Whats the lowest gear you can PvP in?

Setaira-KT

a mix of a couple ultimates and legendaries is pretty baseline, otherwise you won't hit much unless they're alts/returning players/ppl who play 30min per day

without mostly legendaries it's unlikely you'll even survive 1v1 pvp encounters (open world or otherwise) at this point, unless your class has strong survivability and/or escape mechanisms; most ppl running solo will have the proper gear for it i.e. what I mentioned at the beginning of this post and that's at the very least, if they're not full ult +15 ofc.

18 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

this is the most gear dependent patch Aion ever had.

tbh I feel that was the case in 5.8 too if you compared ppl in +15/not fully purified gear vs ppl in +27/30, but I guess there wasn't enough of those max geared ppl to make such a big impression as there are now

we were also fed so many events (by the time that ppl actually reached +27/30 or full caeus) that there was barely any time to really pvp (particularly 1v1s where gear difference really shows imho) and get destroyed repeatedly, compared to 6.2+

although I do agree some things are clearly put out of reach of 99% of the population like kaisinel, and most of the population will most likely not reach full ultimate +15 if they haven't reset pvp instances with Luna at all (and if they haven't had prestige or instance boost packs until now, it's more than likely that they won't even reach full ultimate +0) before 7.0 hits which is honestly quite nyerking sad

On 20/6/2019 at 6:04 AM, MemeDream-KT said:

Im returning again and got into a 1v1.  I outplayed them but had no chance cuz of gear... (Proof: i.imgur.com/M2I3LYu.png)

What is baseline gear that you need to do damage in PvP because this is just ridiculous.......... 

well i'ts been 8 months alrdy since 6.0 update, i think its enough time for any acitve Average player to be half Legenday & half Ultimate, so if you are ancient geared even all +15 most of the times you will get beaten.

BTW i see you used Seizure Arrow and that is an old skill, you should change it for the Advanced version ASAP just look for it in your skill tab, it's called Soul-Busting Arrow, damage is 35% higher, life leech is 80% instead of 50%, and cooldown 30 sec instead of 45, so its a huge boost, also u used it on the Sorcer, always use it on mobs! with a good crit on low def mobs you will recover a lot of HP.  (sometimes i recover like 50k HP  xD )

If someone is coming from scratch, say this month (yeah it's me) and just hit level cap... I grind 2 - 3 hours a day, or 5 - 6 hours every other day.. What sort of progression am I looking at? I'm fairly experienced with Aion, in older times, but I haven't mained in a long time.

Am I looking at a month? Two months? Three months before I see something like half ancient half legendary? 
Should I look at building into legendary and purchasing some crafted ultimate?

Just looking for the more efficient route I can take, but still be able to kind of fight if I need to I guess.

Mmm maybe 4 to 6 weeks to get full ancient +15 ? but that it just the easy part ,for legendary you need to gather, AP and Spirit Fragments, and enchanting legendary past +10 becomes a lot harder.

So maybe u can get 1 piece legendary to +15 every 10 days? 

This is pretty relative estimaton it all depends how focused you are and how you manage your time, how good is your RNG, or if you want to drop some money ofc things will go faster.

About crafted gear each passing day they become less and less profitable or useful because 7.0 its pretty close (my guess 45 to 90 days) and they can not be upgraded to new gear while current Genesis Crystal can be upgraded to 7.0 Tier 2 gear.

Even after saying this, i as a 2 handed dps class if you want to notice a big and fast improvement and you have kinah around from previoud patches i still recomend you to buy a Masterwork ultimate crafted weapon. Can be PvE or PvP it will work rlly fine in both aspects.

As even at +0 is better than a Legendary +15 genesis weapon.

I guess prices vary from server and faction. In KT-E they go around 200 to 350 millions maybe.

Or you can try to craft it yourself as you need the failed craft to de enchant to get the Spirit Fragments to purify you genesis set

23 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Mmm maybe 4 to 6 weeks to get full ancient +15 ? but that it just the easy part ,for legendary you need to gather, AP and Spirit Fragments, and enchanting legendary past +10 becomes a lot harder.

So maybe u can get 1 piece legendary to +15 every 10 days? 

This is pretty relative estimaton it all depends how focused you are and how you manage your time, how good is your RNG, or if you want to drop some money ofc things will go faster.

About crafted gear each passing day they become less and less profitable or useful because 7.0 its pretty close (my guess 45 to 90 days) and they can not be upgraded to new gear while current Genesis Crystal can be upgraded to 7.0 Tier 2 gear.

Even after saying this, i as a 2 handed dps class if you want to notice a big and fast improvement and you have kinah around from previoud patches i still recomend you to buy a Masterwork ultimate crafted weapon. Can be PvE or PvP it will work rlly fine in both aspects.

As even at +0 is better than a Legendary +15 genesis weapon.

I guess prices vary from server and faction. In KT-E they go around 200 to 350 millions maybe.

Or you can try to craft it yourself as you need the failed craft to de enchant to get the Spirit Fragments to purify you genesis set

That was a helpful response, thank you.

Truth is, I can probably put in 4 - 5 hours every day or more, girlfriend pending (I'm not about to neglect a lady!)

I'm fairly confident I can be somewhere "on the grid" by the time patchwork comes out.

On 20/6/2019 at 0:04 PM, MemeDream-KT said:

Im returning again and got into a 1v1.  I outplayed them but had no chance cuz of gear... (Proof: i.imgur.com/M2I3LYu.png)

What is baseline gear that you need to do damage in PvP because this is just ridiculous.......... 

...a ranger that outplayed a sorc? you are literally an anti-sorc class, so don't bring this specific pvp into this.

Back to your question: It depends on what gear the enemy has, if you are in ancient and he is in legendary he won, if you are in legendary and he is in ultimate, he won, if you are in ultimate +0 and he is in ultimate +15 he most likely won again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, Capa-KT said:

tbh I feel that was the case in 5.8 too if you compared ppl in +15/not fully purified gear vs ppl in +27/30, but I guess there wasn't enough of those max geared ppl to make such a big impression as there are now

we were also fed so many events (by the time that ppl actually reached +27/30 or full caeus) that there was barely any time to really pvp (particularly 1v1s where gear difference really shows imho) and get destroyed repeatedly, compared to 6.2+

although I do agree some things are clearly put out of reach of 99% of the population like kaisinel, and most of the population will most likely not reach full ultimate +15 if they haven't reset pvp instances with Luna at all (and if they haven't had prestige or instance boost packs until now, it's more than likely that they won't even reach full ultimate +0) before 7.0 hits which is honestly quite nyerking sad

Well, to give an idea of how difference of gear is at its worse in this era, just look at Better's old videos from the 5.0 era.

Sure, he could kill multiple people, even whole groups, but sometimes he barely survided even one or 2, and people would take awhile to die, but nowhere close to going through 3 shot rampage like he does now.

Now compare with this:

• 2 weeks later...

as   Arhangelos-KT said:

Back to your question: It depends on what gear the enemy has, if you are in ancient and he is in legendary he won, if you are in legendary and he is in ultimate, he won, if you are in ultimate +0 and he is in ultimate +15 he most likely won again.

I think this hit the nail on the head and cannot be more true. unless your a pvp god, the simple fact of the matter is  if your opponent has better gear then you  for the most part u simply lost plain and simply especially if they are a decent pvp'er.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:45 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, to give an idea of how difference of gear is at its worse in this era, just look at Better's old videos from the 5.0 era.

Sure, he could kill multiple people, even whole groups, but sometimes he barely survided even one or 2, and people would take awhile to die, but nowhere close to going through 3 shot rampage like he does now.

Now compare with this:

You also brought another issue here, class imbalance, the guy in the video probably belongs to the cancerous players where in 5.8 he played the ultra-broken templar which would never die and could aoe-kill a whole group and in 6.2+ he plays the ultra-broken gladiator which is as tanky as that templar and can also kill a whole group in aoe as well.

I never understood people playing stupid-op classes and making videos on youtube.
It is like an AT putting pvp videos in 6.5 or something, yeah you win we get it, it is not like you are a pro player, you simply play the class that is broken as f^ck at the moment.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:04 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

You also brought another issue here, class imbalance, the guy in the video probably belongs to the cancerous players where in 5.8 he played the ultra-broken templar which would never die and could aoe-kill a whole group and in 6.2+ he plays the ultra-broken gladiator which is as tanky as that templar and can also kill a whole group in aoe as well.

I never understood people playing stupid-op classes and making videos on youtube.
It is like an AT putting pvp videos in 6.5 or something, yeah you win we get it, it is not like you are a pro player, you simply play the class that is broken as f^ck at the moment.

Well, think about it, he could be playing painter, which is superderpy class.

8 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Early Aion 7.0 painters will not be that op in a placebo way, because everyone else is already perma geared while they will be running on legendaries. the moment painters start to gear in ultimates I think the people who didn't reroll will probably have to quit if this class is so op.

6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Early Aion 7.0 painters will not be that op in a placebo way, because everyone else is already perma geared while they will be running on legendaries. the moment painters start to gear in ultimates I think the people who didn't reroll will probably have to quit if this class is so op.

Chovegeta was playing a fully geared painter right at the release of 7.0, so if he can, others could too.

21 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Chovegeta was playing a fully geared painter right at the release of 7.0, so if he can, others could too.

Yes, Worse was also the governor when luna resettable instances gave GP just by doing 15 IBs per day, if he could do it anyone could do it, but he was the only one who paid to rank so much.

A few people that hop into the broken class in every patch will probably gear fast, the majority won't. There are still plenty of people playing since 6.2 launch and still are not perma geared, those people that will do the painter won't magically turn into p2w overnight.

BUT obviously we will have a version of Chovegeta in our servers as well for sure.

26 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yes, Worse was also the governor when luna resettable instances gave GP just by doing 15 IBs per day, if he could do it anyone could do it, but he was the only one who paid to rank so much.

A few people that hop into the broken class in every patch will probably gear fast, the majority won't. There are still plenty of people playing since 6.2 launch and still are not perma geared, those people that will do the painter won't magically turn into p2w overnight.

BUT obviously we will have a version of Chovegeta in our servers as well for sure.

Yeah, and Im already saving mats so i can craft my gear for my painter on day 1 of 7.0.

So, see you then.

On 21/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Yeah, and Im already saving mats so i can craft my gear for my painter on day 1 of 7.0.

So, see you then.

I already gathered enough enchant stones and AP and spirit fragments to turn my genesis into the top tier ultimate +15. But then again I play a sorc, not the most op class in game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/07/2019 at 6:43 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

On 21/07/2019 at 9:27 AM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Painter got nerfed in a 7.2 minipatch. Hard nerfed. Really nerfed. It is still strong, but nowhere near like it was when it arrived.

Also, this is not KR. They can buy enchantment stones from shop pretty cheap over there. It will take some time for people to be fully geared over here.

• 2 months later...

tbh pvp is a joke,  if you know your gonna run into or find out u ran into some of the  more well known players of the game who are  gonna be so geared is fkn beyond stupid and your still trying to play catch up on trying to get your gear  done you might as well just stand there and let them kill you cause u stand no chance in hell fighting them, u cant outrun them  they seem to have some or all of the higher level x forms where u cant seem to get any of them, your still if same class hit for say as a example 1500 theres hit for 6k to 9k, if its a magic class forget it they do so much dmg u dead in just 3-5 hits. and painters or vandals  thats another story in itself. i know this game is gear dependant as all hell now but this is getting beyond fkn stupid. if they want new players to try and play they game there gonna get fed up and walk away in no time flat cause they cant get a damn thing done at all .

Archived