Snowball Event

GenericUser24594

Should have known that snowball event would be a pay 2 win cash grab for all the players that want everything right now.

Lets see how long NCsoft can milk the whales before they realize that they are making a much larger disconnect between those that pay and those that play for free. I get that the game is dying and the only way to get anything from a dying game is to beg for money. I shouldn't be surprised honestly after how long i've played aion and how often i've quit that they still use cheap tactics like "events" as opportunities to pull money from pockets.

On top of all that you have to +10 snowballs? I don't even like enchanting stigmas... I'm okay with enchanting gear but the enchanting doesn't really do anything except increase damage. The development team had a golden opportunity with this game and honestly if you act like a mosquito and suck everything dry, you will be left with nothing and you will have to make other games to keep your company from going belly up. I've seen so many companies get bought out because of tactics like this. 

I am so nyerked off that honestly, Probably just going to sell all my stigma boxes to my almost "dead-new" server and see if i can grab as much kinah as i can for crafting. Even though i could rant for about 3000 words on how much they've taken out of the game and left us with nothing including the crafting system, what ticks me off the most about all of this is

NCSOFT COULD HAVE AT THE VERY LEAST, MADE SNOWBALLS DROP WITH A VERY LOW CHANCE ON THE WHOLE LAKRUM MAP AND MADE THE EVENT LAST LONGER!

Here is to hoping for a "fun" event one day. one that is both engaging and exciting and not just "oh hey look at that shugo in the tree"

I am curious what in that list triggered you to think this was a p2w event. When i look at it and think of all the big spenders all i see is everything they already have.

Legendary Daevanion Skill Box is potentially the only useful item for a big spender and why would they gamble on that when they can just pay people to run instances for them and feed them gold shugo's?

I just really dislike that every year the level requirement to participate in events gets higher and higher. Maybe i'd like to have my lower level toons join an event? It just seems pretty rude to not let any low level players (and therefore new players) participate in Events at all. There used to be high level events and events that everyone could join and that was both considerate and fun.

for a normal player who dont p2w view... i have 1 main and 6 secondary chars on my account (yes i play with all of them and they are all in process to be geared) so i have to choose my main to get the snowballs from all my chars to one... i got 17 snowballs (14 from the quest and the rest from failed snowball quest) after open 17 i only got 1 to +8 and then it failed, ok my day is done... i have nothing else to do, also a legionmate said he bought +50 snowballs and the only reward he got is +100 transform scroll (not even transparent) this event is BS just those who highly p2w might get something decent like a daevian skill book, but also for that doesnt worth to pay... ty @Cyan for hear the post we made yesterday!

5 minutes ago, Kosiita-KT said:

for a normal player who dont p2w view... i have 1 main and 6 secondary chars on my account (yes i play with all of them and they are all in process to be geared) so i have to choose my main to get the snowballs from all my chars to one... i got 17 snowballs (14 from the quest and the rest from failed snowball quest) after open 17 i only got 1 to +8 and then it failed, ok my day is done... i have nothing else to do, also a legionmate said he bought +50 snowballs and the only reward he got is +100 transform scroll (not even transparent) this event is BS just those who highly p2w might get something decent like a daevian skill book, but also for that doesnt worth to pay... ty @Cyan for hear the post we made yesterday!

It's RNG. I am sure there is someone out there who opened two snowballs and got a +10 on one of them and got a legendary daevian skill. And someone, like your friend, who bought 50 or 100 or 150 and got nothing. Snowballs have always been a gamble.

This event has gotten less and less amazing each time we've had it. This year is no exception. I remember having characters logged in all day long to get free snowballs and trading everything to my main and have a hundred+ each day to open, not getting more than a couple to +10 and then not getting the top prizes from those two. So the end result is pretty much the same. I am 100% sure that I will eventually get a +10 on my main and it will give me stars.. because RNG.

We wanted snowballs. We got them. They are less exciting then they have been, but that's pretty much the way everything is going now. 

I wouldn't buy a single snowball and now that the "deal" for 5 is 40 coin and not one coin, I absolutely will not. The gamble isn't worth it.

Archived