Forums

What Do You Do In 6.2

Joe-DN

Didn't read the whole thread but there's a lack of content?? This is like the hardest i've PvEd ever. The 5.x patch had maps like norsvold and iluma that were hardly relevant besides the centre area because all the instances were concentrated there. Camps back in 5.x were meh cause the quests were unrewarding, now the entire map of lakrum is basically being utilised for mini bosses, bosses and quests. Of course with a map filled with content, players of both factions would be running around and sure a little PvP would happen but well I just deal with it.

9 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Didn't read the whole thread but there's a lack of content?? This is like the hardest i've PvEd ever. The 5.x patch had maps like norsvold and iluma that were hardly relevant besides the centre area because all the instances were concentrated there. Camps back in 5.x were meh cause the quests were unrewarding, now the entire map of lakrum is basically being utilised for mini bosses, bosses and quests. Of course with a map filled with content, players of both factions would be running around and sure a little PvP would happen but well I just deal with it.

One map with some content compared to all of those other zones, quests, instances, and skins to obtain. Things many people thoroughly enjoyed even if they were more or less ignored by a lot of the population. Many of us aren't concerned with diving straight into end-game stuff as quickly as possible. My friend and I took one last run through the zones before they were removed. We stopped outside of the Tlabs and noticed those giant ruins sticking out of the sand were hands. This baffled us so we took an hour or so to look into it. Turns out those were the hands of an Elysean super-weapon to use against the Balaur. Project Drakkanhammer was a massive golem that one man spent his entire life building and activating only for one of the dragons to destroy it in a single blast. The creator was so distraught that he killed himself.

There were so many secrets, so much lore, so many fun instances and zones to uncover if you took the time to really get into the world and it's environment. Now ALL of that is gone and completely erased from the game. New players will never know it even existed unless they know where to look it up online. New players will never know the terror of the scariest "boss" in Aion, Crab Norris. They will never know what it's like to hunt down Shugos that appear only at certain times on certain days to get armor skins of the enemy faction. They will never go to the Inn in Theobomos and for the first time have  PERFECT view of the Tower of Eternity in the distance.

Even the lore books in game (some which contained cutscenes for you to watch) have been removed from the game. I don't know how it is Asmo side but Sanctum's entire library is gone now. There was so much more to this game than running the same couple of end game instances over and over or smacking other highly geared players with your pointy sticks.

40 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

Even the lore books in game (some which contained cutscenes for you to watch) have been removed from the game. I don't know how it is Asmo side but Sanctum's entire library is gone now. There was so much more to this game than running the same couple of end game instances over and over or smacking other highly geared players with your pointy sticks.

Actually, almost every book was preserved. They were moved to Aldelle Village in Ishalgen/Akarios Village in Poeta and Convent of Marchutan/Cloister of Kaisinel.

2 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

One map with some content compared to all of those other zones, quests, instances, and skins to obtain. Things many people thoroughly enjoyed even if they were more or less ignored by a lot of the population. Many of us aren't concerned with diving straight into end-game stuff as quickly as possible. My friend and I took one last run through the zones before they were removed. We stopped outside of the Tlabs and noticed those giant ruins sticking out of the sand were hands. This baffled us so we took an hour or so to look into it. Turns out those were the hands of an Elysean super-weapon to use against the Balaur. Project Drakkanhammer was a massive golem that one man spent his entire life building and activating only for one of the dragons to destroy it in a single blast. The creator was so distraught that he killed himself.

There were so many secrets, so much lore, so many fun instances and zones to uncover if you took the time to really get into the world and it's environment. Now ALL of that is gone and completely erased from the game. New players will never know it even existed unless they know where to look it up online. New players will never know the terror of the scariest "boss" in Aion, Crab Norris. They will never know what it's like to hunt down Shugos that appear only at certain times on certain days to get armor skins of the enemy faction. They will never go to the Inn in Theobomos and for the first time have  PERFECT view of the Tower of Eternity in the distance.

Nani? Well, I only started when aion went f2p never understood the lore only cared about gameplay but ok, to each their own. Even my bg is a little bit of a nostalgic person so I can understand your point of view to a miserably small extent.

12 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Nani? Well, I only started when aion went f2p never understood the lore only cared about gameplay but ok, to each their own. Even my bg is a little bit of a nostalgic person so I can understand your point of view to a miserably small extent.

Yeah I've been kicking it here since the game launched in the west back in 2009. Granted my play has been off and on over the years, this patch is a particularly massive change compared to any other.

12 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Didn't read the whole thread but there's a lack of content??

Are you seriously man? Have you logged in since the v6 update?

There is ONE map. Again, ONE map. And shared with the other factions, which means half a map. All the mobs are the same, and drop basically the same (like 2 items). All the weekly/normal/all quests are basically THE SAME, killing 10-20 mobs (which you can barely do because the nyerking Asmodians are busting everybody's balls everywhere, at every hour of the day) and reward basically THE SAME, a potion, 100k and some totally useless exp because you got to 80 aprox. 2 hours after the update.

You can get from lvl 1 to 35 doing NOTHING but clicking Ok Ok Ok in the campaign quest, getting in the way all the equipment in the universe from that quest. There are no named monsters, other than the Leaders, that you can kill ANYWHERE. There are no quests other than the weekly ones, a couple instances that get ran in 1 minute, there is no way of making kinah for anything more than just the teleport costs.

Seriously, i'm quite sure that if there is not a rollback in content or some heavy modification adding more maps or things to do, Aion is gonna die really hard very soon...

46 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Actually, about the "useless XP", it is indeed not meant for you to level up. Its meant to give you Minion Energy so that you can use your Minion's skill in open world (alternative to killing another player).

I thought the xp for the minions only came from killing mobs. Does it also come from quest turn-ins?

5 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

and some totally useless exp because you got to 80 aprox. 2 hours after the update.

Patch notes page 18/19

3. Changed how Minion Energy is acquired. - A portion of XP from quests, monster kills, etc. are provided as Minion Energy. - PvP kills provide Minion Energy. - Removed the ability to acquire Minion Energy by spending Kinah.

4. Minion Points can now be acquired through XP from quests and monster kills. - Using other Minions to acquire Minion Points is still available

9 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

Are you seriously man? Have you logged in since the v6 update?

There is ONE map. Again, ONE map. And shared with the other factions, which means half a map. All the mobs are the same, and drop basically the same (like 2 items). All the weekly/normal/all quests are basically THE SAME, killing 10-20 mobs (which you can barely do because the nyerking Asmodians are busting everybody's balls everywhere, at every hour of the day) and reward basically THE SAME, a potion, 100k and some totally useless exp because you got to 80 aprox. 2 hours after the update.

You can get from lvl 1 to 35 doing NOTHING but clicking Ok Ok Ok in the campaign quest, getting in the way all the equipment in the universe from that quest. There are no named monsters, other than the Leaders, that you can kill ANYWHERE. There are no quests other than the weekly ones, a couple instances that get ran in 1 minute, there is no way of making kinah for anything more than just the teleport costs.

Seriously, i'm quite sure that if there is not a rollback in content or some heavy modification adding more maps or things to do, Aion is gonna die really hard very soon...

Nah thrs repeat quests to kill 20 mobs to give u more relevant stuff like genesis crystals. So I should be the one wondering if u logged in at all for this update. I didn't get what you meant by only being able to access half a map due to the other faction but there are teleports that you can use at each camp to get around the map if pvp is stopping you. I dunno about the elyos side but if your asmo its a pain in the arse getting to the last camp on the map at elyos side because nice positioning of the elyos coe/mirash entrance along the one and only road to that camp.

13 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

So I should be the one wondering if u logged in at all for this update.

Yes bro, everyday. I did all the "weekly" quests, all the solo instances plus half of the group instances in less than two days and got to 80 in less than 2 hours. Now i have absolutely NOTHING to do all day other than the daily luna quest or randomly wandering in Lakrum. There is no single thing i can do to farm Kinah; the mob drop, with coffin buff, barely helps covering teleport costs (20k for an armor drop piece? What are we talking about... xD).

Dude, don't be so stubborn, the game content HAS been drastically reduced, that's a FACT. The amount of available quests from v5 to v6 dropped like from 1000 to barely 50. The dropped item value dropped from millions to bare 10k. The available instances has been reduced to less than 1/3. Same with the maps, same with the titles (actually, there are like 5 titles now).

10 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

Yes bro, everyday. I did all the "weekly" quests, all the solo instances plus half of the group instances in less than two days and got to 80 in less than 2 hours. Now i have absolutely NOTHING to do all day other than the daily luna quest or randomly wandering in Lakrum. There is no single thing i can do to farm Kinah; the mob drop, with coffin buff, barely helps covering teleport costs (20k for an armor drop piece? What are we talking about... xD).

Dude, don't be so stubborn, the game content HAS been drastically reduced, that's a FACT. The amount of available quests from v5 to v6 dropped like from 1000 to barely 50. The dropped item value dropped from millions to bare 10k. The available instances has been reduced to less than 1/3. Same with the maps, same with the titles (actually, there are like 5 titles now).

Mob drops give craft mats which u can broker for kinah. Maybe like u said the game content has been reduced but lets face it, how many of those content in 5.x has been relevant at end game. Quests at end game in 5.x didn't give jack shit meaning no one bothered running around the map and doing them also meaning norsvold/iluma was dead besides the map's centre and instead of spamming all instance cool downs like now, back in 5.x all we did or most people did was farm some instances to cap on supplements to npc to hit kinah limit. So there is no point comparing available instance runs too if people are not going to use them. There is also no point comparing drop item value in 5.x to 6.x unless your a bot who open world grinds back in 5.x. Titles, again let me mention just how many relevant titles are there. Unless your one of those sentimental people or completionist I don't see how bad is 6.x compared to 5.x. Do I need to also mention an event is running now? You should be bz on all your toons especially if they are on the same account cause xforms r shared. Do u get the hint? If u aren't then I guess your priorities are quite wrong this patch and that would explain why after 2 days you have nothing to do.

Level alts. The gear you have at 80 is rubbish, can't be competative in instances so, it's beg for a carry or don't do them, in which case, nothing to do. Can't get gear because it can't be brokered and on the rare chance it can - you can't afford to list anything for more than 1 kinah - then taxes would take that so, it's pointless. No private shop so, have to pay broker fees but, you can't afford that so, you have nothing and, can't go anywhere because running like a snail all day to get across the map is NOT playing a game and, you can't afford to teleport or fly ANYWHERE.

Oh then there are transformations, forcing us to pay to see our default characters that we spent time carefully crating to look a certain way - then there are these two legged dogs, orange and purple birds, yellow tigers, the Coca Cola Bear and, skeletons and, other mobs in town but, you can't target any of them so, you can't kill them. (Yes I know it's transformed players but, that's how silly transformations are.)

Archived