Low level World Drop skins

Esgalhathi

On 04/07/2019 at 7:58 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

doesn't those new white gear works like Luna skins or Dragon Lord skins (1 time skins)? that once the item has the skin on it becomes untradable until you remove that skin.

That's correct, using crafted gear to pass the skins doesn't work, they're all 1-time remodeling.

a4560dbd55cecf4b800428d7ca09eafe.jpg

You can try to pass loot rights though, I know it works for getting  ancient gear on instances such as Eso and TS, not sure about white skins and open world. Most white skins that drops in open world can be found on instances too, so you should try that. But make sure you set loot as free for all and your character is within 10 level range of the mobs. Only group with your main too get loot rights after the item already dropped, if you have a lvl 80 holding group for a low level it won't drop anything.
And let us know if it works:P

On 7/7/2019 at 10:50 AM, Byebyebuffs-DN said:

That's correct, using crafted gear to pass the skins doesn't work, they're all 1-time remodeling.

You can try to pass loot rights though, I know it works for getting  ancient gear on instances such as Eso and TS, not sure about white skins and open world. Most white skins that drops in open world can be found on instances too, so you should try that. But make sure you set loot as free for all and your character is within 10 level range of the mobs. Only group with your main too get loot rights after the item already dropped, if you have a lvl 80 holding group for a low level it won't drop anything.

what about using Mentor mode and wait for the loot to open? 

4 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

what about using Mentor mode and wait for the loot to open? 

You cant mentoring otherwise the mobs will not drop gear anymore.

On 07/07/2019 at 10:50 AM, Byebyebuffs-DN said:

a4560dbd55cecf4b800428d7ca09eafe.jpg

The problem is with some particular skins, like EB and IS one, as the Dragon Lord something as well, whisch only drops from Cygnea mobs. :(

Didnt tried yet to wait the loot to open yet.. maybe gonna lvl up a toon to try that.

1 hour ago, Bjorn-DN said:

You cant mentoring otherwise the mobs will not drop gear anymore.

The problem is with some particular skins, like EB and IS one, as the Dragon Lord something as well, whisch only drops from Cygnea mobs. :(

Didnt tried yet to wait the loot to open yet.. maybe gonna lvl up a toon to try that.

EB skins drops from FM and BoS (Ancient Fog set). IS skins drops from TS and Rentus (Heartwave set). If by Dragon Lord you actually mean the Ophidan skins (balic crafted gear from 4.0), you can also drop them from BT (Bronzefang set). Problem is that BT mobs have a lot of hp nowadays, might be hard to kill with a lowbie, so yes, open world would be the way (I feel that instances have a better drop rate for white gears than open world though).

Now Good news! :D
About passing looting rights from open world mobs, I just made a test, and it worked! Had a lowbie holding group and set loot as free for all. Despite being open world, you have to be in a group for this to work, I tried to do this solo, but then the mob disappears before the loot opens.

ce9902bda69004f53a9c5f7802c18293.jpg

^yeah but for besh. Didn't try for anything else. what i do is have a level 50 55 and my main, 50 to mentor and 55 to loot. but legendary and maybe ancients can't be looted with the way i have it set up. even the souvenir can't be passed.

Hm, since you have 3 characters at the group, do you put the piece on roll and pass on both alts before going to loot with your main?

Anyway, I'll try Besh later to see how it goes.

Edit: Oh, maybe its because you're mentoring. I don't think loot rights work with mentoring :(

My opinion.

From 6.x version the clothes, the appearance and the skins became insignificant. I think the cosmetic in AION was ruined because of the transformations. Acquiring a transparent item has definitely weakened people's interest in the game.

Archived