New player info - Katalam server

MissClick-KT

Hello,
I am new to Aion and honestly confused about several things about the game. First things first - forum what is a difference between this forum and the one that can be found here. I am an EU player playing at NA server Katalam (Well at least I hope so :D ).

Since I mentioned Katalam, there is one thing that really bothers me. Where are the players? I am somewhere around level 65 finishing Cygnea map quests and thru whole this time it has been a lone journey. No party instances, no party exp, no raid bosses = at level over 60 I am still a newbie and have no idea how these things works. PvP didn't happen yet... Even If I play at servers 6pm-8pm time or so it is hard to meet players maybe expect sanctum. I use default channels.

Well if you don't mind here are some question about game itself.

I have level 5 warehouse, full 30 slots pet (temporary 14d) and 3 cubes in my own inventory full of materials keys etc. How much of them should I keep? I find out that some of low level crafting must be done with some of those materials, but since only one profession can be mastered I probably don't need all of it. Is there a list which things belongs to specific profession or what to keep in order to be able to build equipment at higher levels? Item description is not always helpful and search it one by one on the internet is tedious task.

Should I sell the armor and weapons that I get from farming to broker or is there a better way to utilize it? How much cost enchantment dust and when I do extract enchantment is it actually good way to deal with extra items? I learned about the rarity of items but since I have 55 lvl equipment from quest none of the rest is better.

Is there still a quest to get free cube expansion? Lot of guides on web (even the official) seems to be out of date. Current state of my game character. By this time my quickbars and inventory looks even worse.

Quite a log post. Thanks for any useful advice :)

//Edit: One important thing I forgot. What to do in The Abyss? Are there any Elyos players that actually fight for those fortresses etc.? I have read that when you have fortress you can by morphing recipes and actually use Aethertapping properly.

Longer answer soon, on phone'

Try selling crafting material on broker. Normal crafting goes away in next major patch.

Party XP decreases the amount of XP you get. It's stupid.

That forum is old, buggy one. This is new one.

All players are in Illuma/Norsvold, 66+. You level so fast from 1-65, no one sticks around to do low level things.

Some of the armor you gathered while farming can sell for decent kinah to a vendor. You can check broker, too, but a lot of that low level stuff is probably vendor fodder.

Most people don't hang out in the Abyss except during siege times. Flight pvp is super janky.

More later.

I wouldn't worry about anything but doing blue and yellow quests until you get to level 66 and go to Iluma. There should be some blue quests to expand inventory somewhere. Don't bother leveling crafting, it will be deleted soon. Just work on leveling your aetherforging. You can try to sell some of those mats on broker, but no one uses them anymore so might be smart to just sell them to an npc. Don't worry about gear, just use what the npcs give you until level 66. It's all really trivial as of now because of 6.0 coming around the corner that will change everything. Just get to level 66 and don't sweat it. You won't be able to get to level 75 before the next update because going from level 66-75 can take a year. The population is low now because most people are waiting until 6.0 to start playing again. I guess the most important thing  you can do now is just learn how your class works, make some friends, join a legion. The good news for you is you won't have to grind much and soon when 6.0 comes out you will be just as strong as everyone else.

Thank you for your replies. Just a quick question when you wrote crafting will be removed do you mean all of it including cooking, construction and alchemy, or it is just about armor crafting. My levels at these disciplines are not the highest by far but still I have spent a lot of definitely not fun time leveling it up O.o

Just now, MissClick-KT said:

Thank you for these replies. Just a quick question when you wrote crafting will be removed do you mean all of it including cooking, construction and alchemy, or it is just about armor crafting. My levels at these disciplines are not the highest by far but still I have spent a lot of definitely not fun time leveling it up O.o

Yes, those lower level crafting professions will be completely removed in 6.0 (in a few months). The only craft that will remain is aetherforging -- the 66+ craft. Aetherforging is an amalgamation of all the other crafts. You can craft gear/skins, foods, scrolls, and other miscellaneous items.

21 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

I would instead say this is the best time to start levelling up the old professions, if there is a skin or special item you wish to obtain before its completely unattainable. Like gear which you find good looking.

Nah, you ask someone else who already has it leveled to craft it for you and bring them the mats.

I am presently cursing my husband for realizing the durable drenium greatsword is going away, and he REALLY wants the expert noble/master skin.

I moved to Illuma and yes there are some peoples :) Hopefully quests show me the way after level 66. I sold most of mats and things I gathered so far and now I have only items I do not know what are they supposed to do. I'll try to catch on new crafting, enchantment and pets.

Thanks for all suggestions, see you in game. :)

2 hours ago, MissClick-KT said:

I moved to Illuma and yes there are some peoples :) Hopefully quests show me the way after level 66. I sold most of mats and things I gathered so far and now I have only items I do not know what are they supposed to do. I'll try to catch on new crafting, enchantment and pets.

Thanks for all suggestions, see you in game. :)

After 66, most of what you're going to do is instances, lol. Other people have more specific info on what and how to farm them for items and XP.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

Is there an equivalent of Lineage Noblesse Blessing in Aion? It is a buff that allows player to keep all effects/buff that player had before he was killed.

I found out that gardens around Illuma are not a safe place to go. I can't estimate level of those few asmodians but I have successfully tested that I am not able to even scratch them :)

Thanks.

You can avoid the surroundigs of the city, there are several camps around the map with a few quest each and the chance to find asmos out there is really low, however mobs will be higher lvl, you could do some  Group instances  to gain exp to like TTC, Adma, Drakenseer Lair, and some Solo instances like Luna Daily and weekly, Kumuki (only available for a few weeks) and Fissure Of Oblivion some ppl hate this instance but is not that bad! here i'm reposting some advices for FoO

Fissure still gives a Decent amount of experience Combined with Bonus exp Scroll, some really easy minion contracts, Ancient Coins, Spinel Coins, and a few tokens wich you can trade for Abyss Point, Titles, Wings or Reset Scrolls.   

- 1 if you find it slow use a Weapon with the highest Base atk speed available for your class and 19% bonus atk Speed (in bards case would be 9% only), and Gloves with atk speed doesn't matter if is not enchanted at all,

-2 Use Movement Speed and Attack Speed scrolls, the special verision  ones the 10, 30 or 60 minutes duration as these don't disappear when you switch elemental forms.

- 3 Socket a Blind Godstone  or Atk Speed reduction

-4 Use Fire Form the 80% of the time as is the best AoE Dps Form, only switch Elemental Forms when needed for fatties or last boss 

Assasin Mob weak vs Earth Form

Mage Mob weak vs Fire form

Special Mob weak vs Water Form

Warrior Mob weak vs Wind Form
(anyway the entire instance can be done with only fire form if you are good)

-5 The entire instance can be done with your toon naked, some ppl do that to not waste their Conditioning/Augment, but stats and PvE defence help, you can Parry, Block and Resist mob or bosses attacks

-6 Don't fall in the lava LMAO 

Here i'm dropping some youtube links from people of our community

Full_Clear_A_Rank_FoO

Full_Clear_S_Rank_FoO

Archived