Aetherforging - Masterwork Crafting

Lad-DN

We should be able to craft the masterwork version of armor/weapons by using the "failed" versions if our RNG isn't good enough.

For example: if I wanted to make a legendary bow, and I had terrible RNG making ancient bows, it would be nice to have the option to be able to craft the masterwork ancient bow by using 5 normal ones. You could make the level requirement slightly higher than the normal craft as well. 

You still end up having to farm for lots of materials (or spend lots of money), but at least you won't feel like Aion is spitting on you as you fail to get the critical craft for the 12th time in a row. :(

Lvling aetherforging faster  would also help. I just made 100 legendary scrolls only to go up by 7 points. But it seems like everything is P2W. Been farming for mats for i dont know how long,using kinah like crazy to get the scrolls. I got full repose,full  DP and used berdin stars only to go up by 7 points. To me thats just a waste of time and effort

51 minutes ago, GoToHellAndDie-KT said:

Lvling aetherforging faster  would also help. I just made 100 legendary scrolls only to go up by 7 points. But it seems like everything is P2W. Been farming for mats for i dont know how long,using kinah like crazy to get the scrolls. I got full repose,full  DP and used berdin stars only to go up by 7 points. To me thats just a waste of time and effort

None of those buffs/scrolls you have used enhance your crafting. All it does is that it gives you more leveling exp for your character, not crafting. Not sure if I explained that correctly, but that's not the experience gain that you were trying to enchance!

3 hours ago, GoToHellAndDie-KT said:

Yeah, I'll be honest, in order to level AF I've been grinding out at least 200 legendary guiding stones a day for a week which takes awhile but it has paid off and I'm finally almost done with that grind. On the plus side, if you do this and save your ultimate stones you will end up with about 2k+ ultimate guiding stones to use for the next big section (240-280).

7 hours ago, GoToHellAndDie-KT said:

Yeah like somebody mentioned right above me, when you see the little "You've gained 12,000 xp! (Energy of Repose ----)" that's not actually counting towards the crafting level. You can get triple xp, but it doesn't make the amount you need to craft smaller.

There's specific crafting boost items. It was one of the ones you'd get from the pink quest NPCs every 5 levels in 5.8 when they gave you 1 for crafting and 1 for gathering. As far as I know the craft boost things aren't available at the moment. And I agree either making those available or giving us a craft xp weekend or something would be nice too for the people who didn't jump on aetherforging pre-6.2, or if people wanna level an alt's crafting since we can't account warehouse materials. :(

On 9/2/2019 at 0:00 PM, GoToHellAndDie-KT said:

mah dude leveling Aetherforging its a lot easier to do now in 6.2.  In the past we were forced to craft a lot of useless items, just throwing our kinah to the garbage to lv it up, but now every single item you craft during the leveling process its needed to craft the ultimate pieces

BTW as we are talking abour craft   WTS icon_item_equip_wing_f01.png <Ultimate_Masterwork_Conqueror's_Wings> +10   900 M or PM offer >_<

can't edit shiet 

Also if you think 100 legendary scrolls its too much maybe crafting its not for you. its needed 150 scrolls and 150 guiding to craft a single legendary weapon, so multiply that by 4 to maybe proc a legendary masterwork , then mutiply that by 4 again to maybe proc an ultimate masterwork weapon.  = 2400 legen scroll + guiding & 1200 ultimate srcoll + guiding, but this is with pretty good luck lol

On 2/10/2019 at 6:18 PM, GoToHellAndDie-KT said:

I used 500 legendary stones and 500 scrolls to make 100 legendary weapon scrolls. i already got over 400 legendary scrolls in my wh.

Mail them to me, please, thank you.

Seriously though, you'll be happy to have them all - the more, the merrier. None of the items and mats will go to waste. The fail crafts will become the much needed fighting spirits (if you craft pvp stuff, and please do) and manastone slot fasteners (at first you may think you're swimming in them, but once you start getting ultimate items, you'll burn through your  fasteners stash with the speed of light), and the legendary proc crafts will be your base for ultimate crafts (fails make for 1. pretty skins, 2. fighting spirits, and procs make for all kind of good things).

Good luck, and don't get too fixated on crafting. It's not meant to be your primary way of gearing up anyway, if at all, unless we're referring to those damn fighting spirits.

PS Petsafe roasted meat ingredient, anyone? O.o

Archived