Server Down in 60 Second?! No warning?

Pixie-DN

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the warning message wasn't typed by anyone.  when its just a 60 second warning its automated.  it means something went wrong with the hardware.  eg, overheating, power problem, something in the hardware malfunctioned or something in the server software had some sort of critical error.   Something crapped itself in the server room basically and the server shut itself down to protect the hardware.

I have seen this happen at least twice before with aion but the last time it happened was several years go.

Noone is at work, its a weekend and Easter as well.  We have to wait until someone from NCsoft either sees our posts here or on twitter and then they send someone out to hit switch the server back on.

4 minutes ago, Bunnies-DN said:

the warning message wasn't typed by anyone.  when its just a 60 second warning its automated.  it means something went wrong with the hardware.  eg, overheating, power problem, something in the hardware malfunctioned or something in the server software had some sort of critical error.   Something crapped itself in the server room basically and the server shut itself down to protect the hardware.

I have seen this happen at least twice before with aion but the last time it happened was several years go.

No one is at work, its a weekend and Easter as well.  We have to wait until someone from NCsoft either sees our posts here or on twitter and then they send someone out to hit switch the server back on.

^ This. Critical failure of some sort.

Did I break the server? What did I do?

On another account... just before the server crashed...

I sent a BCM item to a toon... a toon with the same name as a DELETED TOON... and the BCM item was confirmed as delivered TO THE DELETED TOON (identified by delivered toon's class matching my deleted toon's class) (deleted/new toons had different classes and same name).

Yeah, I'm going to have to file a TPS report about this, oh wait, I already did...

Just now, Fwirll-DN said:

Did I break the server? What did I do?

On another account... just before the server crashed...

I sent a BCM item to a toon... a toon with the same name as a DELETED TOON... and the BCM item was confirmed as delivered TO THE DELETED TOON (identified by delivered toon's class matching my deleted toon's class) (deleted/new toons had different classes and same name).

Yeah, I'm going to have to file a TPS report about this, oh wait, I already did...

Yea, um, did you get the memo on the TPS reports

1 minute ago, Riftwalker-DN said:

Yea, um, did you get the memo on the TPS reports

Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the lack of policy. The problem is, I just forgot this one time, and now we have to roll back the servers to a time I remember. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even a problem anymore, except for those who have memories.

8 minutes ago, Bunnies-DN said:

if anyone's wondering it's still offline.  Trying to log in gives this error:  "The selected server is down and you cannot access it. (8)"

i wonder what the 8 is for lol.

Clearly... "The selected server is down and you cannot access it. (but 8 players can)"

Archived