Returning Player 1.7-5.1

Sjofn-KT

Hello, as the title says I'm a returning player and a big advocate against p2w.

However, considering this is Aion and I wish to be competitive in pvp early on, through the BCM will I be able to obtain a tier 1 or 2 pvp set?

If not will someone be able to share with me their experience on the pvp gear grind I can expect?

*Extra tidbit. *Love the game, honestly best for pvp action and the world is amazing, always throughout the years has been a big draw to play over and over, considering the success this game has in KR, and the lack of attention the developers give to the wests Dev Team it has the potential always to be fun, and that's important.

1. Am advocate against p2w

2. Am hypocrite and want to use p2w

3. Will BCM p2w systems embedded in Aion enable me to be fully geared tier 1 or tier 2 pvp gear, more quickly then without 

*Edit. The reason I'm asking for indepth questions before I just hop into the game and find out for myself, is my limited throttled internet will take days to download the game if ever.. (No exaggeration) and I'd need to buy a mobile internet box to play, even than it might not be great. 

I'm hoping the community can help me realize what I'm jumping into before I take the avenues I have to before I get committed again.. You know, its NCSOFT..

I guess you could p2w luna to reset PvP instances repeatedly to get the things you need to enchant your gear quickly, so you can upgrade it fast, but you still need to find people to play with who will help carry you.

There's also crafting the second best PvP set in the game, but that's all very expensive RNG, and I don't think there's anything on the BCM that sells right now for a lot of kinah, outside of getting the "kinah box" thing in the luna crafts for the day and p2w'ing the shit out of some luna to craft the boxes if you don't already have enough mats...

You also need to p2w a bunch of transformation contracts off of the BCM to pray for ancient-grade transforms at minimum. Start with the 100USD pack because I think it gives an ancient + 100 or so contracts.

If you want to enchant your stigmas, you can p2w with the stigma enchantment stones on the BCM. I think you don't need duplicates of the stigma and a failure doesn't break the stigma if you use them. Not 100% sure, but I think so.

I haven't logged in since the major updates, and it seems I don't know how to access the BCM on the Aion web page without purchasing Coin first, maybe the BCM is all ingame now?

The way you put it Cheesecake, don't mind me if I'm wrong here, but all the pvp gear is still medals and AP, and to acquire tier 1(through p2w) I'd need to buy entry scrolls and get with a legion that does daily entries sort of like when we all ran Eternal Bastion endlessly.

As far as stigmas and transformations.. Whatever xforms are..? 

Competitively speaking, the biggest sink p2w will be getting a nice xform.. Then maxing stigmas with BCM? Will having max stigmas and OP xforms make or break pvp 1v1 or zerg?

Mind you, I don't PvP; I suck at it, so I'm trying to do my best at passing information, lol. I've also been unable to play because of work and school, so I'm catching up, too.

Can only see the BCM while ingame. It's rather disappointing and sparse.

Were you here for 4.0, with the blood marks camps and gear in Katalam and Danaria? You do camps to get Genesis Crystals to get the ancient PvP gear (starter tier). There's also quests that reward the crystals. From there, you use PvP enchantment stones to enchant your gear to +15. Then, you use AP, fighting spirit fragments (from d/e'ing PvP gear, including crafted, and probably a few other places), and ridium (from PvP instances) to take your gear to legendary. You repeat that again to get to ultimate (top tier) PvP gear.

There is crafted PvP gear, and it's the second best PvP gear in the game. It requires proc'ing crafts multiple times, which suuuuuuuuuucks, and it's expensive. But it's good gear.

You use the luna currency (bought with the ingame store currency) to buy more entries to instances. PvP instances can give AP, enchantment stones, and ridium. Think like Dredgion and a couple others for PvP instances.

Transformations have replaced run/cast/atk scrolls. They turn your character into absolutely hideous creatures. There's white, green (greater), ancient, legendary, and ultimate transforms. You need at least ancient. You can combine duplicate transforms to try to get one of a higher grade.

Enchanting your stigmas improves your stigma skills, and, when all 6 stigmas you have equipped are +9, you unlock two more stigma slots. Also equipping six stigmas unlocks another skill. I think there's three different skills per class based on your stigma combination.

I FORGOT LEGENDARY DAEVANION SKILLS. You can craft one per week for 480k AP + 100 genesis crystals, and it's RNG which one you get. Instances have a chance of spawning the shulack that can drop ancient/legendary skillbooks. They replace certain existing skills with potentially more powerful versions. I think the closest you'll get to p2w'ing these skills is resetting instances and praying for a merciful god.

Your biggest thing in PvP right now is probably gear and a good group.

I need someone with way more experience at PvP than me to answer questions!

I was around for 4.0, I'm thinking its the same game with more pvp instances?

I'm assuming Ridium are akin to medals?

In which case I'd need to farm for the starter set of pvp gear doing dailies and pvp instances, and through those I will gain fighting spirit fragments, ridium and AP that I will then use to enchant my starter tier pvp set tier 3 -> legendary tier 2 -> ultimate tier 1. Is the initial pvp set just a chain of enchanting from tier 3 to tier 1? Or do I need a new set each shot.

I find the xforms hideous as well.. Ruins the aesthetic of skins.. lol.

I hear 7.0 is coming, if I were to start now would I make either the crafted tier 2 pvp or Genesis Crystal tier 2 before update? Am I doomed to get rolled by furbacks without a moderately geared group?

Ridium generally comes from PvP instances, maybe sieges, and Herelym Mine instance (PvE instance). I have tons of it already half-assedly doing PvP stuff, so I don't think it's too difficult to get.

I guess, if I'm understanding you correctly, you just enchant your gear to +15, get the required upgrade materials, and go to this NPC to upgrade your armor.

You probably have time to get the upgraded gear before the update. We don't have a solid date for it yet (my guess is Fall, but I doubt NCsoft knows, either).

Yeah, you're going to want a moderately geared group for best effect.

Woo, been reading PvP forums, looks like a grind. Can't wait lol.

Thanks for the info, lets hope my internet will hold up to game! 

Edit. Considering the state of the game it seems here in the NA compared to KR there is a lot more attention given in KR to the game in regards to events, what goes on the BCM and reward or RNG and allotted items for purchasing or participating in events, why in the west does the community seem to be given a hard time in so many aspects from the whoever is behind the curtain on the NA side, it seems like a lot of players are lost and maybe some of the tact used on the dev team side isn't holding some of player base as well as they could, almost to the avail the developers aren't really backing the idea of a healthy relationship with the community.

6 months to get the full ultimate pvp equipment only having prestige and about 4 months if you reset stuff. Those are not exact number, but a very good estimative. (actually it's easier to get AP and enchantment stones now, so it should take 5 and 3 months, respectively)

If you have the money to throw in a good but dead game, I'd go for the crafted gear which will take 1 month or less to buy everything. You should expect to use 3-4 billion kinah to craft the full set or 5-6 billion kinah to buy it off the broker. That is including accs.

Keep in mind that T1 crafted gear wont be upgradeable on 7.0. You would have to craft it all over again. Genesis gear will be upgradeable to T2.

Thank you konkers, if I get back into I'll probably just go for tier 2 GC, then supplement with crafted on some of the less important gear pieces.

There are no set effects I'm assuming and mixing GC and crafted can work right?

I'm a chanter so I'll probably GC Ultimate weapon and boots.

"Good but dead game", seems to always be the describing factor for Aion but still seems to produce fun content, how great if Nc pulled a revamped version of Aion, new optimized engine and a NcWest team with control over the decisions that don't end up scarring the loyal player base away.. I'd play a game like that.

10 hours ago, Sjofn-KT said:

Thank you konkers, if I get back into I'll probably just go for tier 2 GC, then supplement with crafted on some of the less important gear pieces.

There are no set effects I'm assuming and mixing GC and crafted can work right?

I'm a chanter so I'll probably GC Ultimate weapon and boots.

"Good but dead game", seems to always be the describing factor for Aion but still seems to produce fun content, how great if Nc pulled a revamped version of Aion, new optimized engine and a NcWest team with control over the decisions that don't end up scarring the loyal player base away.. I'd play a game like that.

That's what I did on all my toons, weapon and boots have to be GC because ot the casting/atk speed/speed. Other than that, the crafted gear is pretty much on pair with GC gear. Sure it lacks magic acc and acc on the retuned stats (you can't retune crafted gear, the stats are fixed), and it has a little less PVP attack and defense. But unless you find some crazy player running magic resisg or evasion, you will have no problems.

Also, PVP got much better on 6.0 imho. You can't one shot people anymore because of the amount of HP everyone has, considering your gear is on the same level, of course. PVP takes longer. It is actually very fun.

Aion has the best PVP combat for me. It always has. I love the animations. I don't know, I like it. 

Too bad they don't give West the desired attention. I quit again last week after coming back for 6.2 from a 5 YEARS BREAK and they haven't changed the way they run things over NCwest. It's saddening.

The PvP feel is the same for me, I can't find it in any other game.. I'm completely drawn in watching ranger vs templar pvp videos.

There is so much that could be done with Aion to make it more enjoyable or atleast less of a headache to think about why things are the way they are, and it is probably a lack of attention on the KR side, which is sad to say because you'd think the West team would be trying to do a good job.

Hopefully I'll be able to stick around long enough to grind out a competitive set, before I like many other vets up and leave.. Again, seeing as we all openly discuss the same sentiment when it comes to this game and why we consider it dead.

Don't play it. could take you a whole year to get geared up ready to compete. And by then all your effort will be useless anyways. The community is slowly leaving for greener pastures. And the nyerk you will have to go through is just not a fun experience. Only play Aion if you have thousands in the bank and nothing better to spend it on. And even then, still don't play it. You'll just pull your hair out, and not in a good way like, "Wow , this is fun and challenging." but in a bad way like,  "Wow, i feel like this game is trying to rob me blind."

@Sjofn-KT hey doing a raw estimate i think with 16k Ncoin u can buy half a Ultimate crafted set. IMO prioritizing faster gear up get crafted weapon, wings, helm, jacket, pants, shoulder, gloves and boots. And the rest go for GC Vindicator.

Enchant only your weapon and wings to +15 the rest of crafted gear just leave it +0 or +5 if u want. Even going full p2w takes time to farm stones and the materials needed to morph them. So i would save the stones for the GC gear that can be purified to the new Set in 7.0 

With ancient contracts that give 21%atk speed and 50% mov speed that little  2 or 3%difference between craft and GC is not big deal. Plus chanter have new daevanion skill with atk speed, celerity mantra and wow is now every 15 minutes with same durarion.

Archived