3 Weeks W/out Evergale Canyon

Aly-DN

It's been just over 3 weeks since Evergale Canyon was disabled to allow the staff to fix the exploit. Disabling the ability to kick anyone from the instance would fix the issue. We have had this ability disabled in the past, so we know that it isn't something hard for Korea to code for us. Asking, "What's taking so long?" isn't helpful, though I really do wonder why this couldn't have been addressed in a week or two.

We need the instance returned to us. Without it on the three days where we should have entrances it can be tough to complete our lugbug dailies as one of the options requires the instance. Also, for those of us that didn't exploit the bug, we are even further behind in acquiring the items we need to upgrade our PvP gear. So basically we are at a double disadvantage.

We also need word on what you will be doing to level the playing field between those who chose to exploit Evergale and those that did not.

Any word on where you guys are in the process on fixing the exploit and on punishments for the abusers would be greatly appreciated.

I urge every prestige user to write support and ask for a refund for their prestige.  It's literal theft; because that's how many promised resets we're not getting?

Do it.  If they say no the first time, follow up with a new angry letter, and ask for someone above them.  Ask for a senior support member and clearly communicate how fed up you are with paying for things you're not getting.  Additionally, complain that the rewards are out of date.  Complain enough, and you'll get a refund.  Did it with the AP bug.  Took quite a bit of channeling my inner Karen, but it worked and maybe it'll give them a good kick in the pants to disable the kick function, and return it, because you know that's what they're gonna do.  Lol.  

34 minutes ago, Shavera-DN said:

I urge every prestige user to write support and ask for a refund for their prestige.  It's literal theft; because that's how many promised resets we're not getting?

Do it.  If they say no the first time, follow up with a new angry letter, and ask for someone above them.  Ask for a senior support member and clearly communicate how fed up you are with paying for things you're not getting.  Additionally, complain that the rewards are out of date.  Complain enough, and you'll get a refund.  Did it with the AP bug.  Took quite a bit of channeling my inner Karen, but it worked and maybe it'll give them a good kick in the pants to disable the kick function, and return it, because you know that's what they're gonna do.  Lol.  

Oh ima do that right now.  Ill get my friends to do it too.

I'm more frustrated by the complete lack of communication from NCWest, and by the completely idiotic decision to disable the instance, instead of just disabling the "feature" that was causing the bugs. But I guess you can't expect much from monkeys. Just gotta keep swiping my card and maybe once my mortgage is maxed out, NCWest might feel inclined to comment on the issue.

My gripe is that the people who abused it are geared af and still in game getting all the advantages those upgrades give like facerolling dredge and ID, which throttles the progression for those who didn't exploit.

Also the longer they wait, the thornier this gets-- for example, what do you do about someone who upgraded to ulti using exploited etium but +15 their item after that legit?

IMO just compensate the people who didn't exploit, punish the people who did, and put add the EC rewards we're not getting to IB rewards til you figure out what to do.

1 hour ago, 1s8B7B8-KT said:

My gripe is that the people who abused it are geared af and still in game getting all the advantages those upgrades give like facerolling dredge and ID, which throttles the progression for those who didn't exploit.

Think about it that complaint was valid at the time because the patch came out. Now tho, Not so much. Enough time has passed where 80% of the players who got geared through EC bug would of gotten that gear by now through luna runs+ etium buying with stellium.

40 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Think about it that complaint was valid at the time because the patch came out. Now tho, Not so much. Enough time has passed where 80% of the players who got geared through EC bug would of gotten that gear by now through luna runs+ etium buying with stellium.

Point is that since then the people who didn't exploit gear faster b/c they have a harder time winning. You'd have a better argument if the exploiters were evenly split among ely and asmo, but … yeah. No.

Just now, 1s8B7B8-KT said:

Point is that since then the people who didn't exploit gear faster b/c they have a harder time winning. You'd have a better argument if the exploiters were evenly split among ely and asmo, but … yeah. No.

What faction do you think abused it more? From where i sit elyos and asmo's abused it equally and then you had those people who spam kicked everyone all the time to catch everyone up in it.

Also i am not saying people should not still be compensated for their loss but ultimately as time goes on the abuse becomes less and less of an issue because those who would of had T2 ultimate would be there by now anyways.

Eh, I'm pretty sure everyone knows the answer to your first Q already, at least on KT.

As for the compensation etc., I'm not holding my breath, but in a game where everything is about snowballing your progression faster than your opponent's, BiS isn't the end of the road-- it's all the other stuff you can amass that gives you an advantage or a head start in subsequent updates. Yeah, it's always been a bit like this but it's wildly out of control now and I'm not sure they can do anything about it tbh. It's still pretty irritating that they have 0 control over the 1 thing the game is about. EC won't be the last time this happens for sure.

Just now, 1s8B7B8-KT said:

Eh, I'm pretty sure everyone knows the answer to your first Q already, at least on KT.

As for the compensation etc., I'm not holding my breath, but in a game where everything is about snowballing your progression faster than your opponent's, BiS isn't the end of the road-- it's all the other stuff you can amass that gives you an advantage or a head start in subsequent updates. Yeah, it's always been a bit like this but it's wildly out of control now and I'm not sure they can do anything about it tbh. It's still pretty irritating that they have 0 control over the 1 thing the game is about. EC won't be the last time this happens for sure.

So Asmos?

I made a similar post and people logged their alts to smear me as if it is my fault they disabled it. nobody asked the GMs to indefinitely disable the instance until they find a way to fix the bug. Allthey had to do is find a way to disable kicking for now and then fix the problem.

My post is almost identical to Aly's, I am glad at this thread people didn't want to jump on her.

Archived