What the BOT?

Nightbreed-DN

Just curious as to when NCSoft is  gonna follow its own TOS and ban the bots that are everywhere? Don't want to hear they help the economy cause thats bs. They are more of a problem than they are a help. Gen Crystal kill quests take twice as long to do because bots are everywhere . It clearly states in  your TOS that auto hunting is violation. Do something about it.

Are you reporting them?

As far as we can tell, Support does nothing until they get enough bot reports. We don't report them and Support doesn't even know they are there. Yeah. I would make sense (and they have in the past!) for them to jump in game once a day and ban bots. They are pretty easy to spot. But they don't because.. Support. They kinda blow.

14 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Are you reporting them?

As far as we can tell, Support does nothing until they get enough bot reports. We don't report them and Support doesn't even know they are there. Yeah. I would make sense (and they have in the past!) for them to jump in game once a day and ban bots. They are pretty easy to spot. But they don't because.. Support. They kinda blow.

From what I have seen it takes many many auto reports for them to do anything and usually all ncsoft does is temporarily prevent them from looting and selling on broker but nothing really permanent.

The bots are keeping costs down or are trying to and even now it's a little more expensive then last month. If the prices get even worse then crafting won't be an option or just plain to expensive for a majority of people. We actually need more in non busy areas and that says something.

Welcome to low population servers.

8 hours ago, Lucimon-DN said:

Bots are beneficial to the serve now due to the changes in drops / trading what not.   Best not to disturb the bots or the next complaint is there is no way to make kinah to afford items on broker anymore.  Bots keep the costs low on broker.  

..bots are beneficial to the botters, if you bot you benefit from it. If you do not bot you are literally racing in resources against a program that can farm 24/7, never gets bored, doesn't have to sleep, has no other real life job other than grinding ingame and doesn't have children to feed.
Kinah sinking in the game is a real thing, but you do not fix this with bots, because most of them are kinah sellers or people that use them to their advantage.

Bots would have been "beneficial" if it was allowed and thus everyone did it.

I have a friend who used to manually farm guiding stones to get money from broker sales, but then he realized it was no longer profitable because bots dropped the prices so much that him, grinding for 1~2 hours per day like he used to is not profitable anymore, due to the bots overflowing the market with an abundance of mats.

Archived