The Old Aion

GenericUser26062

I hate the new Aion!!   Why did you have to do this to a great game the old Aion?....I PLAYED SINCE BETA...I dont think many of the old timers play anymore at least

not seriously

I am playing the new Aion but I really dont like it much....I miss the gathering . crafting and forts.   Why cant you give people the choice to play Old Aion or New Aion

I dont like PVP and this new game has to much. PVP should be in one area like they have in FFXIV.

I am an old timer and I am playing. I enjoy the PvP and feel like Aion has finally put the PvP back into the game. I hated the 3.0 content where PvP was contained in small areas. 

I am not posting to say that what you are feeling about the game is wrong or bad, but to show you that generalizing about all the "old timers" just isn't true. It's fine to miss the Good Old Days, but we had huge issues back then, too. It's too easy to look back with rose colored glasses.

5 minutes ago, Delessa-DN said:

Simply looking at the fact that gear wasn't such a factor back then and now is enough to make anyone think the old was better than the new.

The new is: gear = god mode, skill = worthless

The old was: skill = god mode, gear = not decisive

Gear has always been decisive. That has been the same since the first day of 1.5.

Anyone remember that twink Zot?  He would kill dozens of lv 50s with decent gear because he knew how to kite, isolate players, pot at the right time, use the environment to his advantage, etc... It doesn't matter how good you are now.  A lv 79 will almost never kill a lv 80.

People here saying that gear was always decisive forgot about 4.X Aion where Bloodmark gear was really good for "starter gear" and allowed you to compete with players in 65 A2 pretty much 1:1.

5.X and 6.2 are garbage in terms of gear disparity (the difference between starter geared players and max geared players is insurmountable with skill). Too many fights where you just see the damage that 2 players are inflicting on each other in the first few skills/hits and you already can predict the winner.

On 8.11.2018 at 4:04 AM, WhiteNight-DN said:

I hate the new Aion!!   Why did you have to do this to a great game the old Aion?....I PLAYED SINCE BETA...I dont think many of the old timers play anymore at least

not seriously

I am playing the new Aion but I really dont like it much....I miss the gathering . crafting and forts.   Why cant you give people the choice to play Old Aion or New Aion

I dont like PVP and this new game has to much. PVP should be in one area like they have in FFXIV.

Yup, I won't return back to Aion unless Gathering & Professions and Crafting come back. Serious Crafting.... And these 3 Quests to reach from Level 1 to Max Level are ridiculous. In meantime I have switched back to Lineage 2: Classic. The 100% opposite of what Aion is nowadays. xD

Aion had its best times, before Housing was implemented with Update 3.0 Ascension. What about to open an Aion Classic server? Would be awesome!!

Archived