ;D I would like an active guild, so I'm not as alone in the game. I mean, I'm fine soloing. I can entertain myself (actually love the lore), but I'm sure that once I get to 50, I'm going to be at a loss for what I should be doing. (KT, Asmo)

*2. Also, one of my main goals is to become a support chanter. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Will I be able to stand at a distance and heal in PvE raids (or will it still be a combo of DPS and small heals)?

Thanks, everyone! I think that's all that's on my brain for right now. Here's hoping this post lands amongst a friendly community. ^_^/ 

Kissbye-1.gif

The best chanters of my acquaintance are willing to do both.. dps & heal. When they are asked to be full dps, they will put on their dps set and their dps stigmas and go to town, but will also step back, remove Rage Spell and use what little heals they have in dps stigs and heal when things are going poorly. When asked to be full support, they will put on their heal set and their heal stigmas and back up the heal cleric like a pro, but when things are boring and it's clear the the heal cleric has things in hand, they will step up and add what dps they have even when in heal stigmas to help kill things.

As a usually heal cleric, I love a good chanter. Love love love them. My legion has some wonderful chanters and I want to just hug them all.

Personally, I can't stand a chanter that refuses to help with heals and would rather see the group die in PvP or the instance run fail because they are just too good to heal a little. Even worse than that is the full/only heal chanter that stands there examining their manicure when they don't need to heal. Even I toss some dps when the group doesn't need heals. =/

18 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

The best chanters of my acquaintance are willing to do both.. dps & heal. When they are asked to be full dps, they will put on their dps set and their dps stigmas and go to town, but will also step back, remove Rage Spell and use what little heals they have in dps stigs and heal when things are going poorly. When asked to be full support, they will put on their heal set and their heal stigmas and back up the heal cleric like a pro, but when things are boring and it's clear the the heal cleric has things in hand, they will step up and add what dps they have even when in heal stigmas to help kill things.

As a usually heal cleric, I love a good chanter. Love love love them. My legion has some wonderful chanters and I want to just hug them all.

Personally, I can't stand a chanter that refuses to help with heals and would rather see the group die in PvP or the instance run fail because they are just too good to heal a little. Even worse than that is the full/only heal chanter that stands there examining their manicure when they don't need to heal. Even I toss some dps when the group doesn't need heals. =/

Amen and hallelujah. I love doing all I can as a chanter!  It gets so boring otherwise.  "wait for it... Healing Burst on that guy taking too much damage.  Whack-whack knock down that mob.  Thunk-thunk on the big mob, oooo my blind godstone procced.  Word of Life - HoT on the party.  Too many physical Mobs - Block Curtain."  So many way to help, I love it.

KT-A Ohhm

It's funny I remember farming the abyss forts for medals and just auto attacking the boss on my chanter cuz I was lazy. I'd be doing like 400k-450k just auto attacking while sorcs and everyone else who is dps dropping like 800k-1mil DPS. Chanters weave power to strong. I miss it. Chanter was my favorite class. 

3 hours ago, Quo-KT said:

*2. Also, one of my main goals is to become a support chanter. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Will I be able to stand at a distance and heal in PvE raids (or will it still be a combo of DPS and small heals)?

Kissbye-1.gif

It will be a combo of DPS and small heals. Chanters are NOT a healing class, nor are they a DPS class. We're a burst-support crowd-control class. If you've ever played a templar or a songweaver competitively, you'll pick up support chanter pretty quickly. On the other hand, if you used to play a cleric or a DPS class, the transition to support chanter might be a bit rough.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Even worse than that is the full/only heal chanter that stands there examining their manicure when they don't need to heal. Even I toss some dps when the group doesn't need heals. =/

200.gif

I was in BoS with another chanter last week, and the other chanter actually said at one point, "Oh was Van dpsing before?" Like yes...? The cleric was very good and didn't need me to hold her hand the whole time... lol. Am I just supposed to stand there and do nothing while the cleric has things under control? 9_9

Thanks! That actually sounds like more fun then. I always dps when heals are going well (on any game). ^_^ I'm sure it'll take some practice, but I'm looking forward to it. I appreciate the insight. That was what I was looking to find out! Now uhm, any guilds want someone who's still new? :3

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Do you have a bad/old computer? xD My craptop gets stuck forever on 62%.

I want a kawaii potato as my forum pic. :(

Aly covered chanters pretty well. There's a thread dedicated to them in the classes section of the forums, iirc. I'm on mobile and too lazy to find it. xD

Haha, thanks @Cheesecake-DN, my computer isn't bad. This is the only game that does this way on my pc. Love the kawaii potato pic tho!

Archived