Help with incomplete Campaign gear

Gallium-DN

When Awakened Legacy hit us, we all had some of our Campaign quests from our current region auto-completed on us without getting the rewards from said quests. I for instance, can not complete my Indomitable gear set because Taking The Wind Road was auto-completed for me and I did not get my Indomitable Chausses. This really sucks. I am suggesting here that there should be some new quests added to reward us the missing pieces, or add an NPC who sells the Gear.

For the Quest idea, you could add a repeatable quest (up to five times) where the players could choose one piece of the set per completion. It could be a simple quest, one that does not reward the player with a lot of experience, so only those who are unable to complete their sets would really benefit.

I have received some support for my suggestion on a different thread (Suggestions to Improve) and would greatly appreciate comments from the community here to get our GM's attention.

Same thing happened to several of my characters... all auto completed except for the last campaign with the top/hauberk/tunic in it.  

I'd like to be able to complete this in full, also so i have the full set.    It's a shame because the skin is actually really pretty.

Yeah, it is pretty disappointing to miss out on half a gear set just because the devs weren't kind enough to offer us an alternative way to acquire the pieces. Not sure why we weren't allowed to complete the campaign quests pertaining to our level range anyway. I have a number quests on my map that are six to seven levels below my own, but the campaign quests for those same levels were auto-completed for me.

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, JackvonDeker-KT said:

did anyone else get greatsword in the roye and cheska level box. because in my glad class I didn't seem to get any

You're a glad. What was offered to you? Polearm, dagger and sword? Those would be typical weapons for a glad. Though technically glads can use a greatsword (and a bow, mace and shield!), the majority of glads don't chose them. Rather than giving you a box where you could literally pick from 7 weapons while leveling (and risk that people who are learning the class do something silly like picking a shield or a bow), they give you much fewer choices that enforce that your class can dual wield or use a two hander.

7 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You're a glad. What was offered to you? Polearm, dagger and sword? Those would be typical weapons for a glad. Though technically glads can use a greatsword (and a bow, mace and shield!), the majority of glads don't chose them. Rather than giving you a box where you could literally pick from 7 weapons while leveling (and risk that people who are learning the class do something silly like picking a shield or a bow), they give you much fewer choices that enforce that your class can dual wield or use a two hander.

sword, dagger and polearm, just as you said. No greatsword was included which is a major inconvenient term for what aion is doing for players like me who favor greatswords. Also follow up do you know where the Fortuneers location is?, ever since version 6.0 came I don't know where they are anymore, and there not in cygnia(signia) or in sanctum. 

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

They no longer exist. The only group you can join is in Lakrum. You will get a quest automatically at level 75-76 that points you towards them.

then what about the deft leader gear I was trying to get. I had my heart set on the Deft leader greatsword.

The stats work differently. All weapons and gear now have either PvE or PvP attack -and- defense. (it's the last two stats on each item) When you enchant an item, it makes those stats go up. The base stats no longer change. Any old gear that you may have would be useless now as they don't have those stats. (Except in odd cases like the off hand in a dual wield for sins and glads. But you would have had to have had that weapon before the patch as you can't get them any more.)

Leveling is nyerk easy now, as I am sure you have noticed. You get all your leveling gear from questing and then you toss it out after you get the next set. It will continue to be that way until you reach level 75 and enter Lakrum. The beginning quests there will give you a level 76 starter PvE and PvP sets. Only after that will you actually do instances and camps and things to acquire your gear. 

If the weapon you "have your heart set on" is a pre-6.0 weapon and it was from back when Gelk was relevant, it no longer exists and would be useless even if there was a way to get it.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

The stats work differently. All weapons and gear now have either PvE or PvP attack -and- defense. (it's the last two stats on each item) When you enchant an item, it makes those stats go up. The base stats no longer change. Any old gear that you may have would be useless now as they don't have those stats. (Except in odd cases like the off hand in a dual wield for sins and glads. But you would have had to have had that weapon before the patch as you can't get them any more.)

Leveling is nyerk easy now, as I am sure you have noticed. You get all your leveling gear from questing and then you toss it out after you get the next set. It will continue to be that way until you reach level 75 and enter Lakrum. The beginning quests there will give you a level 76 starter PvE and PvP sets. Only after that will you actually do instances and camps and things to acquire your gear. 

If the weapon you "have your heart set on" is a pre-6.0 weapon and it was from back when Gelk was relevant, it no longer exists and would be useless even if there was a way to get it.

I just hope I get a greatsword in my lvl 75 gear. because I'm trying to lvl up as I log in everyday.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

Probably not. But you would be able to roll on greatswords in instances and get that as your earned PvP weapon.

omg. That could take a while considering how most pvp time take 30mins person round or selection. Does this mean I can't find myself with a greatsword that isn't in an instant dungeon.

8 minutes ago, JackvonDeker-KT said:

omg. That could take a while considering how most pvp time take 30mins person round or selection. Does this mean I can't find myself with a greatsword that isn't in an instant dungeon.

I don't understand what you mean by "take 30mins person round or selection".

If you are returning just now and last played back in Gelk days, perhaps you might want to consider that the game has changed a lot since you played and that a polearm is a much better fit for your class.

59 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I don't understand what you mean by "take 30mins person round or selection".

If you are returning just now and last played back in Gelk days, perhaps you might want to consider that the game has changed a lot since you played and that a polearm is a much better fit for your class.

Ever since I played Aion I have always used greatswords than any other weapon I own, and I'm not gonna change my weapon set dew to how polearms arm more popular.

...I'm so confused.

Polearms aren't more "popular," per se. They are literally how you're supposed to play gladiator and have been how you're supposed to play gladiator since the game came out.

If you want to use a greatsword, reroll templar. It'd take you a day to level it to 80.

Also, PvP gear now comes from vendors in Lakrum, using a currency you get from doing quests from camps in Lakrum, so you can choose a greatsword as your PvP weapon. You'll just get laughed at from Paris to Seattle because no gladiator uses greatsword in PvP, and, if you roll on a greatsword in PvE while grouped with a templar, no one will bring you with them ever again.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

...I'm so confused.

Polearms aren't more "popular," per se. They are literally how you're supposed to play gladiator and have been how you're supposed to play gladiator since the game came out.

If you want to use a greatsword, reroll templar. It'd take you a day to level it to 80.

Also, PvP gear now comes from vendors in Lakrum, using a currency you get from doing quests from camps in Lakrum, so you can choose a greatsword as your PvP weapon. You'll just get laughed at from Paris to Seattle because no gladiator uses greatsword in PvP, and, if you roll on a greatsword in PvE while grouped with a templar, no one will bring you with them ever again.

if thats the case then I will. Also how do I reroll my class is there something like that in black cloud market to buy or do I have to find it in other means.

Archived