Q42019

Neleth-KT

When they announced the closure of Wildstar at 2018's end, the game revenue was +- 2 billion "per Q" and put it on "Other Sales" on the last 3 Sales breakdown.

The only possible though i can get its we are safe "for now", or at least until they put Aion on the "Other Sales" in the next Sales Breakdown lol

9 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I'll not even comment about it...

wfwKY34.jpg

You know what's so sad about those sales numbers for Aion? Is that I can see it, everyone who looks at it can see it and surely they can see but yet every patch has even more worse ideas than the one before. Every patch is recycled bad ideas. Not even good ones and every patch is designed to try to get deeper down into people's wallets. Ironic part is they are losing money. In all honesty though I think from those sales numbers it's time to start playing Aion like it is gone already. P.S Incoming more mobile games. ¬¬

30 minutes ago, Treos-DN said:

You know what's so sad about those sales numbers for Aion? Is that I can see it, everyone who looks at it can see it and surely they can see but yet every patch has even more worse ideas than the one before. Every patch is recycled bad ideas. Not even good ones and every patch is designed to try to get deeper down into people's wallets. Ironic part is they are losing money. In all honesty though I think from those sales numbers it's time to start playing Aion like it is gone already. P.S Incoming more mobile games. ¬¬

Depends on how you view it. I mentioned before if neleth have listened to their conference calls and i can say that everything they said is thanks to L1's bounce back they believe they will be able to do this with their other current PC:IP's. On top of this they believe a break down in communication between Ncwest and NC:HQ is the reason for the performance in this region being poor, This was brought up 2ce in the past 4 conference calls. This aligns with everything i have read in recent times about NCsoft/NCwest but in the past 2 years it has yet to improve.

Another point brought up a few times were people looking for numbers on cannibalization/Absorption of PC gamers > Mobile games. NCsoft said that this is not the case currently they are not noticing much overlap between PC/Mobile gamers but are still monitoring the situation. 

The way Aion is going to me they are setting the playerbase up to be absorbed in to A2 the mobile version with the addition of mobile style bot being added and so on.

1 hour ago, Treos-DN said:

It seems p2w patch isn't happening to Aion only.

It also happened with BnS,GW2 it's just sad that Aion got hit the hardest.
I have no idea about Lineage1 why it's the most profitable and Lineage2 income probably coming from classic.

I believed NCwest foreseen Aion's sale before us, that's why there's Aion 7.2 feedback thread.(They never care about us like this before)

Anyway I hope this result will change their direction if not well you know what happened with Wildstar right? ;)

What was supposed to be GW2's big moneymaker for the quarter (major convenience overhaul, but mostly locked behind $$) is overpriced, so it pissed off the people who would have bought it, or had stopped using a (perfectly legal) add-on in response to Anet releasing it, and those people probably stopped buying other things, too, if not quit outright.

9 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

It seems p2w patch isn't happening to Aion only.

It also happened with BnS,GW2 it's just sad that Aion got hit the hardest.
I have no idea about Lineage1 why it's the most profitable and Lineage2 income probably coming from classic.

I believed NCwest foreseen Aion's sale before us, that's why there's Aion 7.2 feedback thread.(They never care about us like this before)

Anyway I hope this result will change their direction if not well you know what happened with Wildstar right? ;)

Gw2 isn't p2w. It's more pay for convenience. It's not gear based nor do you have to enchant skills or anything as a matter of a fact. You can create a character and jump into pvp after a quick mission and have the same stats as a level 80 character. I myself don't know what is so fascinating about Lineage. Maybe I should watch more videos to see why a game that is older than Aion is doing much better. Is it older than Aion? I have no idea.

5 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

What was supposed to be GW2's big moneymaker for the quarter (major convenience overhaul, but mostly locked behind $$) is overpriced, so it pissed off the people who would have bought it, or had stopped using a (perfectly legal) add-on in response to Anet releasing it, and those people probably stopped buying other things, too, if not quit outright.

Are you referring to the build templates?? I assume you are? My very first MMO was Gw1 and when you couldn't store builds in Gw2 I was surprised because Gw1 had that. How could an older game have something a new game didn't. It was so confusing. Then when I heard they were finally making build templates for Gw2 I was happy until they only gave you 6 free for every account and you had to pay for the rest which was not their best or brightest idea since like I said Gw1 had that and it was unlimited and free. I for one didn't spend any money on it. Was surprised some people did.

Lineage was released in 1998.

Lineage II was released in 2003.

Aion was released in 2008. 

These dates are Korean release, I believe, as we didn't get Aion until 2009. 

Why is Lineage more popular? I have no idea. It's very very grindy. 

1. Kill 300 of these.
  2. Turn in.
  3. Go kill 500 more of those.
  4. Turn in.

25 minutes ago, Treos-DN said:

Gw2 isn't p2w. It's more pay for convenience. It's not gear based nor do you have to enchant skills or anything as a matter of a fact. You can create a character and jump into pvp after a quick mission and have the same stats as a level 80 character. I myself don't know what is so fascinating about Lineage. Maybe I should watch more videos to see why a game that is older than Aion is doing much better. Is it older than Aion? I have no idea.

Are you referring to the build templates?? I assume you are? My very first MMO was Gw1 and when you couldn't store builds in Gw2 I was surprised because Gw1 had that. How could an older game have something a new game didn't. It was so confusing. Then when I heard they were finally making build templates for Gw2 I was happy until they only gave you 6 free for every account and you had to pay for the rest which was not their best or brightest idea since like I said Gw1 had that and it was unlimited and free. I for one didn't spend any money on it. Was surprised some people did.

Yeah, the build templates. I was super disappointed, so I didn't buy them. I've still spent money on skins, but I never bought build templates because I wasn't going to pay, what, $10 per template? D: Ridiculous. Still enjoy the game, though. Just wish I had time to play!

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Lineage was released in 1998.

Lineage II was released in 2003.

Aion was released in 2008. 

These dates are Korean release, I believe, as we didn't get Aion until 2009. 

Why is Lineage more popular? I have no idea. It's very very grindy. 

1. Kill 300 of these.
  2. Turn in.
  3. Go kill 500 more of those.
  4. Turn in.

So games 10 years and 5 years older than Aion are doing better. Well I am officially puzzled and intrigued at the same time. I will 100% watch more videos because this needs to be explained. Maybe it could be nostalgia? The same thing that keeps very old Aion players, playing?

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Yeah, the build templates. I was super disappointed, so I didn't buy them. I've still spent money on skins, but I never bought build templates because I wasn't going to pay, what, $10 per template? D: Ridiculous. Still enjoy the game, though. Just wish I had time to play!

I was appalled. In a way it was insulting because like I said Gw1 had them for free. A guy who streamed Gw2 never played Gw1 and I told him about Gw1 having them and he was shocked. Maybe they thought all the Gw1 players stopped playing Gw2 and thus there wasn't anyone to recall Gw1 having it? Anyway the uproar it made was justified. I still play Gw2 as well. Hell I play it almost every day.

13 minutes ago, Treos-DN said:

So games 10 years and 5 years older than Aion are doing better. Well I am officially puzzled and intrigued at the same time. I will 100% watch more videos because this needs to be explained. Maybe it could be nostalgia? The same thing that keeps very old Aion players, playing?

I think that's probably it. "This is my game" mentality. And that is absolutely why so many of us have stuck around with Aion.

1 hour ago, Treos-DN said:

I was appalled. In a way it was insulting because like I said Gw1 had them for free. A guy who streamed Gw2 never played Gw1 and I told him about Gw1 having them and he was shocked. Maybe they thought all the Gw1 players stopped playing Gw2 and thus there wasn't anyone to recall Gw1 having it? Anyway the uproar it made was justified. I still play Gw2 as well. Hell I play it almost every day.

Side note: Did they drop the price of the equipment/build templates? Could've sworn they were 600-800gems at release, but I didn't pay too much attention.

Yeah, not sure why Lineage and Lineage 2 are so popular. It's fascinating. Maybe it's like WoW in the west, and there's just so much tied to it that people come back to it/won't let it go? Their first MMOs and stuff? I know I would've off and on played SWG over the last 15 years if the game was still officially open.

Sorry I have no idea much about GW2.

Anyway, I hope Q4 is proven that current 6.x 7.x is failed.
I hope they will change the direction of the game and get rid of all the massive p2w they doing.

More shops more p2w more RNG =/= more money it's opposite.
Stop being greedy and the money will flow again.

I hope this is the lowest point of Aion, please learn this lesson.

23 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Side note: Did they drop the price of the equipment/build templates? Could've sworn they were 600-800gems at release, but I didn't pay too much attention.

Yeah, not sure why Lineage and Lineage 2 are so popular. It's fascinating. Maybe it's like WoW in the west, and there's just so much tied to it that people come back to it/won't let it go? Their first MMOs and stuff? I know I would've off and on played SWG over the last 15 years if the game was still officially open.

Went on last night and checked. It said 300 gems.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:09 PM, Aly-DN said:

I think that's probably it. "This is my game" mentality. And that is absolutely why so many of us have stuck around with Aion.

I used to be a hardcore Lineage II gamer myself, there was a time they relaunched Lineage II (something liek aion 6.2_) and they merged all the classes in the game into fewer and more basic ones. It was the easiest decision for me to quit.

Now they kinda upgraded Lineage II more, there are jump skills (we couldn't jump in lineage II previously) and teleports and generally the game feels more Diablo-ish (a friend said). they also have a new race that kills everyone easily (something like Vandals 1-shot killing everyone).

People seem to get hooked on games that have broken classes. I know I am never going back to Lineage II

Archived