Forums

Not a good time to come back?

Dingsky-KT

Hi everyone,

I've seen lots of old names asmos and elyos around. It has been nice seeing you guys again. Well I'm trying to get back in the game but reading at the forums it seems that it is not a good time coming back. The reason I've come back is wife, kids and nephews started playing it again. What are your thoughts?

It's still a free to play game, so you only waste your download time to come in and see how things are for yourself.

6.0 brought some big changes.. most of them unwelcome to a good portion of the player base. Change is rarely fun or easy, so that's understandable. It's much easier to level and gear to level is provided completely from quests. You can get a character from 1 to 80 in a few days of casual play. It's really that quick.

There is a good amount of pay2win. Enchant rates suck. And kinah is much harder to come by. But if you liked PvP before, there is plenty of open world to be had. If you liked PvE, the first "end-game" instance is a solo instance. The second is designed for three, but many classes can solo and all classes can duo. With the gear from those two instances, you can easily do the next two, which are both 6 man instances. With enough gear from those two(which may take some time), you can do the remaining two.

Some of the "quality of life" changes are going to feel really odd at first, but I know I have gotten used to them. Though that is not always the case for everyone. The biggest being that all scrolls (run speed, cast speed, attack speed, crit and all of the elemental resist scrolls) have been removed and a system of "transformations" was implemented. These transforms give varying run, attack and/or cast speed buffs as well as other stats, like physical/magical attack, physical/magical accuracy, physical/magical defense and heal boost. A big issue is that to use the transform, you get turned into that creature (just like candies from before) and many players don't want to be a furry or a skeleton or what have you. There are transparent transform scrolls, but those are harder to get and more expensive.

Much of the complaining you are seeing is about a lack of communication from NCWest with the player base. We get drips and drabs, but largely we are in the dark except for the occasional post saying that they understand our complaints are are working on changes. Ofc most of those changes have to come from Korea and they have never been anything close to speedy in their help for Aion NA. So that hasn't changed. Though that doesn't explain why we can't get the eye-bug fix (some characters have one black eye and one normal colored eye) that Aion EU already has or why the price for power shards can't be reduced to something reasonable.

You will undoubtedly have players post after me attacking me for being a white knight for NCWest, but if you read my post you see that I am hardly saying everything is great and NCWest is doing a bang-up job. I am not a white knight. What I am is a really long time player who sees things in what I consider a rational way. Whether you see things in the same way I will leave up to you to decide.

If your family is playing Aion again, I would ask them what they think and go from there.

Best of luck.

Hi Aly,

Thank you for your insight. I guess it is really up to us if we really want to get stuck with this game again. I am a hard core player when I am not at work. Like playing nonstop all day. from running pvp instances forts pve instance world pvp / zerging etc. Nowadays I see that after doing weeklies and instances nothing else to do but world pvp, so maybe that is a good way of balancing between real life stuff and game stuff. But this doesn't apply to everyone, most of the people that play this game, wants more.

I also agree with the very low success rate in enchanting, acquiring enchanting stones is a bit hard as well. I really hope NCsoft does something about this. 

Cyan has said that they are asking NCSoft Korea to give us the 6.5 enchant rates (which are better though not amazing or anything) now and provide us with greater access to PvP enchant stones, so we shall see on that.

I will often play alts during the day and my main for several hours at night, so I don't have the same issues that you have with running out of content. Though I can see how that might be tough with the way that you play. You can spend real money to reset instances (both PvP and PvE) with luna, if that's your thing. That will move your gearing up along quicker and give you more things to do. 

I left Aion NA and went to Aion EU after 8 years of playing here.

When they say they're reducing the amount of events and you see what they come up with to just have one for the holidays, well, I don't have to draw a picture for that. Even during holidays, they come up with a single bugged event which has even crappier rewards. A single legendary stone after 2 weeks of pvping and trying to shoot tree-hugging shugos? Come on, one of the events on EU gives a bundle of 10 legendary pvp stones, or 15 for PvE stones.

In Aion EU, they have 3 events at once during the holidays. they don't complain about having an event-driven economy instead of wanting a gameplay-driven economy by ripping away kinah from players and reducing events to a minimum to force you to play the game without focusing on events. Such things just drive players away to seek better servers, but they still think you'll spend even more money to replace those events or whatever.

Mirash/CoE bosses give 500k and 2.4m resp. (CoE's 2.4m is divided by the amount of players so in duo, each gets 1.2m, trio get 800k each and solo gets you the full 2.4m). Though I've heard this won't be permanent, not sure about how long this will stay this way. They want to implement Platinerk system or some Hero system, don't know what they are yet.

They have snowballs event atm, as well as lucky dice event, where you get 1 free dice every week and get 3 more every day from shop for free, that's 22 dice every week. Each roll gives a reward, like free luna bundle, enchant stones, transform potions or scrolls, abyss relics, potions, shards, ...

And they just had an event  that gave bouquets of Illusion, both free and from instance bosses, but was too late to get 6000 of them to get a free Legendary Weapon or set of wings, the ones you get from BoS.

They already gave me a free Gold Pack for 7 days via email to unlock every feature (broker mainly), since their broker is mostly off-limits for non-paying players. You can't buy or sell anything on broker, except gold packs can be bought as I was told.

This allowed me to buy another gold pack for 30 days from someone else on the broker using 26m kinah, so I can play for free and still have the same options as a paying player.

With that gold pack active, you can grab 40 luna every month from their shop for free, as well as a box that gives 30 shugo coins every day for 30 days. With 40 luna, you can do 8 rolls on luna shop (the one where you roll for treasure chests), they cost only 5 luna each, not 30 as on NA. I even got 2 free transformation contracts for free and I'll get them every week as well, even without gold pack.

When you have 3500 of those shugo coins (that's in 4 months), you can buy yourself a permanent mount, even without spending a single cent.

NA doesn't offer such perma mounts ingame anymore AFAIK (unless you already had one from earlier patches), correct me if I'm wrong. Also they don't offer free luna or shugo coins AFAIK.

Add to that a lower ping (I'm from EU): 30-150ms on EU server while having 200+ on NA. During siege, I couldn't even enter the fortress, my skills wouldn't trigger and my char kept jumping back and forth, all I could do is wait to get disconnected due to internet lag, even with SHIFT+F12. Joined 2 sieges on EU, didn't get disconnected once and skills work fine there. Even my son's game doesn't stutter on EU, his game on NA kept freezing for a second every 5 seconds or so. It's not his pc, because on EU, he doesn't have that issue.

I can join more sieges (6 out of 8 instead of only 3, because the ones at 9pm in the week are at 4am for me over here).

And they say Gameforge is more p2w than NA. At least you get some free stuff like a paying player, even without actually paying. Just gotta farm 25m or so every month to get all those benefits and buy a gold pack from other players off the broker.

Also the amount of players is alot higher. Past 4pm, when most people get off from school or work, Lakrum homebase is filled with players, about the same amount as on NA right before siege. But this amount on EU is not right before siege, it's every day.

Any reasons I should leave EU and stay at Aion NA?

51 minutes ago, Bardey-KT said:

I left Aion NA and went to Aion EU after 8 years of playing here.

When they say they're reducing the amount of events and you see what they come up with to just have one for the holidays, well, I don't have to draw a picture for that. Even during holidays, they come up with a single bugged event which has even crappier rewards. A single legendary stone after 2 weeks of pvping and trying to shoot tree-hugging shugos? Come on, one of the events on EU gives a bundle of 10 legendary pvp stones, or 15 for PvE stones.

In Aion EU, they have 3 events at once during the holidays. they don't complain about having an event-driven economy instead of wanting a gameplay-driven economy by ripping away kinah from players and reducing events to a minimum to force you to play the game without focusing on events. Such things just drive players away to seek better servers, but they still think you'll spend even more money to replace those events or whatever.

Mirash/CoE bosses give 500k and 2.4m resp. (CoE's 2.4m is divided by the amount of players so in duo, each gets 1.2m, trio get 800k each and solo gets you the full 2.4m). Though I've heard this won't be permanent, not sure about how long this will stay this way. They want to implement Platinerk system or some Hero system, don't know what they are yet.

They have snowballs event atm, as well as lucky dice event, where you get 1 free dice every week and get 3 more every day from shop for free, that's 22 dice every week. Each roll gives a reward, like free luna bundle, enchant stones, transform potions or scrolls, abyss relics, potions, shards, ...

And they just had an event  that gave bouquets of Illusion, both free and from instance bosses, but was too late to get 6000 of them to get a free Legendary Weapon or set of wings, the ones you get from BoS.

They already gave me a free Gold Pack for 7 days via email to unlock every feature (broker mainly), since their broker is mostly off-limits for non-paying players. You can't buy or sell anything on broker, except gold packs can be bought as I was told.

This allowed me to buy another gold pack for 30 days from someone else on the broker using 26m kinah, so I can play for free and still have the same options as a paying player.

With that gold pack active, you can grab 40 luna every month from their shop for free, as well as a box that gives 30 shugo coins every day for 30 days. With 40 luna, you can do 8 rolls on luna shop (the one where you roll for treasure chests), they cost only 5 luna each, not 30 as on NA. I even got 2 free transformation contracts for free and I'll get them every week as well, even without gold pack.

When you have 3500 of those shugo coins (that's in 4 months), you can buy yourself a permanent mount, even without spending a single cent.

NA doesn't offer such perma mounts ingame anymore AFAIK (unless you already had one from earlier patches), correct me if I'm wrong. Also they don't offer free luna or shugo coins AFAIK.

Add to that a lower ping (I'm from EU): 30-150ms on EU server while having 200+ on NA. During siege, I couldn't even enter the fortress, my skills wouldn't trigger and my char kept jumping back and forth, all I could do is wait to get disconnected due to internet lag, even with SHIFT+F12. Joined 2 sieges on EU, didn't get disconnected once and skills work fine there. Even my son's game doesn't stutter on EU, his game on NA kept freezing for a second every 5 seconds or so. It's not his pc, because on EU, he doesn't have that issue.

I can join more sieges (6 out of 8 instead of only 3, because the ones at 9pm in the week are at 4am for me over here).

And they say Gameforge is more p2w than NA. At least you get some free stuff like a paying player, even without actually paying. Just gotta farm 25m or so every month to get all those benefits and buy a gold pack from other players off the broker.

Also the amount of players is alot higher. Past 4pm, when most people get off from school or work, Lakrum homebase is filled with players, about the same amount as on NA right before siege. But this amount on EU is not right before siege, it's every day.

Any reasons I should leave EU and stay at Aion NA?

What even is this logic? 

Hello guys i am from EU and i really want to play NA but the NA region does not cater to me so please change your game to cater to EU only so NA players get inconvenienced please and thank you. 

P.S NCwest if you could move all the servers to EU so we can get better ping from EU that already have a version of Aion in our region that would be greatly appreciated.

Not even the European AION compares to the quality of the Korean AION! Play only 1 day in Korea and you will see how wonderful AION is when administered in a way to please the player, all for a cheap and satisfactory price, while here for the calculations it takes 4 months at least to have an ultimate equipment, there if it achieves with 1 month of game, until an old contract selectable for the account they give, besides minion grade A, 30 days of mount of 13.0, between daily win contracts and many other rewards, nor in privates servers saw so many benefits and the VIP Cost equivalent to 10 dollars with VIP Quna coin rewards, even without having a VIP you can get Quna doing daily and weekly quests on account

1 hour ago, Dingsky-KT said:

Hi everyone,

I've seen lots of old names asmos and elyos around. It has been nice seeing you guys again. Well I'm trying to get back in the game but reading at the forums it seems that it is not a good time coming back. The reason I've come back is wife, kids and nephews started playing it again. What are your thoughts?

Don't listen to Aly. It's an awful time to come back. Here's a couple things Aly said where she conveniently left out important details:

"But if you liked PvP before, there is plenty of open world to be had."

There's 3 tiers of gear now: ancient, legendary, and ultimate tier. They are color-coded yellow, purple, and red respectively. The difference between tiers of gear is massive. A player in red gear can take on a full group of players in yellow gear (if not more). Here's an example (that I've already posted in a different thread) to illustrate what I mean:

Check out the fight starting at approx. the 15:00 mark. There's also a few moments in the video where you can see absurd damage output on lesser geared opponents like the 42k damage Call Lightning on an Aethertech at 12:02.

Many players on the KT and DN servers were compensated with purple and red gear for gear that they had prior to the 6.2 patch, and a lot of players that didn't get compensated have been stuck with yellow gear because of low enchantment rates and low availability of Legendary PvP enchantment stones. A lot of pvpers (including myself) got tired of seeing gear difference being such a dominant factor in the outcome of fights and now we're playing other games and posting on the forums trying to force some changes out of NCSoft instead of being fools and grinding and dealing with ridiculous amounts of RNG.

"The biggest being that all scrolls (run speed, cast speed, attack speed, crit and all of the elemental resist scrolls) have been removed and a system of "transformations" was implemented. These transforms give varying run, attack and/or cast speed buffs as well as other stats, like physical/magical attack, physical/magical accuracy, physical/magical defense and heal boost. A big issue is that to use the transform, you get turned into that creature (just like candies from before) and many players don't want to be a furry or a skeleton or what have you. There are transparent transform scrolls, but those are harder to get and more expensive."

There's actually 3 main issues with the introduction of the transformation system. We have brought them up repeatedly and Aly is aware of all of them, but she chose to leave out a very important one (speed). Here's the full list:

1. Speed- You need at least Legendary (purple) gear and an Ancient contract to have approximately the same atk/cast/run speeds as you had prior to 6.2. This essentially means grinding, paying real money, and/or dealing with RNG to have what we easily had access to for years (everyone had the same speed bonuses on their weapon/gloves/shoes and old scrolls were available to everyone since they were cheap af to buy or craft and could be obtained in various other ways as well). A gear gap to overcome where one did not exist previously.
  2. Appearance- One of the best things about Aion is its character customization. A lot of players not only "don't want to be a furry or a skeleton," but they want their toon to look exactly the way they created them.
  3. Expense/Availability of Scrolls- Transformation Scrolls and Transparent Transformation Scrolls are overpriced (old scrolls were cheaper when you take into account deflation of the economy) and can't be crafted or easily obtained.

"Much of the complaining you are seeing is about a lack of communication from NCWest with the player base. We get drips and drabs, but largely we are in the dark except for the occasional post saying that they understand our complaints are are working on changes. Ofc most of those changes have to come from Korea and they have never been anything close to speedy in their help for Aion NA. So that hasn't changed. Though that doesn't explain why we can't get the eye-bug fix (some characters have one black eye and one normal colored eye) that Aion EU already has or why the price for power shards can't be reduced to something reasonable."

Lack of communication has been a huge problem but it's only one of the problems. The other problem is that it's been 2 months since NA got 6.2 and NCSoft hasn't fixed a thing (arguably they fixed one thing by giving equal access to Elyos and Asmos through Golden Sand Traders but the shards bundles are still overpriced). Finally, after heavy pressure from the community, they've just recently announced that they will raise enchantment rates and make enchantment stones more available, but who knows when they will actually implement these changes. Cyan said something like "look forward to more information in the next few weeks" so yeah....gonna translate that to NCSoon. And that's just the first fix. Who knows when NCSoft will start to tackle all the other issues we've tried to bring to their attention.

Here's a list of issues that have yet to be resolved:

Notice the lack of response from NC employees? I even bumped that thread twice with @

Also worth noting, there are some important issues that are not on that list (e.g. retuning costs too much Luna, switching stigmas requires too much kinah, etc.).

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You will undoubtedly have players post after me attacking me for being a white knight for NCWest, but if you read my post you see that I am hardly saying everything is great and NCWest is doing a bang-up job. I am not a white knight. What I am is a really long time player who sees things in what I consider a rational way. Whether you see things in the same way I will leave up to you to decide.

You have your reputation for a reason. I don't want to waste my time explaining right now so I'll just post some threads from October and November that exemplify how your posts on these forums have looked like for years:

Morrigan and Forgotten's posts in that thread are probably my all-time favorite forum posts.

Ah....the one-liner patronizing gif "Change is hard" dismissing the OP's concerns as invalid instead of staying on topic and discussing whether the changes Roguewitch brought up were good/beneficial or not.

Someone wanted fair pvp on EK (didn't want cross-server pvp vs. KT/DN because KT/DN got compensation gear) and you Liked Bryos' post which said: "Poor poor you. You went for a carebear server and noticed a minimal part of the game doesnt let you behave that way. Sad."

I'll end with some protips for you:

1. Nobody cares that you're a long time player. I've seen you mention it way too many times over the years as if it matters. You don't autowin arguments by seniority. And you're not the only player who's been around for a while.
  2. Constantly calling yourself rational does not make you rational nor does it make the posters you're arguing against irrational. Same applies to calling other people children and yourself an adult (usually you imply this). Same applies to describing people voicing valid concerns as "crying," "whining," or "throwing tantrums." Etc. etc. etc. In general, you should lay off the patronizing tone and hyperbole.
  3. If you can and are willing to tolerate/deal with idiotic changes, it doesn't mean other people should tolerate idiotic changes. Don't get in the way of those of us who are not merely trying to tolerate problems, but rather fix them.
  4. Do not strawman/misrepresent your opponent's position.
  5. Do not appeal to antiquity ("things have been this way, therefore they should continue to be this way").
  6. Careful with your wild accusations and false assumptions (you know which ones I'm talking about). Leave your own tinfoil hat at home before making fun of others for their "conspiracy theories."
  7. Yes I've been paying attention. Don't start playing the victim card when you've had it coming. "Oh no people are such potatoes why are they attacking meeee." Gee I wonder why.

20 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Damn, my guy, who hurt you? O.o

I get that you're one of Aly's buddies so you feel the need to say something..but Aly wondered why she is being "attacked" and why she has a reputation of being a "white knight." I delivered with some evidence. If she didn't want to get called out for her bs, she shouldn't have said it. It's that simple.

14 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

What even is this logic? 

Hello guys i am from EU and i really want to play NA but the NA region does not cater to me so please change your game to cater to EU only so NA players get inconvenienced please and thank you. 

P.S NCwest if you could move all the servers to EU so we can get better ping from EU that already have a version of Aion in our region that would be greatly appreciated.

That's not the point (ping issues and siege times).

Somewhere I also found that both versions should be kinda similar in features, or at least, that's what they want, to make the server retail-like as in Korea, which clearly doesn't seem to be the case.

But one server gives alot of free stuff, while the other does not.

I always played on NA because everyone said Gameforge sucks, doesn't listen to their players, playerbase sucks and so on, and is more p2w than NA. To me, it seems like the other way around atm.

Shouldn't Aion be Aion, where all servers are basically identical, with same prices, same items, same everything?

Hi Dingsky, good to see your name again. We fought on a couple occasions, mostly in arena.

At the moment it is a 50/50 split. I think if you're capable of being dedicated to efficiency and lots of mindless farming (wink) then you'll be fine and will probably enjoy the patch, assuming you get a few basic components covered like a decent transformation, prestige, etc...

Enchanting seems to be the biggest wall to climb this patch. Seems like it picks and chooses who it works for but we're seeing increased rates soon. Otherwise this patch, can be more repetitive than previous releases.

-Aftershock

Archived