Giving Grove Disappointment

Spiritknife-DN

This event has disappointed me a lot this time around even from the first day. While it's good that people get another chance at getting the Caeus gear, I'm quite annoyed that only a handful of people will get it. Since only the people that hand in the seeds will get the Caeus gear, it completely destroys the concept of everyone working together to level the trees - instead it's just another competition that everyone's trying to win. I've already seen so many people on LFG asking for donations of seeds since people that have played the event in the past would still think the person who hands in the seeds only really gets a title. Meanwhile the rewards for the everyone else really aren't that updated.

Personally, I think it could've been handled better, for example if the grove gardener only got a harvester box (difficult gear to get but still very possible, whereas the Caeus you physically can't get without an event/Luna) and when one of the trees was maxed it would have a very small chance to drop the Caeus. That way we all could have a chance at getting it and people would be working together to level the trees, as the event was intended originally. Just a thought.

Agreed. I'm not cool with the Caeus box being a reward for upgrading the trees. In the past, I have always given away my seeds for free. Yesterday, I put my 100 saved up on the broker. That made me sad to do, but at the same time, I'm not going to (potentially) give someone a Caeus box for free. That crap is just too op for this game and should not be achieved because people donated it to you.

I think that's a mostly valid point, but that said, no one is walking away from this event with a full set of Caeus.  No way.  The people grabbing the seeds are going to get one box the entire event, maybe 2, which will surely be a boon for them, but the full set is where it's at for that set.  And purified at that, and I'm fairly certain the boxes are the unpurified stuff.  

I fully support not giving your seeds away.  Sell that stuff.  Yeah, it's a bit meh on community, but kinah is kinah and a lot of players are strapped with the enchant costs to keep up.  I sold mine.  I was appreciative of the kinah bump.  

I honestly thought the rewards were pretty well updated, especially for the Solemn tree.  Everyone is whining and calling people with +20 gear P2W( Despite us just recently having SFT and Daeva dash that rained that stuff if you were smart enough to start hording it and spamming it ), and you've got the possibility for FIVE omegas and FIVE temps, even if they're event, so just make sure you water the trees with your main and not your alts.  I was appreciative there wasn't a ton of outdated gear in this one unlike past events, even if the Hyperion Boxes were super useful for my bestie's cleric gear.  I was honestly hoping they'd put DD in the trees and not the AC sets, but that's prettyyyyy minor.  

Omegas, temps and m. felicitous socketings are mostly what people need these days, and probably +12 manastone bundles, and all of that is in there minus the manastone bundles.  There's even harvester soulstones.  I'm grateful that NCsoft hasn't been putting the Purified lvl 80 stuff or mats for it in events, and have been instead holding off on that so people run their instances ( EG/FM ).  

That set, please give me your Caeus boxes.  I promise to never actually use the gear, because I don't have the temperings for that, I just want those fishnets, ayyyye.  I hope we get it eventually as a skin, or it'll pop up as an event item in 6.0 like marchutan stuff is now for events as skins versus usable gear.  

Didn't we used to get a quest from the npc for 1 or 2 free nutrients daily? What happened to that?. No one is doing the trees on Asmo Danaria cause people are hoarding the seeds or selling on broker and no daily quest so trees aren't getting leveled.

Archived